Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Member Game Reviews > Nintendo Wii Reviews

Notices

Nintendo Wii Reviews Section for all Nintendo Wii Game Reviews and Wiiware Reviews

Comment

Review Tools
Little King's Story
Little King's Story
Size doesn't matter
Published by SuperGamecube64
03-31-2010
Author review
Graphics
70%70%70%
Storyline
70%70%70%
Controls/Gameplay
85%85%85%
Sound
85%85%85%
Average 78%
Little King's Story

When i first saw screens of little King's Story before it was released, I thought it was a cool concept, but wondered if they'd pull it off the right way. It borrows elements from two established franchises well loved by many. you will almost instantly notice the influence of the Pikmin series as well as the Harvest Moon series of games. Does it compare to either of these popular franchises?

Graphics

This game is, for lack of a better word, "cute". everything is tiny and has a big head(chibi) and everything is so full of vibrant, lively colors. Character models are pretty smooth and well rendered, but the game still doesn't take advantage of the wii's capabilities to it's fullest and that's what bothers me about so many wii games. The Wii, while not capable of jaw dropping high resolution graphics like the PS3 or 360 is still capable of some rather splendid visuals. It seems like Nintendo is the only one who knows how to properly utilize their machine.

Storyline

A young boy is wandering around playing one day, when he stumbles upon a crown and places it upon his head. This boy, named Corobo by default, soon becomes realized as the true king of the land. Howser the Bull Knight is ecstatic, as he has been searching his whole life for the king. From this point, your mission is to build your castle, town and amount of land owned to the greatest amount possible.

da Beef, what did we tell you about sicking your cow army on people?

Controls

Little King's story doesn't use any motion controls at all. you may have expected controls like Pikmin's, flicking your controller to throw your minions about, but that is not so, as instead, you simply send your minions out. They are people, and citizens of your city after all. Pressing the Z button will let you highlight specific enemies or objects. Pressing A will send a party member to the enemy or object. It's still a lot like Pikmin's controls in a way.

Gameplay

LKS is an RTS at heart. you take your minions out and kill, pillage and collect. At first, only 5 minions can follow you at a time, but this changes as you advance further into the game. as you become richer, you can afford more expensive structures. Most structures produce unit types. it isn't as simple as just spending resources to generate a unit, however. you must make your village abundant and wealthy so it will prosper. You order your regular townsfolk to become builders, soldiers, etc. One thing I really like is that every villager, or solider, or unit has a name that appears over them. It makes each unit feel unique(and most look unique as well) and organic. it can be quie funny, as many villagers had my freind's names, and one even had my own.

Its a little known fact that dragons bleed glitter.

Sound

The voice overs in this game are just giberish, and it can be sort of annoying, but you get used to it. As for the music, most of it is children's songs such as "Mary Had a Little Lamb" or "London Bridge" played in a cute, childish manor, ussually with a flute, or piano or something. It sounds tupid and annoying, but it's actually quite soothing and suits the game

Overall

Little King's Story is a fun game to pass some time with, and with a $30 price tag, it's a great option if you're looking to save. If you like Pikmin, or Harvest Moon you should deffnately give this a chance.
Published by
Futtbuck Bro no.1
SuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via MSN to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Yahoo to SuperGamecube64
Sponsored Links
By da Beef on 03-31-2010, 08:44 PM
probably your most competent review yet
By SuperGamecube64 on 03-31-2010, 08:47 PM
Member reviews
Graphics
70%70%70%
Storyline
70%70%70%
Controls/Gameplay
85%85%85%
Sound
85%85%85%
Average 78%
really now? I'm quite glad to ehar that.
By AlloftheAbove on 04-15-2010, 02:37 AM
Cheesy joke under the first screenshot killed it for me.

You say the music is stupid and annoying, but suits the game. Are you saying that the game is stupid and annoying?
Comment