Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > Media Entertainment > Music Reviews

Notices

Music Reviews Post your Music reviews here.

Closed Review

Review Tools
“Weird Al" Yankovic - Poodle Hat
By Gameaddict
Published by gameaddict
04-07-2010
Author review
Rate the Music
80%80%80%
Average 80%

“WEIRD AL" YANKOVIC - POODLE HAT

Please note that this is a COMEDY album. It is not a serious album in any way at all. Every song featured on this album is a comedy song.

INTRO

“Poodle Hat" by “Weird Al" Yankovic is a great album. Each song is great - seriously, I enjoyed listened listening to every single song. I have always thought that all of “Weird Al" Yankovic's albums are outrageously funny, and “Poodle Hat" is no exception. If you are into both comedy and music, then I would suggest buying “Poodle Hat".

REVIEW

1. Couch Potato

This song is a parody of “Lose Yourself" by Eminem. The name pretty much sums up what the song is about. It's about all of the different TV shows that a man is watching while he sits on his couch all day. I like this song, however it's not my favourite song on the album.

2. Hardware Store

This is is not only my favourite of all of Weird Al's songs, but has the most catchy melody ever! At the start of the song there are noises of hammers being banged, and power tools being used, and these noises recreate the noises of a hardware store so well! The song is about a new hardware store that opens up, and how this man becomes obsessed with purchasing items from the store. This song comes in at first place, drawing with Ode to a Superhero.

3. Trash Day

This song is a parody of “Hot in Herre" by Nelly, and is about the disgusting state of this guy's house. It's not my favourite song from the album, but is still quite funny.

4. Party at the Leper Colony

I'm not exactly sure about the meaning of this song, but it seems like it's a song just about a party. It's my least favourite song on the album.

5. Angry White Boy Polka

In this song, Weird Al has chosen about twenty or so songs, taken about four lines from each song, put them all in one single song, and made it into a polka-style song. This songs features songs from such bands as The White Stripes, System of a Down, Rage Against the Machine and Eminem. It turns out be incredibly funny, and one of my favourite songs on the album.

6. Wanna B Ur Lovr

This is a seriously funny song. It is basically a song with a whole bunch of sleezy pick up lines. Some of my favourites are:

“My love you is like diarrhea, I just can't hold it in"

“You must have fallen from heaven, that would explain how you messed up your face"

And my favourite...

“I hope I'm not being forward, but do you mind if I chew on your butt?"

I absoloutely love this song. It has such funny lyrics, and also has a great tune to it.

7. A Complicated Song

A parody of “Complicated" by Avril Lavigne. In this song, each verse tells a different story. The first story is about a guy who ate too much pizza and became constipated, the second is about a guy who finds out that his love interest is his cousin, and the third is about a guy who disobeyed orders, and stood up on a theme park ride, but gets his head cut off, but somehow still manages to survive. This is funny, but still isn't as good as songs like Ode to a Superhero, Hardware Store or Wanna B Ur Lovr.

8. Why Does This Always Happen to Me?

This song is about a man who complains about how unfourtunate his life is, without ever considering how unfortunate anybody else is. It's not fantastic, but it still makes me laugh every time I listen to it.

9. Ode to a Superhero

A parody of “Piano Man" by Billy Joel. This song tells the story of the first Spider-Man film, but in a comedic way. When I first heard “Poodle Hat", I immediately thought to myself, “Okay, this is my favourite song on the album". But after listening Hardware Store a little more, I couldn't decide whether I like it more or less than Ode to a Superhero. So I've decided that I like them both equally.

10. Bob

Every single line of this song is a palendrome (it is pronounced exactly the same, whether it is read backwards or not). The song is sung in the style of Bob Dylan, whic adds to the comic nature of the song. I like the idea of the song, and Weird Al imitates Dylan's singing style very well, but exaggerates it, making it humourous for the listener.

11. eBay

A parody of “I Want it That Way" by the Backstreet Boys. The song is about eBay, and all of the stupid things people buy on it. I actually like this version more than the original version!

12. Genius in France

This song is about a man who is considered as an idiot where he lives, but when he goes to France, he is known as a genius. I like the way that the style of the song keeps on changing, and how Weird Al sing dfferently in each part.

CONCLUSION

“Poodle Hat" is a great album for you if you like to laugh, but you also like listening to music. None of these songs contain any offensive language either, so it can be listened to by people of all ages.

Score: 8/10
Sponsored Links
By Megas75 on 04-07-2010, 02:02 PM
So this is the one with the eBay song, that was a good song.
By Dudebro on 04-07-2010, 10:14 PM
I love Weird Al. To me he's not doing comedy, he's just damn talented. White and Nerdy is my favorite but many others come close. That being said I wasn't that impressed with Poodle hat but hey, he's the man no matter what.
Closed Review