Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > Sony PlayStation

Notices

Sony PlayStation Post anything relating to Sony PlayStation here.

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 01:44 AM   #1
Cam3ron36@NFF
NHL Fanatic
Points: 32,001, Level: 100 Points: 32,001, Level: 100 Points: 32,001, Level: 100
User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 3x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Bullet Bill User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Fighter

My Mood: Gaming
Cam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award Royalty Monster Poster Review of the Month Review of the Month Poster Game Reviewer 
Total Awards: 8

Send a message via Skype™ to Cam3ron36@NFF Xbox Live Gamertag: cam3ron36
PSP questions...

Yeah, was at Zellers today, and I've had this PSP that I haven't used in the 2 years that I've had it. I think most know my stance on Sony, but I saw the bargain bin at Zellers and was amazed to see actual good games in it for once. There was an ATV game, which I loved those games, and Castlevania 2 in 1 type of game each for 15 bucks. I thought, what the hell? Why not? I bring them home and realise one complication. I just remembered that I may not have a memory card. So this is where my first complication, a PSP memory card is just an SD card, or a Micro SD card, right?

More complications, it was my brothers PSP, he went to jail, so I inherited it for the whole 2 year F-fest of court dates and actual time he served. In a seperate topic if you want to read about that, no he's not a bad person, he had Manic-Depression. Read here if you want (thread EXTREMELY old, don't reply to it, it's over with). So, he's out now, he lived with us for a bit, moved out yada-yada-yada. First trip we made down there, we had to bring down the millions of different items that he had forgotten... Turns out, now I come home, and he had decided to bring the one thing that he said he didn't want years ago, the PSP. So I talked to him today, my dad is down at his place for my Great-uncles funeral (no, I didn't know the guy well. But it's my dads uncle). My brother decides that he'll lend it to me. So now I'm roped into buying a PSP just so I can play some of the games on it, not bad since I can probably get a refurbished used one for 60$... But still, is there any other benefits to buying a PSP? I mean, I've heard it can emulate N64 and stuff, which would rock (I need Mario Party). But, I have to get one since I can't return the games... Sotn was featured in the castlevania that I bought and beef convinced me a while ago that Sotn is great... Elle and marv probably know the most on this...
Old 03-06-2010, 01:53 AM   #2
Brandyn
The Gentleman
Points: 60,121, Level: 100 Points: 60,121, Level: 100 Points: 60,121, Level: 100
User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 2x SNES Controller User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Four Sword
User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 1x Fire Element

Brandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
NFF Ice Bucket Challenge NFF Annual Awards Brawl AM First Time Award Mufasa Yoshi NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month 
Total Awards: 16

Send a message via AIM to Brandyn Send a message via Yahoo to Brandyn Send a message via Skype™ to Brandyn 3DS Friend Code: 0147-1346-8804 PSN ID: Brandyn_Johnson WiiU ID: brandyn1994
It depends on what you are into. But generally it does have many great games, contrary to popular belief; you just have to find them with some research in many cases.

Yes, SotN is great, one of the best games of all time.

I also highly recommend:

Wipeout Pulse (it's basically a clone of F-Zero but with weapons)
Wipeout Pure
Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters
Daxter
Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier
Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles (which is what you found, Rondo of Blood is also great, and it comes with the original Rondo of Blood as well, so it's three games in one.)
PaRappa the Rapper
Final Fantasy I and II Compilation
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops
Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
God of War: Chains of Olympus
Street Fighter
I would even venture to say Sonic Rivals, but maybe that's just me.

and there is so much more. In addition to those games, there is the PlayStation Network where you can download some great PS1 classics. To be honest, I prefer my PSP to my DS Lite.

Old 03-06-2010, 02:17 AM   #3
Cam3ron36@NFF
NHL Fanatic
Points: 32,001, Level: 100 Points: 32,001, Level: 100 Points: 32,001, Level: 100
User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 3x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Bullet Bill User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Fighter

Cam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award Royalty Monster Poster Review of the Month Review of the Month Poster Game Reviewer 

Quote:
so it's three games in one.)
Four apparently, re-touched Sotn & Rondo of blood, plus the originals of each.

Quote:
Wipeout Pulse (it's basically a clone of F-Zero but with weapons)
I know what wipeout is, it dates way back to the like Saturn & PS1.

Quote:
To be honest, I prefer my PSP to my DS Lite.
To be honest, I'm not really liking the idea of buying new consoles, they keep getting worse & worse. Castlevania is side scrolling, and I'm so tired of hearing how excellent it is, that I gave in. Plus, ATV is still fun. So I won't be getting many PSP games really, I hate sony so much that I don't like to buy their products really, so I get used games if anything No, but seriously. Newer games just don't cut it, I never use my 360, I thought I'd give one more console a shot in the 360, and wound up never playing any of the 5 or 6 games that I bought. i want to learn about this PSP emulation stuff, and there will be the odd game that I buy, if it's 3D, it will probably be a racing game. Also yes, Playing games with a pen sucks!
Old 03-06-2010, 02:23 AM   #4
Brandyn
The Gentleman
Points: 60,121, Level: 100 Points: 60,121, Level: 100 Points: 60,121, Level: 100
User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 2x SNES Controller User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Four Sword

Brandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
NFF Ice Bucket Challenge NFF Annual Awards Brawl AM First Time Award Mufasa Yoshi NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month 

Send a message via AIM to Brandyn Send a message via Yahoo to Brandyn Send a message via Skype™ to Brandyn 3DS Friend Code: 0147-1346-8804 PSN ID: Brandyn_Johnson WiiU ID: brandyn1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam3ronNFF View Post
Also yes, Playing games with a pen sucks!
Sometimes it is fun. But most of the games use the Touch Screen in a way that feels extremely gimmicky.

Old 03-06-2010, 03:05 AM   #5
Cam3ron36@NFF
NHL Fanatic

Awards Showcase

I hated the DK racing DS stylus boost for the plane & Car. It was still a good game despite that, and losing styluses... >:-(
Old 03-06-2010, 03:27 PM   #6
Brandyn
The Gentleman

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam3ronNFF View Post
I hated the DK racing DS stylus boost for the plane & Car. It was still a good game despite that, and losing styluses... >:-(
I do, too. That's a good example of forcing the Touch Screen down your throat. Also DKR DS's voice acting was terrible and they replaced the music on some tracks and gave it worse music, like on Space Port Alpha.

Same thing sort of goes for the remastered Symphony of the Night that comes with the Dracula X Chronicles. They redubbed the voices and it doesn't have that cheesy charm of the original SotN. The "real" SotN is on the PlayStation Network, though.

Old 03-06-2010, 04:42 PM   #7
Cam3ron36@NFF
NHL Fanatic

Awards Showcase

Okay, got the PSP, great SD cards are just barely too big for the PSP... UGH! Anyways, I guess I'll just play ATV for now and I've got to say, the graphics are amazing, but the control stick sucks.
Old 03-06-2010, 10:42 PM   #8
Megas75
A Festive Philistine
Points: 24,456, Level: 95 Points: 24,456, Level: 95 Points: 24,456, Level: 95
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 3x SNES Controller User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Poke Doll User owns 2x Chao
User owns 1x Black Mage User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Heart Tank

My Mood: Twisted
Megas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Monster Poster Profile of the Month Award News Reporter Welcome Wagon Royalty Poster 
Total Awards: 7

WiiU ID: Megas75
I highly recommend Megaman Maverick Hunter X, Megaman Powered Up, Street Fighter Alpha 3, and all the games KG listed

Also, just as a thought , if you can find Tales of Eternia(The Pal verson) I also recommend it
Old 03-06-2010, 10:51 PM   #9
AlloftheAbove
Points: 24,851, Level: 95 Points: 24,851, Level: 95 Points: 24,851, Level: 95
User owns 1x Purple Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Yellow Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Red Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Light Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Grey Chaos Emerald

AlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Review of the Month NFF Ice Bucket Challenge Review of the Month Review of the Month Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award NFF Referrer 
Total Awards: 40

3DS Friend Code: 4382-1995-8800 PSN ID: RaptorWaffles Xbox Live Gamertag: RaptorWaffles WiiU ID: AlloftheAbove
I haven't played my PSP since 2007.
I don't really have much reason to. There aren't any games I want, and I can't find the charger.
Old 03-06-2010, 11:23 PM   #10
Cam3ron36@NFF
NHL Fanatic

Awards Showcase

Side scrollers are what I'll probably get. I plan to get the other ATV game... ATV Pro I believe? But Damn, I need a memory card. Castlevania is great, sadly. It's the first castlevania game that I've played, but it's awesome so far, even if I can't save. I like it a lot. the ATV game is epic too, I was dissapointed that there was no map maker like in ATV 4 on PS2, along with other modes missing, specifically one mode. But, what this ATV game has to offer is a make your own way point mode. You just choose from different areas and set up gates that you have to go to to make a lap over a giant stretch of land.

How common are memory cards guys? How much would a cheapo one run me?