Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Nintendo Games > Pokemon Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 11:46 PM   #1
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1
Points: 59,012, Level: 100 Points: 59,012, Level: 100 Points: 59,012, Level: 100
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom

My Mood: Woot
SuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Level 100 Award NFF Promoter Review of the Month Monster Poster 
Total Awards: 19

Send a message via AIM to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via MSN to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Yahoo to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Skype™ to SuperGamecube64 Xbox Live Gamertag: SuperGamecube64
What Pokemon needs to do to save itself

It's no secret that the Pokemon series is starting to become a little...stale for lack of a better word. Here's what I think needs to be done.

instead of 5 cool new pokemon, and 200 retarded ones, why not just release about 20-30 pokemon that don't suck with each installment? The originals were almost all cool. second generation also had some pretty awesome new pokemon. Then came Ruby and Saphire, which, while they were at this point begining to go downhill a bit, still had a lot of good ones...ad then came Diamond and Pearl. What kind of drugs where they on when they made diamond and pearl? I only like 10% of the newest generation.

I normaly go by the old saying, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. However, with pokemon, it was never broken, and didn't need fixing. That doesn't mean you can't build on what's already there. Nohing ever really changes that much. When Ruby and Saphire came along we were introduced to double battles, which i love in multiplayer, but in the single player I just find it annoying. Probably the biggest innovation in my opinion was breeding in Gold and Silver.

This is the most minor of all my complaints on the list. Perhaps that should ask you your age range in the begining of the game. That way, I, a 19 year old, am not being shouted at with the name "Hey, kid!" and "oh, it's just a kid!". Again, thats a majorly minor complaint.

I mentioned before they needed to innovate more. Well, here are a few of my ideas.

-Each pokemon(or rather, evolution line) has 1 attack unique to them that they learn upon reaching level 100. It only has 1 PP, and does not take up any of your other 4 move slots. Pretty cool idea, right?

-Full fight sequences. As is, even in 3d installments, you never actually see the pokemon touhc. If I use "tackle" I don't want to see my pokemon jmup forward, and then see the other slide back even though they are yards away. I want to see my pokemon run full force and knock the freakin wind out of it's opponent.

-Crossbreeding. Nuff Said. Fear my Charitoise!...ok, maybe not a Charitoise. there would have to be boundaries, but it would certainly not hurt to build upon what was already the most innovative addition to the series.

-Real time combat. It could work like the FF series time guage. This could be optional at least.

what do you guys think of these ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandyn View Post
You wield the banhammer like Thor wields Mjolnir.

"No, you're clearly wrong. A game's success is determined by the score. Opinions are facts now, and if this game gets too many negative facts then this game clearly sucks so we should all just leave and play Kingdom Hearts and Call of Duty.(that hurt to type)" - Sabeta_Sama of GFAQs
Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2010, 11:51 PM   #2
Princess Elle
Nintendo King/Queen
Points: 16,966, Level: 83 Points: 16,966, Level: 83 Points: 16,966, Level: 83

My Mood: Angelic
Princess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to behold

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Royalty Yoshi Sheriff Medic Princess Award Poster NFF Promoter 
Total Awards: 8

Send a message via ICQ to Princess Elle Send a message via AIM to Princess Elle Send a message via MSN to Princess Elle Send a message via Yahoo to Princess Elle Send a message via Skype™ to Princess Elle PSN ID: ElleFan98 Xbox Live Gamertag: Willgetonesoon
Cross breeding would be awesome. Mewchu
Sometimes we fall...so
Fall on Jesus
Fall on Jesus
Fall on Jesus and live!
- Untitled Hymn (Come To Jesus) -
-Chris Rice-
Old 01-25-2010, 12:14 AM   #3
Patchouli
Bluh Bluh
Points: 167, Level: 3 Points: 167, Level: 3 Points: 167, Level: 3

My Mood: Sleepy
Patchouli is an unknown quantity at this point

I thought crossbreeding to be an wonderful idea...

Well, then I remembered that Wailord can breed with Skitty and Seedot. Then the whole crossbreeding thing just crossed from wonderful to amazing.
Old 01-25-2010, 12:48 AM   #4
Megas75
A Goddamn Philistine
Points: 23,763, Level: 94 Points: 23,763, Level: 94 Points: 23,763, Level: 94
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 3x SNES Controller User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Poke Doll User owns 2x Chao
User owns 1x Black Mage User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Heart Tank

My Mood: Twisted
Megas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Monster Poster Profile of the Month Award News Reporter Welcome Wagon Royalty Poster 
Total Awards: 7

WiiU ID: Megas75
I like the crossbreeding idea. But what I'd like is for a change in the formula, it seems like every game they have you do the exact same thing: You start in your home town, you leave to train Pokemon, fight the gym leaders, then the Elite 4, then your rival, then you become the Pokemon Master. It was good for the first game, but having to do it again in the other games just gets bothersome for me

Last edited by Megas75; 01-25-2010 at 01:38 AM.
Old 01-25-2010, 01:01 AM   #5
Pokeman
Good ol PT
Points: 13,897, Level: 76 Points: 13,897, Level: 76 Points: 13,897, Level: 76

Pokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to behold

Awards Showcase
Poster 
Total Awards: 1

Send a message via Skype™ to Pokeman PSN ID: Pityflame WiiU ID: Pityflame
Quote:
This is the most minor of all my complaints on the list. Perhaps that should ask you your age range in the begining of the game. That way, I, a 19 year old, am not being shouted at with the name "Hey, kid!" and "oh, it's just a kid!". Again, thats a majorly minor complaint.
I like being called kid and stuff in the game, lol. Cause then your enemys got owned by a kid, less impressed then getting owned by an adult

Quote:
-Each pokemon(or rather, evolution line) has 1 attack unique to them that they learn upon reaching level 100. It only has 1 PP, and does not take up any of your other 4 move slots. Pretty cool idea, right?
nah

Quote:
-Full fight sequences. As is, even in 3d installments, you never actually see the pokemon touhc. If I use "tackle" I don't want to see my pokemon jmup forward, and then see the other slide back even though they are yards away. I want to see my pokemon run full force and knock the freakin wind out of it's opponent.
I actually want the exact opposite. Having full fight sequences would make the battles so much longer.. unless there was a way to skip/speed them up. I would much rather have fast quick battles *cough* golden sun *cough*

Quote:
-Crossbreeding. Nuff Said. Fear my Charitoise!...ok, maybe not a Charitoise. there would have to be boundaries, but it would certainly not hurt to build upon what was already the most innovative addition to the series.
so basicly your saying only put 30 pokemon or so in, but then add cross breeding that will add hundreds of new pokemon?

I say for pokemon gen 5, they make it have nothing at all to do with any of the previous pokemon games. Also no new legendarys. Also make it so you can possibly pick which region (of the original 4, no more new gay regions) you want to pick to start in. Each region could have its own pokemon and other things, and you can visit other regions as you advance through w/e region you started in
Old 01-26-2010, 12:55 AM   #6
da Beef
Banned

da Beef will become famous soon enoughda Beef will become famous soon enough

Awards Showcase
Poster 

Gen 5 needs to take place ahead in the timeline. Gen 4 takes place at the same time as gen 2, so let's move on
Old 01-26-2010, 01:24 AM   #7
Alice
----
Points: 32,720, Level: 100 Points: 32,720, Level: 100 Points: 32,720, Level: 100
User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller

My Mood: Artistic
Alice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant future

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Member of the Month NFF Old Man Award NFF Annual Awards Level 100 Award NFF's 4th Annual Award Royalty Welcome Wagon Joker 
Total Awards: 14

Send a message via MSN to Alice Send a message via Skype™ to Alice 3DS Friend Code: 3711-7997-2642 PSN ID: ArktikAlice Xbox Live Gamertag: ArktikAlice
stick less with a storyline and more with whatever the hell the player wants to do

also, more of a SSB style fight system

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth
I spend many lonely nights wishing Alice would lock me in my bedchamber and pleasure me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderRebelNews via Skype
There are too few hours in a day for things like 'eating'
Old 01-26-2010, 11:41 AM   #8
Banned

My Mood: Devilish
... is infamous around these parts... is infamous around these parts

Crossbreeding and unique moves..yes. Everything else...meh. I always wanted a game where you could choose one of the syndicates (Team rocket, team aqua etc.) and work for them. And rise through ranks and all that unoriginal shit.
Old 01-26-2010, 12:14 PM   #9
Kansaibou
The LEgEndarY HeRo
Points: 2,722, Level: 31 Points: 2,722, Level: 31 Points: 2,722, Level: 31

My Mood: Cool
Kansaibou is on a distinguished road

Awards Showcase
Member of the Month NFF 1st Annual Award NFF Debater 
Total Awards: 3

Send a message via AIM to Kansaibou Send a message via Skype™ to Kansaibou
Well.. i disagree that pokemon needs saving.. its still kicking all tons of ass in the game market..

BUT

Your ideas are amazing.. >..

Ive always been curious about cross-breeding myself.. Houndoom+lucario=awesome.
Old 01-26-2010, 06:15 PM   #10
Pokeman
Good ol PT
Points: 13,897, Level: 76 Points: 13,897, Level: 76 Points: 13,897, Level: 76

Pokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to behold

Awards Showcase
Poster 

Send a message via Skype™ to Pokeman PSN ID: Pityflame WiiU ID: Pityflame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansaibou View Post
Well.. i disagree that pokemon needs saving.. its still kicking all tons of ass in the game market..

BUT

Your ideas are amazing.. >..

Ive always been curious about cross-breeding myself.. Houndoom+lucario=awesome.
Hocario would be retarded =/
Closed Thread