Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Creative Corner > Profiles and Blogs

Notices

Profiles and Blogs Blogs and Profiles written by our members, telling about themselves.

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 10:25 AM   #1
op89x
Not on the review team
Points: 3,648, Level: 37 Points: 3,648, Level: 37 Points: 3,648, Level: 37
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 1x Warpstar User owns 1x Princess Ruto User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance
User owns 1x Princess Peach Crown User owns 1x Frog Suit User owns 1x Red Shell User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Green Shell User owns 1x Gold Coin User owns 1x Fire Flower
User owns 1x Magic Cape Feather User owns 1x Water Element

op89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the rough

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster Poster 
Total Awards: 2

Retiring from GMod

Today will be my last day as a GMod. I'm hanging it all up starting tomorrow.

I decided to make an official announcement here to reduce the amount of "hey op why aren't you green anymore" profile comments, or the amount of PMs Mario or myself are sure to receive.

First of all, this is something I've been talking to Mario about for a little while now, and has nothing to do with the goings-on of this site. The thing is, I got a new teaching job this semester and the children I'm working with are part of a totally different program; I've never taught this program before. While being able to teach these kids is considered a "promotion," it feels like I'm a first-year teacher all over again, since I can't use any of my prior lesson plans and activities. Everything I do with these kids has to be planned in advance according to numerous state, county, and federal mandates and laws, which take time to check against.

I do still get to teach some of my low-level classes, but now I have more special ed. kids than ever before, and this presents an entirely new challenge. For those of you who don't know, special ed. students no longer have their own classroom like they used to; they are now mixed in with the general population. This means that the ability levels in my low-level class are widely varied; some will finish an assignment in three minutes, while others will still need more time after an hour. This also makes planning difficult, and makes long-term planning nearly impossible.

Add onto that all the paperwork, meetings, etc. that come from moving to a new school, the grading I have to do every week, and the training for the new program, and I've been beyond busy lately. It's only been one week and I'm pretty far behind.

I simply don't have the time to come on here and read every single post like I used to, so starting tomorrow (Monday) I'm freeing up my GMod spot for someone else. Please don't PM Mario about who it is; a decision will be made, if it's decided we need another GMod at all.

As far as being a mod goes, let me tell you: it's a lot more work than you'd think, and for very little reward. There's the obligation to read everything anyone posts on this site, to know the rules thoroughly, and to ban people that you might actually like, just because they can't control themselves. And the banning is annoying too, because then you get all these PMs and VMs from people asking why someone was banned, when, guess what? It's none of your business. Mods really shouldn't tell you why someone was banned in order to protect their privacy, and people shouldn't ask because it doesn't involve them.

But then a few days later you find the people you banned are back again under new names, so you ban them again, and they come back, etc. I've banned one member 9 times, and there's two members (that I know of) on this site right now that I've banned several times before as well. I guess people are just too pathetic these days; whatever. That's on them.

As for the Review Team, I'm still a member, but I'm not leading it anymore. I don't have time to approve reviews or applications. I'm leaving the Review Team in the hands of da Beef. He's been a mentor to several of the review team members and hopefuls, so much so that they contact him for advice before me. He obviously has the respect of everyone reviewing on this site, and his reviews and philosophy of reviews are solid. He's my obvious choice.

I'll still be a part of this site, and I'll still be around, but it just won't be as often or in the same capacity.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2010, 10:37 AM   #2
DarkLegacy
Points: 1,868, Level: 25 Points: 1,868, Level: 25 Points: 1,868, Level: 25
User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance User owns 1x Cucoo User owns 1x Green Shell User owns 1x Poke Doll User owns 1x Z-Saber User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Shuriken
User owns 1x Triforce

My Mood: Brooding
DarkLegacy is just really niceDarkLegacy is just really niceDarkLegacy is just really niceDarkLegacy is just really nice

Awards Showcase
Royalty Signature of the Month Poster NFF 1st Annual Award 
Total Awards: 4

PSN ID: Jordeh59
I'm glad I'm not a mod, I wouldn't be able to manage. Anyway I hope your new job brings you lots of satisfaction and money.

Tag by me
Old 01-31-2010, 10:57 AM   #3
op89x
Not on the review team
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 1x Warpstar User owns 1x Princess Ruto User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance
User owns 1x Princess Peach Crown User owns 1x Frog Suit User owns 1x Red Shell User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Green Shell User owns 1x Gold Coin User owns 1x Fire Flower

op89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the rough

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster Poster 

Thanks guys. I'm hoping I can behave myself with the money. The benefits are the best thing, though. I have health insurance now, so I can see my doctor again!

Old 01-31-2010, 11:47 AM   #4
Megas75
A Festive Philistine
Points: 24,449, Level: 95 Points: 24,449, Level: 95 Points: 24,449, Level: 95
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 3x SNES Controller User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Poke Doll User owns 2x Chao
User owns 1x Black Mage User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Heart Tank

My Mood: Twisted
Megas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Monster Poster Profile of the Month Award News Reporter Welcome Wagon Royalty Poster 
Total Awards: 7

WiiU ID: Megas75
It's going to suck not seeing you as a mod, you really contributed a lot to this site, but I think you're decision is for the best.

Here's hoping you're new job is rewarding.
Old 01-31-2010, 12:04 PM   #5
Tencade Kazarian
Disconnect
Points: 7,522, Level: 57 Points: 7,522, Level: 57 Points: 7,522, Level: 57
User owns 1x Nintendo DS

My Mood: Devilish
Tencade Kazarian will become famous soon enough

Awards Showcase
Royalty 
Total Awards: 1

ur were a great Mod. as a former mod I kno what u mean by it being busy.
anyways good luck n take care.
Old 01-31-2010, 12:37 PM   #6
Cam3ron36@NFF
NHL Fanatic
Points: 32,001, Level: 100 Points: 32,001, Level: 100 Points: 32,001, Level: 100
User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 3x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Bullet Bill User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Fighter

My Mood: Gaming
Cam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award Royalty Monster Poster Review of the Month Review of the Month Poster Game Reviewer 
Total Awards: 8

Send a message via Skype™ to Cam3ron36@NFF Xbox Live Gamertag: cam3ron36
Wow, didn't expect this. Good luck with everything, I'd probably mod if I weren't moving in a matter of months (of course if we decide to move to a hotel, then I'd be able to come still), I have lots of free time on my hands usually... but I... I don't know...

da beef should be good for the review team, hope to see you around op. Not many others here that enjoy, and still play the classics...
Old 01-31-2010, 01:26 PM   #7
Banned

My Mood: Devilish
... is infamous around these parts... is infamous around these parts

When I saw the title, I thought you were talking about Garry's mod.

Wut?

Gratz anyway.
Old 01-31-2010, 01:57 PM   #8
Pokeman
Good ol PT
Points: 13,984, Level: 76 Points: 13,984, Level: 76 Points: 13,984, Level: 76

My Mood: Woot
Pokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to behold

Awards Showcase
Poster 
Total Awards: 1

Send a message via Skype™ to Pokeman PSN ID: Pityflame WiiU ID: Pityflame
So your just leaving being a mod?

It sounded like your leaving the whole site ._.

Old 01-31-2010, 02:05 PM   #9
Blitz
Just Chillin'
Points: 549, Level: 10 Points: 549, Level: 10 Points: 549, Level: 10
User owns 1x Gold Coin User owns 1x Yoshi Egg User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald

My Mood: Relaxed
Blitz is on a distinguished road

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Royalty NFF 1st Annual Award 

I hope everything works out great for you, Op, and good luck on your job.

Old 01-31-2010, 03:05 PM   #10
op89x
Not on the review team

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster Poster 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokeman View Post
So your just leaving being a mod?

It sounded like your leaving the whole site ._.
I'm not leaving the site entirely. I'm just going to be much less active.

Closed Thread