Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Creative Corner > Stories and Creative Writing

Notices

Stories and Creative Writing Show off all your Creative Writing and Stories.

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2010, 05:44 PM   #1
SirManguydude
LoZ Expert
Points: 11,073, Level: 69 Points: 11,073, Level: 69 Points: 11,073, Level: 69
User owns 1x Gold Coin User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Earth Element User owns 1x Mirror Shield User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Fire Element User owns 1x Master Sword
User owns 1x Heart Tank User owns 1x Z-Saber User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Black Belt

My Mood: Lonely
SirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award NFF 3rd Annual Award Royalty Super Member Good Grammar Award Yoshi Signature of the Month Banner of the Month 
Total Awards: 12

S(t)otM March Voting

S(t)otM March Voting!

Rules
1) Do not vote for yourself.
2) Vote for which you like the most, don't let the participants persuade you.
3) May the best story win!

Phil's Entry
Spoiler
In a time before time, in a world before worlds, there was a man before men. This man called himself Bin. Bin saw the land around him was barren and desolate except for a single tree growing from the soil. Bin called this tree Raterran. The sapling was thin and appeared fragile. It swayed in a newly formed breeze that swept across the land. Bin looked to the skies. High above soared a mighty bird. Dressed in ice blue and snow white plumage and a long cobalt tail streaming behind, the majestic creature circled over Bin and his tree. Bin called this bird Risengan. Bin noticed that Raterran slumped toward him a little. He reached out to the plant and gently lifted one of its leaves; Raterran shuddered. Bin recognized that the tree was weak. Henceforth, he called forth rain from the mighty bird above. Risengan gazed at Bin with an agreeing eye and cawed a caw that echoed through the heavens; and it rained.

The heavy downpour came crashing to the earth in plenty; and Raterran grew. Bin watched as the sapling increased in size and sprouted a plethora of broad leaves. From Raterran's leaves Bin attained shelter from the rain, and from her bark末now thick and strong末materials to build a boat. Bin detached a platform on which he sat, floating above the newly formed sea of rainwater. The water level rose, and Raterran grew, becoming an island of leaves in the vast new world. Above, Risengan let out a second caw, much louder than the first. The rain slowed and the waters drained into Raterran's mighty roots. The rainwater depleted so much so that dry land had shown through once again, and Bin's bark platform came to rest atop the damp soil. Bin noticed that large bodies of water remained, surrounding him and the nearby tree. The dark rain clouds loomed, releasing a clap of thunder and flash of lightning extended down from the skies.

The clouds then parted and the sun shone through. A leaping flame of bright red and orange ignited in Raterran's branches. Bin saw the dancing fire and called it Excurdan. Bin grabbed his makeshift boat of bark and rowed into the remaining waters to escape Excurdan's burning wrath. From within these oceans of lingering rainwater swam a fish; Bin saw that this fish was three times the size of himself. The giant beast leapt from the sea, wrapped in countless silvery scales that shone bright, even under the gray, cloud-covered sky. Bin named this fish Levathan. He called forth Levathan to rescue Raterran. The fish dove out of sight, returning with a mighty splash, effectively repelling Excurdan from the burnt remains of Reterran. Bin held tight to his raft, observing the epic defeat of Excurdan. Bin washed up onto the shore and examined the ashes before him. Bin observed a nearby sprout emerging from the cinders.

Over the years, the sprout grew into a mighty tree; the mighty tree provided Bin with food, wood, and shelter; Bin built a home from wood; within his house, Bin created another person in his image; this person became Bin's wife, Bin saw this woman and called her Elna; together they had two sons and three daughters, who grew strong and tall; and Bin lived long and grew old. Bin died after a long and fulfilled life; Elna and her children burned Bin's remains in honor; and the smoke rose to the sky; and the ashes fell to the earth; and the tears ran to the sea.

When I Went Bad for a Day by Rai17
Spoiler
Okay, so I wake up to realize that around 6 a.m., the electricity at our house went out. It wasn稚 my turn to pay the light bill! It was 8 a.m., my sister went in to her school in 45 minutes, and I had to be at school in 25 minutes: I take 30-minute showers, and it takes about 15 minutes to get to school. In simple terms: I知 going to SWEEPS.
A thing you gotta know about SWEEPS: It痴 stupid. Some schools have detention. Nope, not ours. We get SWEEPS. It痴 when you have 5 minutes to get to your class, and when the final bell rings, you get sent to a class full of juvenile delinquents of every grade, and you either read an outdated article for about 50 minutes, or do homework. The worst part is that you suddenly get a record of being there. A CRIMINAL-LIKE RECORD! I知 not one to brag, but I知 on time 99.99% of the time. This is the story of the .01%...
So anyways, taking a shower in the dark, I realize that I have to hurry if I wanna get to my first hour on time (Which is AP Spanish, the class that wakes me up on a Monday morning), and if I want to eat a decent breakfast. I知 rushing everything, getting soap in my eyes, and trying to de everything x50 faster. Needless to say I failed epically. As I知 about done, I realize its 8:20, thinking I can make it if my brother books it down the freeway. Then I realize that my sister hasn稚 done her hair. I sink into the couch with my Gameboy
It痴 9:00, and my sister finally realizes that there痴 no power to power her iron, so she gives up and goes for the bow she puts on when all else fails. We hurry up to the car, and my brother asks if we want some McDonald痴 on the way. My sister yells at his a yes, and since I知 already late, we might as well, no?
Its 9:15 and we池e finally at my school! When I get there, I se the security guards patrolling the ground like savages. There痴 a leader to every pack: Her name痴 Petra, a Russian middle-aged woman that even seniors run away from when they ditch school. She痴 badass. Anyways, my brother drops me off without giving me an excusal slip, so I had obstacles: many. There are 2 secretaries, 2 principals, 6 security guards, 3 School-Resource police officers, and the final boss: Petra. My objective: not go to SWEEPS. I hate that place! I know that if I get caught, I lose privileges, and go to SWEEPS after school. I just had to dodge them 奏ill 9:35, when my next hour starts, right? It痴 gonna be tough.
Right when I go through the office, the sectaries go 添ou池e late. I say 鉄orry mam, I was helping my biology teacher with some ecosystem simulators showing us the different biomes of the Earth and it reveals to us students- She didn稚 care. 添ou know what, go, you池e excused. I asked for a pass, and that痴 when I went too far. With that, she got the security radio, and I ran like there痴 no tomorrow. I ran past my principal, and the AP Principal, and headed towards the cafenasium (CAFENASIUM= Cafeteria Gymnasium). As I got there, I see a little security kart: Petra right-hand man Roy was standing near a vending machine getting some M&Ms. That痴 when I thought: 滴ey, I知 already in trouble. Might as well Since his kart always has the keys on, I got on, and drove off silently: They池e hybrids!! I got off onto the football stadium, since gym classes don稚 start until after lunch, and I got to do some donuts and whatnot. Here痴 the bad thing: I forgot that I can稚 drive! I crashed onto the stands, and the clanking of the metal got some of the coaches out, and since I知 not in football, they don稚 know me. I see one of them yelling towards me, and the other with a security radio. I went towards the fine arts building: A building I致e never been to.
The Fine Arts Building is a 3-story building with art, photo, dance, and music, band, and choir classes. Theatre is the only art I have, but it痴 the only visual art that has access to the auditorium. This building is always dark. Since I don稚 know my way around, I go in deep, until the light outside isn稚 visible. I knew this was the end for me. I should致e just gone to SWEEPS! Then I see it: The Photo Room. They池e only there during 7th hour. And it痴 unlocked! I barge into it, and see the exit door. As I run outta there to get the photo-revealing chemical fumes outta my head, I long for the fresh air. As I get out, I see head out; a purple-red golf kart waits there: Petra.
I scream like a little 5th grader, and (since I知 a freshman), I pull out my passbook. 哲o, no, no, that doesn稚 work with me! she yelled in her funny German accent, and started driving towards me. 的 just got here late, Petra! I gotta go to my (I realize at a glance at my watch that it痴 10:45) 3rd hour class! The only problem with that is that it痴 my English class: My English teacher is also my theatre teacher: my theatre teacher is the Tolleson Theatre Director. The Tolleson Director hates me. Petra didn稚 know my name, since I知 not known for a bad side I lack. I知 a good kid at school. I知 a leader at school. She didn稚 give a crap, and still took me for a ride on her passenger痴 seat. We were going towards the office, and she made a turn for the English building. 添ou remind me of me when I was little. I can see it in your face. You aren稚 a troublemaker: you just wanted to see what it痴 like. Sure, let痴 go with that, Petra. 鏑ook, I promise I won稚 do anything like that anymore. I swear. She looked at me. 的 believe you. I then promised I壇 buy her a drink during lunch for a month and spend my lunch with her every other day. I didn稚 know that the school badass had a soft-side. She dropped me off in front of my English class with a white slip, and as I went in, handed it to my teacher, and sat down. My friend Chloe looked at me and in sign language, she said 展here the F$!* where you? I looked and smiled, saying 添ou don稚 wanna know

So You Wanna be a Pokemon Master: Chapter 1
, by SMGD

Enjoy!

A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit.

Last edited by SirManguydude; 04-01-2010 at 08:35 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2010, 07:54 PM   #2
Rai17
Actor
Points: 14,352, Level: 77 Points: 14,352, Level: 77 Points: 14,352, Level: 77
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Classic User owns 1x Snake rope User owns 1x Yo-Yo User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom User owns 2x Super Mushroom User owns 1x Mr Saturn User owns 1x Invincibility Star
User owns 2x Rod Of Seasons User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 2x Daisy Flower User owns 1x Harp of Ages User owns 2x Princess Peach Crown User owns 1x Water Element

My Mood: Brooding
Rai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster Yoshi NFF Old Man Award Celebrity Royalty NFF 3rd Annual Award Inventor Award NFF Promoter 
Total Awards: 9

Where's the poll..?

~ Leftovers of a Genius

-My Twitter
--My YouTube
---My Instagram
----The NFF Facebook Page
Old 04-01-2010, 08:36 PM   #3
SirManguydude
LoZ Expert
User owns 1x Gold Coin User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Earth Element User owns 1x Mirror Shield User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Fire Element User owns 1x Master Sword
User owns 1x Heart Tank User owns 1x Z-Saber User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Black Belt

SirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award NFF 3rd Annual Award Royalty Super Member Good Grammar Award Yoshi Signature of the Month Banner of the Month 

Sheeeeet. Uh just submit your votes to me, via PM and I will tally them I guess.

A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit.

Old 04-01-2010, 11:21 PM   #4
Rai17
Actor
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Classic User owns 1x Snake rope User owns 1x Yo-Yo User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom User owns 2x Super Mushroom User owns 1x Mr Saturn User owns 1x Invincibility Star
User owns 2x Rod Of Seasons User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 2x Daisy Flower User owns 1x Harp of Ages User owns 2x Princess Peach Crown User owns 1x Water Element

Rai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster Yoshi NFF Old Man Award Celebrity Royalty NFF 3rd Annual Award Inventor Award NFF Promoter 

Jajaa, kay :3

~ Leftovers of a Genius

-My Twitter
--My YouTube
---My Instagram
Old 04-03-2010, 11:46 AM   #5
SirManguydude
LoZ Expert

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase

Come on everyone! Total of One Vote, which makes SMGD in the lead! Come on vote, we got 5 more days for voting.

Old 04-03-2010, 07:01 PM   #6
Rai17
Actor

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase

I voted...didn't you..?

~ Leftovers of a Genius

-My Twitter
--My YouTube
---My Instagram
Old 04-05-2010, 05:09 PM   #7
SirManguydude
LoZ Expert

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase

One vote for Phil.

Old 04-07-2010, 01:44 AM   #8
Rai17
Actor

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase

1- SMGD
1- Phil
0- Rai
Oh well, so now, the next vote will clearly be the tie breaker. :P I wonder who it'll be!!

~ Leftovers of a Genius

-My Twitter
--My YouTube
---My Instagram
Old 04-10-2010, 11:38 AM   #9
SirManguydude
LoZ Expert

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase

All right, looks like we have a tie, here. So I will break it with my vote.

1 Vote to PHIL!

I know, its almost like I defaulted to him, but I do like his story.

I'm going to do this bi-monthly I guess, it would work much better that way, and hopefully we can really pull in some creative people into this contest.

Old 04-10-2010, 12:13 PM   #10
Phil
The hippo is dead.
Points: 9,759, Level: 66 Points: 9,759, Level: 66 Points: 9,759, Level: 66

My Mood: Amused
Phil will become famous soon enoughPhil will become famous soon enough

Awards Showcase
Signature of the Month Signature of the Month 
Total Awards: 2

yay :3
Closed Thread