Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Member Game Reviews > Classic Nintendo Reviews

Notices

Classic Nintendo Reviews Section for all Retro Nintendo Games for NES, SNES, Gamecube, Nintendo 64, Gameboy

Comment

Review Tools
Killer Instinct
Killer Instinct
It's rare for Rare to produce something so medicore...
Published by SuperGamecube64
02-12-2010
Author review
Graphics
75%75%75%
Storyline
20%20%20%
Controls/Gameplay
65%65%65%
Sound
60%60%60%
Average 55%
Killer Instinct

Normally, I love any game Rare makes, even they just crapped it out of their butt in a hurry(Starfox Adventures for example). This game isn't terrible, but it's far from great.

Graphics

Killer instinct is a bit of a Mortal Kombat clone, however, it's character models do no look realistic as in MK. I'd compare it more to Primal Rage when it comes to character animation. not terrible, but could be better. the backgrounds on the other hand are pretty well done. The prefight load screens are very poorly rendered.

Storyline

Weakest storyline ever. There is a company and they are holding a fighting tournament. oh yeah, and they mutated some stuff and entered them as well. Story is made of suck and lose and has no depth at all.

Controls

The controls are pretty tight, as they need to be in a fighting game, and very responsive. there isn't much to say about them, I just wish L and R weren't used, but since the SNES only has 4 face buttons, as opposed to an arcade cabinet's 6, there was really no choice.

Gameplay

It's a fighting game like a more fluid Mortal Kombat. MK is very slow paced, but this game is a bit faster and mroe combo focuses. In fact, you can perform up to a 100 combo. like Mk, there is a fatality system, but with a T rating, the kills are far less violent. Also, find a buddy, and play against him, because the computer is cheaper than a Snickers bar during a half off sale.

Sound

Every arena has a different song, but none of it is memorable. as for character's you'll hear grutns and screams, of course. the announcer's voice is pretty clear, but after hearing " GREAT COMBO!!" and "COMBO BREAKER!!!" a couple of times, I wanted to punch my screen.

Overall

If you're THAT desperate for a fighting game, it can be fun for about half an hour. I realize this game has it's fans, but I'm certainly not one of them.
Published by
Futtbuck Bro no.1
SuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via MSN to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Yahoo to SuperGamecube64
Sponsored Links
By Cam3ron36@NFF on 02-15-2010, 01:38 PM
This is the ONLY fighting game that I like. How can you say mediocre, the controls were great.

The opening song is epic:

By Rin on 02-15-2010, 02:20 PM
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion Cam3ron, and you know this already.

Decent.
By Phil on 02-15-2010, 04:21 PM
I loved this game even though some of the moves were too complicated for me. I don't think I ever experienced everything though, I didn't play it much
By Cam3ron36@NFF on 02-15-2010, 04:57 PM
what's too hard about the controls? :-\ There is a light kick, medium kick, and a fierce kick. Same with punches, the special moves are where it starts getting complicated.
By Phil on 02-15-2010, 05:18 PM
It was the special moves and combo breakers that got me. Moves that required complex analog movements :/
By SuperGamecube64 on 02-15-2010, 07:36 PM
Member reviews
Graphics
75%75%75%
Storyline
20%20%20%
Controls/Gameplay
65%65%65%
Sound
60%60%60%
Average 55%
As has already been said Cam, this is my opinion of the game. it isn't terrible, or broken. It's quite playable. But it does nothing to set itself apart, the AI is incredibly cheap and to be frank, I just don't care for it that much.
Comment