Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Creative Corner > Profiles and Blogs

Notices

Profiles and Blogs Blogs and Profiles written by our members, telling about themselves.

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 12:14 AM   #1
Cam3ron36@NFF
NHL Fanatic
Points: 31,751, Level: 100 Points: 31,751, Level: 100 Points: 31,751, Level: 100
User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 3x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Bullet Bill User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Fighter

My Mood: Gaming
Cam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award Royalty Monster Poster Review of the Month Review of the Month Poster Game Reviewer 
Total Awards: 8

Send a message via Skype™ to Cam3ron36@NFF Xbox Live Gamertag: cam3ron36
Thumbs up Finally, Holy... stuff!

You know it's funny... Have you ever had your mind set on buying a specific console for... A YEAR?! I didn't think so, and I don't mean just not being able to afford the console in question. I mean, legitimately trying & trying to get this console and some how. Not being able to do it. Whether it was because the store in question didn't have the console, whatever it is. Imagine this whole year, and some how. I ALWAYS wind up getting screwed when trying to get it! I'm kind of laughing at this now, it's really funny... sort of.....................

Let's count here:

First attempt: Wind up going to the store, not knowing that my brother was selling the very console I was intending to buy, so I turn down the offer thinking that we already have one, and buying Sim Ant on Snes instead.

second attempt: Saving up all my money, prepping to go when suddenly i can't be driven there because my brother lost his liscense

Third attempt: Go to buy my saturn when one store is closed. So I buy some 360 games instead.

Fourth attempt: Go to store on my birthday with my parents, since it's what I asked for. Buy a GC game, then try to ask about the console in question. Only to find out that the shop keep talks to his friend the whole time and I wind up having my mom come in and say we have to go since she has to work right away.

Fifth attempt: Same day, I beg to go check the other store down the street quick to see if they still have the deal on the console... No, it sold the day before I see some Game Gears, and say that they might be cool to have too. Try all three, and none of them work... Go home...

Sixth Attempt: Recently, I save up 195 bucks... I am not letting it go this time, it's been like six months since the last time I went to the stores. I plan it out, find out which of the two stores have the better deal. One store has the better deal on the console for 60 bucks with 2 controllers. But no games, so i plan to go there first and then go to the other store for games. I go with my mom again, and we get lost for 2 hours, but we finally do find the stores... So I go and buy the console, everything is just fine. I buy it, awesome. Drive down to the other store... You'll never guess my luck here... It's closed! So now, I go home with the console and no freaking games.

So, by now, you're probably thinking I'm some guy trying to buy a stupid DS or one of nintendos lame "Revolutionary controls" consoles... No, in case you didn't know, I'm into the older stuff (I'm not trying to mock the Wii or the DS, but it sucks playing a game with a pen or pointer). Point is, no, this is a semi-rare under-appreciated console of the early 90's. Most of you have probably been following my commentary in various threads about this a while back, but for those that weren't. I am talking about the almighty Saturn!:

Spoiler

I thought I'd rant about this because today, I got my first Saturn game, can you guess what it is? Well, it was ported to about 15 different consoles and most usually dub this as the worst port of it when it's really not... It's in my sig, it's playing as my profile music. If you still don't know, then wow. You're an idiot

Spoiler

For listening to my rant
Old 02-25-2010, 02:12 PM   #2
General Guy
Aristocrat
Points: 1,346, Level: 20 Points: 1,346, Level: 20 Points: 1,346, Level: 20
User owns 1x Golden Mushroom

General Guy is just really niceGeneral Guy is just really niceGeneral Guy is just really niceGeneral Guy is just really nice

Friend Codes
Send a message via AIM to General Guy Send a message via MSN to General Guy Send a message via Skype™ to General Guy
You had already mentioned it was a Saturn in your third attempt.
Old 02-25-2010, 02:15 PM   #3
DarkLegacy
Points: 1,868, Level: 25 Points: 1,868, Level: 25 Points: 1,868, Level: 25
User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance User owns 1x Cucoo User owns 1x Green Shell User owns 1x Poke Doll User owns 1x Z-Saber User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Shuriken
User owns 1x Triforce

My Mood: Brooding
DarkLegacy is just really niceDarkLegacy is just really niceDarkLegacy is just really niceDarkLegacy is just really nice

Awards Showcase
Royalty Signature of the Month Poster NFF 1st Annual Award 
Total Awards: 4

PSN ID: Jordeh59
Congratz!

Tag by me
Old 02-25-2010, 02:21 PM   #4
Cam3ron36@NFF
NHL Fanatic
Points: 31,751, Level: 100 Points: 31,751, Level: 100 Points: 31,751, Level: 100
User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 3x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Bullet Bill User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Fighter

My Mood: Gaming
Cam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award Royalty Monster Poster Review of the Month Review of the Month Poster Game Reviewer 
Total Awards: 8

Send a message via Skype™ to Cam3ron36@NFF Xbox Live Gamertag: cam3ron36
I was guessing, it was six when I actually looked back.