Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Member Game Reviews > Nintendo Wii Reviews

Notices

Nintendo Wii Reviews Section for all Nintendo Wii Game Reviews and Wiiware Reviews

Comment

Review Tools
Dokapon Kingdom
Dokapon Kingdom
Mario Party just got served.
Published by SuperGamecube64
03-05-2010
Author review
Graphics
70%70%70%
Storyline
60%60%60%
Controls/Gameplay
95%95%95%
Sound
75%75%75%
Average 75%
Dokapon Kingdom

Dokapon kingdom was imported by Atlus, and is available for both the wii and PS2. This is my favorite party game ever next o Super Smash Bros. (shut up, Smash Bros IS party fighter, and I don't want to hear your annoying opinion on why it isn't.). Dokapon Kingdom is what happens when Mario Party knocks up final Fantasy, and then their offspring knocks up a monopoly board. Sound weird? good.

Graphics
To sum up the graphics in one word -"meh". they work, and are very cute and chibi, but they are still outdated, and it sitll just looks like a PS2 game, even on the wii. Honestly, the graphcis in this game don't matter for anything, though.

4 characters from the game.

Storyline
If there is any real story line here, I have certainly missed it. Basically, you're a mercenary who slays monsters/assassins to set towns free, or do quests for NPCs in hopes of money and items.

Controls
This game doesn't use motion controls, and there are multiple control options. i ussually just use my Gamecube controller, but you can also use a wiimote or classic controller. the control stick/d-pad moves cursors and the other buttons pick stuff. not very complicated.

Gameplay
I have never had a crack addiction, but if I did, it would probably be similar to my Dokapon kingdom addiction. this game is amazingly addictive, and you can literally play for hours without knowing it....if you have friends to play with that is...the game works like a board game, and like Mario Party, it isn't very engaging when you play alone. At the start of the game, each player gets to make a character and pick their class. You will only be able to pick from warrior, theif and mage, but as you level up, new classes, like cleric or monk will become available. Landing on the various spaces csnan have many effects. sometimes, you may get free weapons or items, other times, a bit of gold. Most blank spaces take you into a battle with a monster, however. like all RPGs, you have stats that effect what you are good at, what you suck at and what your weakness is. You use a button to pick between "attack", "strike" or "Magic". the defending side picks between "defend", "magic defend" or "counter". Strike attack can elad you to victory quickly....if they are not coutnered, that is..... the rest is pretty self explanatory. defend lessens attack damage, etc, etc.

a portion of the EXTREMELY large game board. a typical game will take you at least a week(real life) to complete.

battle animation.

when the King has not issued any quests to advance the game, your goal is to beat a boss monset. There are several boss monsters(clearly markes with a purple demon) on the board, but one will be larger than others and is the true boss. defeating the other bosses will earn you towns. lik Monopoly, more towns means more money. You can raise taxes in your towns and colelct more from it's citizens. but be careful, if you die, you lose all your owned towns, and must reclaim them once again.

Speaking of dying, you can fight the other players! Upon defeeating a human player you can steall all their money, or steal from their inventory. Don't see anything you want? that's ok! Rename their character whateveer you want, or give them the "poo" hairdo!

In last place? Such a low level other players defeat you with a glance? Fall too far behind, and you can switch over to the dark side, and become a Darkling! you get a darkling sword(a.k.a. sword of Uber Pwnage), Darkling Shield (a.k.a. shield of Uber Pwnage) and a stat boost that is....well, freakin' ridiculous. All other players are now at YOUR mercy! For 2 weeks(game time), you can mvoe across the board with blazing speeds, planting seeds of destruction wherever you roam! Hire assassins to kill players! take over their towns with monsters! Kill them in 1 kit, cus they can't even TOUCH you while you're like this. It isn't called "The Friendshsip Destroying Game" for nothing!

Sound
Sound isn't bad, but it's nothing worth talking much about. The voiceovers are TERRIBLE. As hilarious as it is to see your avatar do a backflip and yell "I'm sooooo cool!" the first time, ti quickly wears out it's welcome. most characters just have really annoying, crappy voiceovers. music is for the most part uplifting and upbeat.

Overall
If you have freinds, and a wii(or ps2), you must buy this game. Then you msut invite all of them over, play for days, and then not talk to that 1 guy for a month, because he became a darkling and totally owned you in 2 seconds. One of the best multiplayer games for wii.
Published by
Futtbuck Bro no.1
SuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via MSN to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Yahoo to SuperGamecube64
Sponsored Links
By AlloftheAbove on 03-06-2010, 01:46 AM
I've never even heard of this game. Might rent it, though.
By SuperGamecube64 on 03-06-2010, 04:06 PM
Member reviews
Graphics
70%70%70%
Storyline
60%60%60%
Controls/Gameplay
95%95%95%
Sound
75%75%75%
Average 75%
Yeah, it's not a very well known game...and you may as well but it, it's only 20 bucks(less than that used). If you have friends to play with it's awesome, but playing against the computer is boring.
Comment