Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Creative Corner > Profiles and Blogs

Notices

Profiles and Blogs Blogs and Profiles written by our members, telling about themselves.

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 09:06 PM   #1
Cam3ron36@NFF
NHL Fanatic
Points: 31,751, Level: 100 Points: 31,751, Level: 100 Points: 31,751, Level: 100
User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 3x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Bullet Bill User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Fighter

My Mood: Gaming
Cam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award Royalty Monster Poster Review of the Month Review of the Month Poster Game Reviewer 
Total Awards: 8

Send a message via Skype™ to Cam3ron36@NFF Xbox Live Gamertag: cam3ron36
Post Cam's Blog About Games

Thought this would be a fun thing to do since I would rant on Gamespot years ago about random series and complain or praise it, whatever. I will segment certain things here, sort of like a mini review, except quite different. Whatever is fresh on my mind.
First Segment:
BattleFront Games
Okay, so lately I've been playing a lot of PSP, since it's the only console that I really have right now to play. So I've boughten 4 games lately: Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles, ATV Blazin Trails, BattleFront: RS & Battlefront II. While I've enjoyed every game I had just boughten Battlefront II today. You know, I was at my game stop the other day when I saw Battlefront II there. I had the choice between getting 2 $9.99 games, or one $19.99 game. I bought some AVP game that didn't work for 9.99 along with Battefront: Renegade Squadron. I had been fighting myself between the two, I had previously owned both original Battlefront games before, but I thought I'd give this new Renegade Squadron a try.
I take it home, turns out it's excellent, I mean. For a shooter game on PSP, I wasn't expecting much, but it's sort of like the old shootes since you only have one control stick. You can't aim up and down, that's not to say that there isn't vertical platforms and land scapes no. You get this auto lock-on feature to lock onto enemies in the same vertical area so that you can hold "R" to lock on to enemies. This is incredibly helpful, especially if you're running into a big area of enemies you can just Hold "R" and shoot everyone in succesion. It is incredibly well done and the rest of the controls are good too. I won't get too much into that, but it is just PERFECT. I love it.
Another thing I find that is awesome is customizable weapons and abillities, etc. Whenever you're near a command post, you can change all of your weapons around to whatever you want as long as each weapon and item stays within the abillity limit of 100. Each weapon or item/abillity has a certain number on them on how much of your points it takes up. It's awesome, big improvement on what I remember where you get a choice between different characters and you just have to live with how they are. It's also plentiful in levels.
Jump to battlefront II today, I was shocked to see that out of all the control presets, all of them used the same stupid controls where they aren't very well placed, the worst part is that you don't get the lock on technology. You have to hold "R" to look around meaning the control stick in this function won't let you move around. I'm aware that Battlefront II was made first, and it was the first in the series. But controls are everything, especially in a FPS/TPS game. It's not to say the game isn't still good, but on a first out look. I prefer Renegade Squadron by a long shot. I won't mention anything else about the games since they are the same in the gameplay and story mode, whatever. Just different stories/levels to it. I am just amazed at how the testers found these controls okay when they played it. Still not bad, but I am ticked by that sort of.
Old 03-12-2010, 03:57 AM   #2
Rin
Nintendo King/Queen
Points: 39,442, Level: 100 Points: 39,442, Level: 100 Points: 39,442, Level: 100

Rin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant future

Awards Showcase
Royalty NFF 3rd Annual Award Level 100 Award Member of the Month Monster Poster Yoshi Poster 
Total Awards: 7

I have but this to say

LSAKJDFKASJDFAJSDF

All kidding aside, that's a decent read. Make more.
Old 03-12-2010, 11:29 AM   #3
Cam3ron36@NFF
NHL Fanatic
Points: 31,751, Level: 100 Points: 31,751, Level: 100 Points: 31,751, Level: 100
User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 3x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Bullet Bill User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Fighter

Cam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award Royalty Monster Poster Review of the Month Review of the Month Poster Game Reviewer 

I have lots to rant about, I might be making one today.
Old 03-16-2010, 08:04 PM   #4
Cam3ron36@NFF
NHL Fanatic

Awards Showcase

Good Games gone... Unknown?

Good Games Gone... Unknown...?
So, there seems to be a common occurence to me and my gaming tastes. There is many games that I love and find excellent, that simply are unknown to everyone else. My favourite 2 consoles are the N64 and the SNES. Let's just see here, Tell me if you've actually played any of these on an actual console:

SOS -Snes
Super EDF - Snes
Top Gear 3000 - Snes
Sim Ant - Snes
Theme Park - All consoles pretty much
San Francisco Rush - N64
Rush II - N64
Jurassic Park II - Snes

Just to name a few, these are all classic to me. Yet I bet many of you haven't played half of these games, why? It's like popular companies get the favourtism then. I can understand Top Gear 3000, it was made near the time of the N64 and was the third in it's series. But still, it far exceeded its predecessors and is my all-time favourite Snes game. I've talked about that in a review, so I don't need to say more. I realise that I've also reviewed most of these, but that is because I enjoyed them enough to do so. So why so people not buy these? I'll probably seem like an idot for even making this but I'd just like to rant about it. The answers are fairly simple if you think hard enough about it. So, I just can't put my finger on it, I realise that reviews and gamespot did not really exist in the snes days, at least people didn't really use their computer for that type of thing. I'm just speculating on that and going off second hand info because I was not old enough to remember the Snes being the in-dated console in my time. You know my story, whatever, I had all my consoles late and enjoyed the older ones since the market wound up sucking. long story short.

Jump to N64, computer sites and what not are around. People used them more, again they pay attention to the popular companies and series'. Plus, ps1 was the big friggin ubsession for some reason. "Ooh, it's discs!" discs suck people. Anyways, I guess people don't have time to visit every title, they don't really care for racing or buisness, real-time strategy games, etc. It's where the whole shooter ubsession started to begin. I can come hand-in-hand with reasons for this and I do think this rant is going nowhere. I'm having second thoughts about even posting this. I just would like to shed some light on this since it's a big issue. There is rare titles nowadays that people haven't even heard of (unless it's from me, lol). Even bad games are more well-known than these treasures, it's weird, but I again have a reason for this. Most of those bad names you know of... Hmm, Superman, Superman 64, Dr. Jekyll & Mr hyde, friday the 13th, back to the future, Terminators, Looney toones games (most of them). Notice a trend? All games off movies, shows, books, etc. It's a no wonder their well known, and this is just a marketing ploy that sickens me today. sucking little kids in with games off their favourite movies and shows, it still happens! But today, it's worse since most of the games off cartoons and movies worked back in the side-scrolling days, Lion King on Snes & Genesis, Toy Story, Batman & robin, Batman, etc. Those games are all excellent! Today, no. They all suck so hard, and kids still buy them because they like the movie or show. Lame, that is why all of the bad movie-show games are well-known and hated. More well known than these classics that I mentioned waaaay above in my post. This is dragging on now and I am probably getting boring. So I'll stop this rant here with a video of some of the games that I listed:

Just a few more comments, Sos video and Top Gear 3000 video were my own. You might be thing wait... Jurassic Park 2 is a movie game, well yeah, this one kind of has a different theory of mine. The original overhead one on Snes sucked hard that people didn't bother with JP 2, the cases even looked very similar from a distance. But they tried something different this time. Look like contra? Yeah, although it's better!

Cases:

People wouldn't even bother with looking at the sequel if they noticed. I swear I saw like a full bin of the original game on snes at the pawn shop.

Take note that SOS, top gear 3000 and super EDF all have great music.
Old 03-17-2010, 03:28 PM   #5
Mario
Just Chillaxin
Points: 52,392, Level: 100 Points: 52,392, Level: 100 Points: 52,392, Level: 100
User owns 1x Blue Shell User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Links Shield User owns 1x Gold Coin
User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Red Pikmin

Mario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF's 4th Annual Award Monster Poster NFF Old Man Award NFF 3rd Annual Award Royalty Level 100 Award Mufasa NFF 1st Annual Award 
Total Awards: 9

3DS Friend Code: 4450-2343-3333 WiiU ID: test123
The PS1 obsession was you could mod your PS1 easily and just copy the games. I had a few hundred by the time I was finished with my ps1. I agree the N64 was kick ass in its day.

Started from the bottom, now we're here.
Old 04-14-2010, 10:37 PM   #6
Cam3ron36@NFF
NHL Fanatic

Awards Showcase

DS, DS, DS, DS! OMG! How many models? why do the chargers change

DS, DS, DS, DS! OMG! How many models? why do the chargers change?:

Please note that this is strictly my opinion and I don't intend to tick anyone off or come off as a jerk

This is just something that needs to be said and it's been said a million times. We have a DS, cool. I was so stoked to get it having bought a GBA just a year or two ago it seemed like a dream to have another console coming out to re-release some of my N64 favourites on the go! So much for that, if only I knew that all I'd get is Sm64 and Diddy Kong Racing.
I buy my DS and I swear only two days later the DS lite came out with a new mario game packed in (at least where I live). I was so ticked, I had been screwed but I guess it's my fault for not hearing of the new model. I had hailed nintendo though for having a shared charger between the GBA and the DS since that meaned that I had 2 in cade I lost one. Such a nice feature but what happens? My brother pawns my GBA and I leave my other charger at my lake over summer so I don't get it back fora year. So not wanting that I go to wal-mart as well as many, many other stores in search of a charger and that all sounds sinmple, right? Think again since nintendo had to be terrible jerks in their planning and marketing to make more money. Just one of these prime examples is this, the charger. Nintendo "outdated" my DS original accesories so once the Ds lite came out, Bam! No more DS original chargers so instead they have to make a new charger for their DS lite that won't be compatible with the original and you'd think there would be a 3rd party that still manufactured origianl DS chargers but oh no! That isn't allowed, nintendo is sorry but go blow another 200 bucks on a DS lite! Yippy-kai-ai for nintendo! Is there any reason to change the charger? No, so why in the name of everything that is right did they change it? Marketing, they want me to be screwed obviously.
I'm serious that they had this planned out so that people that bought the original DS had to buy the newer version because it is not the only flaw that lies in the charger. Let's look at that stupid second touch-screen. Now most of you probably bought your DSes later and got one fo the later 6-thousand models so your touch screen is fine. Unfortanately for original DS owners the touch screen gets destroyed every time you touch it. Right now, there is an oval of white in the middle of my screen and this is no littel oval it probably takes up a third of the screen so I obviously can't play Ds games now at least in sunlight or other light-sources. That is extremely lame! Maybe it was a mistake but if they had testors for the original DS they could've noted that the screen already had 50 scratches on it by the first day but no! They release it anyways only to release a newer model the next year, and a newer model the next, so on and so forth. Why do they need so many models? It's ridiculous since now if I want a new DS to play my GBA games I can't since they took away the GBA function on the newest 3 models... Ahem... Soon to be 4 models...

Look at that! Look at that! The fourth version of the DS now has yet another different type of pen! I am astonished! I've got to tell you I only got 2 styluses with my original Ds and after a bunch of time riding it bags and whatnot they were lost. I don't really need to explain how I went to the stores to find replacement pens only to find that my Ds pen/stluses were out-dated and only DS lite ones existed. Why keep changing the neccesary accesories? Why? I'm sorry if I keep running my mouth on a popular console but surely you all agree that it's not fair to keep changing the neccsary accesories on everyone? A prime example is making a DSi to outdate the DS lite because it has a camera and a shop or whatever, yet it has no GBA slot so it's not like you can just trade your DS lite in for a DSi because you lose the GBA function. Why could the shop and that not just be added in an update? A lot of consoles these days do that sort of crap in updates. What about the camera? I don't know, it would have seemed more fair to me to release a seperate camera accesory that plugs into the DS slot or GBA slot. There is really no excuse for this! None whatsoever it is obvious that they just want you to get the new consoles which is fair but normally each console lasts at least 5 years in the market. Not a year, and look. Almost 3 DS models have been made in the last year alone. I can make a perfect comparison to what this reminds me of too!

DS original = Genesis
DS lite = Genesis model 2/model 3
DSi = Sega CD
DSi LL = Sega CDX
DSi XL = Sega 32X
3DS = nothing

Even nintendo outruns the genesis thing which sucked. I'm not saying each of those console is like the one stated but at least the genesis was add-ons... Kind of like the free equivelent to an update today... Unfortunatley those add-ons weren't free and it's har trying to make that kind of comparison since they are different scenarios since the Genesis thing wasn't peripheral based and didn't screw you over if you had the older models. I'm fed up here, my nintendo line ends here unfortunately. Don't outdate my console a couple of days after I buy it or my "version" of the console a year after it's released.

I'm sorry if I offend anyone and keep in mind there is rare third-parties for chargers but nintendo shouldn't end production on there own console unless it's at least been 5 years. This is different again though, it is about them deliberately changing the NEEDED accesories for the updated version. Bottom-line "POOR MARKETING". Unfortunately I'm not buying any more of nintendos consoles. Sorry if that offends anyone.

(in case your wondering I bought ten DS lite styluses and lost 9 of them since they wouldn't fit in my Ds original).

Brought to you by Cam3ron36
Old 04-15-2010, 12:57 AM   #7
da Beef
Banned

da Beef will become famous soon enoughda Beef will become famous soon enough

Awards Showcase
Poster 
Total Awards: 1

you really dont know what youre talking about. how about checking Nintendo's store before wal-mart next time?

http://store.nintendo.com/webapp/wcs...encyPreference
Old 04-15-2010, 01:00 AM   #8
Cam3ron36@NFF
NHL Fanatic

Awards Showcase

Can't internet shop, thought that was a point I brought up that many people can't internet shop. Also it says refurbished meaning used...

Ediy: My point still stays valid, why change the charger or the styluses... Just an inconvenience :-\
Old 04-15-2010, 01:03 AM   #9
da Beef
Banned

da Beef will become famous soon enoughda Beef will become famous soon enough

Awards Showcase
Poster 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam3ronNFF View Post
Can't internet shop, thought that was a point I brought up that many people can't internet shop. Also it says refurbished meaning used...

then go to gamestop and buy an off brand universal charger that works on all DS models. none of your problems are Nintendo's fault. grow up
Old 04-15-2010, 01:12 AM   #10
Cam3ron36@NFF
NHL Fanatic

Awards Showcase

why do they keep changing the charger types then? They could just use the same one since it's the same console being made over again and again. Besides, there is many other flaws they've put into the DS. It's just a scrambled mess of consoles that make no sense on how they followed along. Guess I can't really blame them though since the approach they use makes mjre money but is an annoying inconvenience. /non-sarcasm.