Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > Media Entertainment > Music Reviews

Notices

Music Reviews Post your Music reviews here.

Closed Review

Review Tools
Mindless Self Indulgence - If
By Gameaddict
Published by gameaddict
04-08-2010
Author review
Rate the Music
70%70%70%
Average 70%

MINDLESS SELF INDULGENCE - IF

REVIEW

If is Mindless Self Indulgence's latest album, and I think it's a quality album, although Frankenstein Girls Will Seem Strangely Sexy still remains as my favourite Mindless Self Indulgence album. You can easily tell that the lyrics of the songs are a lot more mature. I preferred Mindless Self Indulgence's earlier albums more - the humour of the songs has lessened a lot in this album - this disappointed me, because I have always considered Mindless Self Indulgence as a humorous band. Mindless Self Indulgence's earlier albums had more diverse songs, and I feel that the songs on If sound too much alike.

Although the lyrics have changed dramatically, the sound of the music has stayed relatively similar. The odd thing about this album are the differences between the quality of the songs. Some songs from this album, such as Never Wanted to Dance, Mastermind, Issues and Evening Wear are of great quality, and are some of my favourite songs ever, whereas the rest of the songs on the album are of much worse quality.

CONCLUSION

Mindless Self Indulgence has matured a lot since their album, and they are now a more serious band. This is a little disappointing for me, but at the same time, I also feel that this is good, because the style of band's music changes, just like people do. If you prefer more serious music but still with humour in it, then I would suggest If. If you enjoy listening to more humorous music that is a little more out of the ordinary, then I would suggest listening to one of Mindless Self Indulgence's earlier albums, such as Frankenstein Girls Will Seem Strangely Sexy.
Sponsored Links
By da Beef on 04-09-2010, 01:29 AM
no need to italicize band names
By London Beckett on 04-28-2010, 09:41 PM
I didn't really care for this album, the songs seemed to make no sense whatsoever. Eh, maybe not my type of music.
By Final Flourish on 08-17-2010, 09:13 AM
They're not as good as they use to
The songs didn't make any sense.

They made sense, but had no significant meaning.
Closed Review