Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Member Game Reviews > Other Reviews

Notices

Other Reviews Playstation, Xbox, PC, or any other console game Review. Also console reviews too

Comment

Review Tools
Mass Effect 2(Xbox 360)
Mass Effect 2(Xbox 360)
Shepard is now a ZOMBIE!
Published by SirManguydude
03-28-2010
Author review
GraphicsN/A
StorylineN/A
Controls/GameplayN/A
SoundN/A
Average N/A%
Mass Effect 2(Xbox 360)

Review by SMGD

Storyline: 10/10
Mass Effect 2 begins in 2183, shortly after Mass Effect. On patrol to locate and destroy any remaining Geth, the Normandy and its commanding officer, Commander Shepard, are attacked. The crew is forced to evacuate. Joker, the Helmsman, continues piloting the ship and is rescued by Shepard. Before Shepard can board the escape pod, Shepard is sent flying and debris slices through his/her suit as the Normandy is attacked again. Shepard dies from asphyxiation and his/her body enters a nearby Planet's atmosphere. You will return to this planet via DLC, which is for free with the special Cerberus Network card you get when you buy the game new.

The Illusive Man, voiced by Martin Sheen!

Don't worry lads and lasses, Shepard will be back, as his body is recovered by the Pro-human syndicate Cerberus. They then revive him as part of the Lazarus(Yes a bible reference) Project, which takes two years. This allows you to change Shepard's gender, face, and class, whether this is a new character, or one you imported from the first Mass Effect.

The storyline is absolutely superb, especially if you imported your Shepard from Mass Effect. All your decisions from the first Mass Effect will show up in Mass Effect 2, some even coming to bite you in the rectum. Also events from ME1 and 2 will effect ME3 which has all ready been announced and worked on.

Shepard using a Biotic Ability to decimate an enemy.

I felt compelled, and worried for my entire squad, as the last mission isn't called a Suicide Mission for nothing. You will begin to feel this way as well if you start up this game.
Graphics: 10/10
All I can say is Mass Effect 2 with HDMI is like my (slightly inappropriate so spoiler here, only proceed if you are mature)
Spoiler
All my wet dreams come true
. Some of PS3's best graphical titles have trouble staying above this one, so suck on that one Blu-ray.

Thane, on the left, a drell and Grunt, a Krogan superwarrior.

Controls/Gameplay: 9.75/10
The controls are quite fluid and the Gameplay is hours upon hours of entertainment. The storyline helps keep you glued to your seat, and there is more then enough miniquests to keep you busy for days on end. My one gripe is the slowness of scanning the planets, even with the upgrade, it is still atrociously slow.
Sound: 10/10

This game pulls out another B-E-A-Utiful soundtrack, with well orchestrated tracks, that fit the scene. Some sounding quite frantic, as you worry about being swarmed by collectors, some sounding Triumphant, as you finish a difficult section. The soundtrack really rewards you for your actions.

The Normandy SR2, a vastly improved version of the destroyed Normandy SR1.

Pros

• Decisions, will create real effects on what will happen later, such as loyalties, and events that will happen in Mass Effect 3. Also it can effect the lives of your teammates.
  • The storyline is emotional and compelling, keeping you glued to your chair.
  • Cerberus Network makes all DLC free(so far anyway).
  • Vastly improved everything from the first game, and rid us of Mako and elevator sequences, though supposedly the next DLC will have a Mako like sequence with a different vehicle.
Cons
  • Scanning is too slow
  • I got in trouble 8 times while playing this game by saying "Yes I will do it, just let me get to a good stopping point", then finally doing what was asked of me, an hour later.
  • You have to buy it new for Cerberus Network, which if you buy it used, it will probably cost you more then buying the game new.

Score: 9.94/10!
Published by
LoZ Expert
SirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond repute
Sponsored Links
Comment