Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Member Game Reviews > Nintendo Wii Reviews

Notices

Nintendo Wii Reviews Section for all Nintendo Wii Game Reviews and Wiiware Reviews

Comment

Review Tools
Madworld
Madworld
I'm MAD that I bought this
Published by SuperGamecube64
01-09-2010
Author review
Graphics
70%70%70%
Storyline
30%30%30%
Controls/Gameplay
20%20%20%
Sound
10%10%10%
Average 33%
Madworld

Oh, Madworld. You remember when it first came out, I'm sure. People raves that there was finally a mature game for hardcore gamers on the Wii. They shouted out with glee, and ran to purchase it, however, the game really didn't sell that well. After this, there many people, magazines and websites proclaiming "People wanted a hardcore game for wii, and they got one, and still didn't buy it!". Well, for those of you who didn't buy it, I salute, because this game is nothing but a bloody pile of crap. And I mean that in the mpoost literal was possible. i would bet money that SEGA actually crapped this game out.

Graphics

I'm sure you all saw the screen shots. Everything is black and white except the blood. a nice concept, but in the end, it just brings the game down a bit. Madworld would look better in color if you ask me, and the bland environments get old after just a few minutes. The graphics aren't terrible, but they really didn't do anything with them.

Sure, it looks awesome NOW, but....

Storyline

The storyline is so pointless I'm not even going to delve iunto it. There is a game show. it is violent. Jack plays it.

Controls

The controls are a very mixed bag. WHY is C jump? Even though Z is lock on, why can't I actually lock on to something correctly?A is punch, and the B button is to rev up your chainsaw, which makes sense. The up button is pick up lives and health...wich is retarded. why can't I just grab them when I touch them? The best thing about this game's controls is that, hallelujah, the motion controls actually work right.

Gameplay

But wait! Theres more crap to behold! here is how you kill one of thr first enemies in the game. You grab a tire, and slam in down over him. now he can't mvoe at all, being constricted by the tire. So, what next? You go grab a pointy stree sign, and slam it through his skull. ready for the big finish? Grab ahold of him, and drag him a spiked wall, throw him to he spiky death. awesome, right? Well, it is....the first time. Unfortunately, this is what you will be doing to basically every enemy in the game.

Great for your whole family to lament purchasing!

Sound

The announcers are juvenile, and only funny for 5 minutes. Jack has such a seterodtypical "I'm gonna kick your ass" voice that it's pathetic, and basically everyone else's voice is horrible. Then there's the soundtrack.Oh my sweet Lord, the sound track. It is RIDICULOUS.Basically, it's really fast paced rap that consists of violent lyrics and the use of the F word and the N word every 3 seconds. i don't mind the use of such words in music, but when they form the basis of your song, it's just ridiculous.

Overall

If you did not buy this game, give yourself a pat on the back. If you did buy this game, i'm terribly sorry. If you bought this game and liked it, you have issues, and an agent will be there shortly to put you out or your misery.
Published by
Futtbuck Bro no.1
SuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via MSN to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Yahoo to SuperGamecube64
Sponsored Links
By op89x on 01-09-2010, 03:33 PM
I have to say I've played this game for about 25 minutes and I agree with your opinions, all of them. The art style would be cool if it made some sort of statement about the world and society, as Sin City did, but in Madworld, it just doesn't work. There is no statement. It's just senseless violence. Also, you are supposed to have several different ways to kill people, and you're awarded points for using variety in your kills, but as you suggested, you end up killing people in the same routine fashion, over and over again. The music and commentators would have been funny and cool if I were ten, but I'm not, and I felt like after 25 minutes, I had already played the entire game.

I actually might write my own review of this game, using this post as a jumping-off point. I wish I could sell this game and get a decent price for it.
By Mreow on 01-09-2010, 04:47 PM
I think itīs a cool game, and a challenging one.
I agree that itīs mostly meaningless violence, but sometimes thatīs whats needed on the Wii.
Itīs a good review, thatīs your opinion and i respect that, but i think itīs a really cool game.
By SuperGamecube64 on 01-09-2010, 05:14 PM
Member reviews
Graphics
70%70%70%
Storyline
30%30%30%
Controls/Gameplay
20%20%20%
Sound
10%10%10%
Average 33%
Quote:
Originally Posted by op89x View Post
I have to say I've played this game for about 25 minutes and I agree with your opinions, all of them. The art style would be cool if it made some sort of statement about the world and society, as Sin City did, but in Madworld, it just doesn't work. There is no statement. It's just senseless violence. Also, you are supposed to have several different ways to kill people, and you're awarded points for using variety in your kills, but as you suggested, you end up killing people in the same routine fashion, over and over again. The music and commentators would have been funny and cool if I were ten, but I'm not, and I felt like after 25 minutes, I had already played the entire game.

I actually might write my own review of this game, using this post as a jumping-off point. I wish I could sell this game and get a decent price for it.
my copy is currently up on Ebay
By Megas75 on 01-09-2010, 05:16 PM
Nice review, even though your opinions are completely different from those of others, but I'll respect it.

And I'll take your advice and not buy it, I'm not much of a fan of gorefests, nor am I a fan of rap music with that sort of language
By da Beef on 01-10-2010, 01:23 AM
this review is bad. you don't explain your opinions and seem to have some vendetta against this game from the start. i feel like you missed the point
By Joe22 on 01-12-2010, 02:01 AM
I can't believe someone else agrees with me on this. The game is like a combination of mature-esc stuff all rolled together and handed out. It's no fun to kill over the top when that's what you're suppose to do.
By Mreow on 01-12-2010, 08:49 AM
You guys are just so, wrong.
I think the game youīre talking about is Manhunt 2. Not Madworld.
By Tencade Kazarian on 01-12-2010, 10:14 AM
this game was nothing but about killing. that was its down fall.
the story made lil sense. also it was short. Graphics are blah. the black and white thing doesnt fit. also its graphics are blur. they arent very good. but I'm not big on graphics so it didnt bug me.
tho it was fun to play. but it just wasnt met to be put on the wii.

also not to diss ur review but u only commented bad things sbout the game. rly a Review should have the goods n bads. u make this game sound very bad when rly its not. Next time try to be in the middle. Talk about the story and not just say it was pointless cuz if someone never played this game u just turned them off. even tho it is worth buying for $20. Talk about all aspects of the game.
Last edited by Tencade Kazarian; 01-12-2010 at 10:19 AM..
By op89x on 01-12-2010, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennindo View Post
this game was nothing but about killing. that was its down fall.
the story made lil sense. also it was short. Graphics are blah. the black and white thing doesnt fit. also its graphics are blur. they arent very good. but I'm not big on graphics so it didnt bug me.
tho it was fun to play. but it just wasnt met to be put on the wii.

also not to diss ur review but u only commented bad things sbout the game. rly a Review should have the goods n bads. u make this game sound very bad when rly its not. Next time try to be in the middle. Talk about the story and not just say it was pointless cuz if someone never played this game u just turned them off. even tho it is worth buying for $20. Talk about all aspects of the game.
If his opinion is that it was bad, he doesn't need to be "in the middle." He also doesn't have to worry about turning people off of the game if they haven't played it, because reviews are for people who have already played the game, not those who want to find out if they'll like it or not. That's what previews are for.
Comment