Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Member Game Reviews > Other Reviews

Notices

Other Reviews Playstation, Xbox, PC, or any other console game Review. Also console reviews too

Comment

Review Tools
Tekken 6
Tekken 6
Boxers, and Judo masters and Kangaroos, oh my!
Published by SuperGamecube64
01-27-2010
Author review
Graphics
90%90%90%
Storyline
75%75%75%
Controls/Gameplay
85%85%85%
Sound
85%85%85%
Average 84%
Tekken 6

I'll admit, my first thoughts when I played Tekken 6 was "What a let down". However, since I first sat down to play it, my opinion has changed. I'll explain why in this review. My Tekken career first began at a North Carolina bowling alley arcade. I used to go with my Grandma, captain of a bowling team, every week and meet up with a bunch of kids there. We would all go back to the arcade, and play Tekken 2 tournament style. I have played every Tekken released since then. The series had seriously had it's downs, but always seemed to recover. so, what is Tekken 6? an up or a down?

Graphics

Now this is a current gen fighting game. Every little detail shows up crystal clear, and believe me, there is plenty of detail.The backgrounds look as amazing as the character models, even when they're being destroyed by the combatants. Tekken has never looked so good.

Jin Kazama faces off against Dragunov in glorious high definition!

Storyline

I honestly won't be surprised if I'm the only person on the planet that tries to follow Tekken's story line. since the beginning, Tekken story has told tales of love, betrayel, power and greed.This time around, Jin Kazama is the new head honcho at G Corporation, and he's going to use his corporate awesomeness and kung fu skillz to do..awesome..badass....stuff. i don't really understand what he's after. Meanwhile, some new robot chick name alissa is cutting people up with her chain saw arms...yeah...I think that's about right. This is weirdest, and most hard to follow Tekken ever. Seriously. i don't even half way understand it. All I know is that they took one of my favorite fighting game heroes and made him evil. Crap!

Controls

Tekken's controls have always been very accessible, and admire that about it. each button controls a specif limb on the character's body. This makes it very simple to pull off moves you want without even knowing what they are. If you want to kick with your right leg, there is a button for that, and vice versa. Same goes for punching. that isn't to say it's too simple, however. The combat system is still deep enough for veterans to sink their teeth into. when I first played Tekken 6, I thought the controls were sluggish, and slow to respond. After spending some time with it, however, I've learned that Tekken 6 is in fact more fluid than ever.

Gameplay

Ok, the campaign mode is a huge pile a dung. I am not going to even review that part aside from saying it is atrocious. It was atrocious in 3, it was atrocious in 5 and it is atrocious in 6 as well. No one plays Tekken for campaign mode. Fighting is where it's at. As I mentioned above, the controls are very fluid, and fights flow elegantly. The fights in Tekken have always been a tad on the short side, but if it bothers you that much you can adjust the win count from anywhere between 1 or 5. Take Tekken 5, give it a graphical overhaul, and make the fighting more fluid than ever. That's Tekken 6. I do have one complaint. Azazel is the cheapest of cheap video game bosses in the history of cheap video game bosses ever.

Character Roster

Tekken 6 has a total of 40 playable characters. Most of the old favorites are here, but they STILL have not brought back Kunimitsu! why, Namco, why? Aside from the absence of Kunimitsu, Michelle is also MIA, but Julia is there, so it doesn't really matter since they were basically clones. And of course Jun is missing, what with being murdered by ogre and everything. They replaced her with Asuka in Tekken 5. Overall, The roster does not disappoint, although I wish they'd bring back Kunimitsu, as well as Alex; a dinosaur palette swap from Roger in Tekken 2. as for new characters, there's Zafina, an Egyptian mage that awoke Azazel, the games boss. There is also bob. He's a fat American dude. Stereotypical much? Miguel is a fast fisted street fighter from Spain(Or maybe it's Mexico? i think he's from Spain, though.) fighting to avenge his sister's death. there are a few more, but I feel I've gone on about the characters long enough.

Oh yeah, another newbie is Lars. No one likes him.

Sound

I find it amusing that even though they all speak their native language, they can all understand one another perfectly. all of the Japanese, Korean and Chinese voice actors are great, at elast by American standards anyway, since we(most of us) don't understand it. Some characters, such as Lili speak English, though of origins, such as France in Lili's case, as well as some English lines from Miguel. The Egnlish voices are a mixed bag. Once in a while there's a line that makes you cringe, but for the most part it's all pretty good. as for music, it's just as varied as the fighting style. from oriental string instruments to heavy metal, there is a bit of everything here.

Overall

For fighting game fans, it's a must play. just give yourself some time to get used to it, especially if you are a Tekken veteran like me. If you are new to fighting games, this may be a good choice as well, due to the accessibility and low learning curve. The final boss is just cheap though. like, dollar store cheap. Overall, though it may not be quite what we expected, its still a worthy entry in the series.
Published by
Futtbuck Bro no.1
SuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via MSN to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Yahoo to SuperGamecube64
Sponsored Links
By Holysnap on 01-29-2010, 03:59 AM
-jin is head of mishima zaibatsu, a company which shares a rivalry with G corporation

-there's quite a few typos in the review - the most notable being "but they STILL have brought back Kunimitsu!" (haven't)

- you should probably check your facts before posting
By marvman3 on 01-29-2010, 06:39 AM
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holysnap View Post

-there's quite a few typos in the review - the most notable being "but they STILL have brought back Kunimitsu!" (haven't)
That quote that SGC64 made.....

Was probably the funniest line Marvman has heard all day.

"but they STILL have brought back Kunimitsu! why, Namco, why? Aside from the absence of Kunimitsu,"

LMAO.

But ya know,
this title, has gone down to less than $30 on the market,
and seems to be value priced.....

Marvman might pick this fighter up soon.

Rockn.

Thanks for the review GameCube!
By Keyman4 on 01-29-2010, 07:57 AM
good review I'm a fan of the Tekken series as well....

Ahhh, the days of Tekken 3.....
By Pokeman on 01-29-2010, 03:34 PM
This game looks dumb
By Rin on 01-29-2010, 03:39 PM
There are a few grammatical errors, and the wording is off in some places, but at least it isn't 300 pages long. It is an alright review. One thumb up from me.
By SuperGamecube64 on 01-29-2010, 05:35 PM
Member reviews
Graphics
90%90%90%
Storyline
75%75%75%
Controls/Gameplay
85%85%85%
Sound
85%85%85%
Average 84%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holysnap View Post
-jin is head of mishima zaibatsu, a company which shares a rivalry with G corporation

- you should probably check your facts before posting
yes, hthat was a typo. And check ym facts? what the hell are you talking about? Kunimitsu is -NOT- in the game, and I stated that once before the typo.
By ... on 01-29-2010, 05:52 PM
Each button controls a specific limb? Interesting. As for the review itself, not bad.
By Holysnap on 01-29-2010, 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGamecube64 View Post
yes, hthat was a typo. And check ym facts? what the hell are you talking about? Kunimitsu is -NOT- in the game, and I stated that once before the typo.
I wasn't talking about kunimitsu

the jin G corporation thing and "Miguel is a fast fisted street fighter from Spain(Or maybe it's Mexico? i think he's from Spain, though.)

i admit its not really major but you could of at least checked and confirmed what nationality he is.
By Rin on 01-29-2010, 09:55 PM
I'm thinking it was either an honest mistake, or something he was going to fix later.
Comment