Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Member Game Reviews > Other Reviews

Notices

Other Reviews Playstation, Xbox, PC, or any other console game Review. Also console reviews too

Comment

Review Tools
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Published by SuperGamecube64
01-24-2010
Author review
Graphics
85%85%85%
Storyline
80%80%80%
Controls/Gameplay
85%85%85%
Sound
75%75%75%
Average 81%
Panzer Dragoon Orta

INTRO
If you've known me long at all, you know I love dragons. When this game came out, I didn't have an xbox, and that fact that it involved dragons made it instantly awesome in my mind. It was one of the first games that made me say "I wish I had an xbox!". Well, after I got a 360 a couple of years ago, i found it cheap, and jumped on the chance to own it. I have to say the game isn't as great as I thought it would be. I overhyped it. That doesn't stop it from being one of the better xbox only titles.

Graphics

The graphics are awesome for their time. From the dragon to the enrionments, everything is crisp and full of detail. Some enrionments are dark, and sad while others are filled with bright, lively colors. Naturaly, cutscene graphics are better than in game graphics, but the FMV sequences are qute beautiful.

Storyline

The story takes place long after the events of Panzer Dragoon Saga. The Empire has risen, and is using technology from the ancient age to create genetically engineered dragons called "Dragonmares"(a combination of dragon and nightmare i assume). Orta, an encaptured girl has lived all her life in a tower. She is kept there by the Seekers, people who fear that she is a harbinger of doom. One night,Dragonmares invade the valley and destroy much of the city and make for Orta's tower. However, before the Dragonmares can harm her, a mysterious Dragon appears and eliminates them.

-paraphrased from Wikipedia because I haven't played in so long. as you can see, the story is quite interesting.

Controls

The controls are very simple to understand, and work very well.The A button handles Orta's laser. if you hold it, however, the dragon will lock onto targets and fire a beam at them.You accelerate with X and decelerate with B. This works like the brake and boost system from Starfox. The Y button chanegs your dragon forms, which will be discussed later.L and R triggers are used for sharp turns, or can be double tapped for...you guessed it...BARREL ROLL!

Gameplay

This game takes much of it's inspiration from starfox. It is a rail shooter while multiple paths. I'm not sure how many, though. The biggest differences from Starfox are that you are on a dragon and it is a bit slower paced. On top of this, your dragon has 3 forms. One for heavy combat, one for speed and 1 that is for control. Each form levels up as you use it more, becoming stronger. The gameplay is pretty solid. This is very SIMILAR to Starfox, but it is also very DIFFERENT from Starfox.

Sound

People talk another language, so the voice acting is basically gibberish. Don't worry, they are subtitled. As for the music, it'sok I guess. There weren't any songs that really stood out to me all that much, but most of the music is fun to listen to.

Overall

Panzer Dragoon Orta is a good game, and if you can find it for a decent price is worth your time and money. Sorry for the lack of Screenshots.
Sponsored Links
Comment