Nintendo Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > Media Entertainment > Movie Reviews

Notices

Movie Reviews Post your movie reviews here.

Closed Review

Review Tools
Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging
By Gameaddict
Published by gameaddict
04-11-2010
Author review
Movie Rating
55%55%55%
Average 55%

ANGUS, THONGS AND PERFECT SNOGGING

INTRO

When Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging was first released, most reviews that I watched and read had given it bad reviews, and I wasn't sure whether this was because I had coincidentally read lots of bad reviews, or whether the film just sucked. I had always assumed that the film just sucked, and so when I went to see the film, I had very low expectations.

REVIEW

There were three things that surprised when first watching this film. The first thing that surprised me was that this was an English film - I wasn't aware that it was an English film, and so I was pleasantly surprised. There are so many American movies, and I am getting very bored of hearing American accents so much, so the fact that this film was English pleased me.

The second thing that surprised me was that the film wasn't quite as bad as I had originally thought it would be. While Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging is not a five star movie, it still definitely has its moments. The films target audience is young teenage girls - and if you are of a different age or sex, you will most likely not enjoy viewing this film. Although there are some jokes that people of a different sex and/or age will find funny, these few jokes will most likely not be enough to draw those people in for the entire film. The third thing that surprised me was that the film is very upbeat and happy - there are lots of colours used in this film to give it a happy feeling.

Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging is a film based around the life of Georgia and her three friends Jas, Rosie and Ellen, and all of the many conflicts that occur in their lives. For some reason, the only thing that all of these girls seem to aspire to is getting to "snog" a boy. Georgia then finds out about Robbie, and decides that she wants to get to become his girlfriend so that she can get to "snog" him. But to snog him, she must get rid of his current girlfriend, Lindsay.

Georgia builds character as the film progresses - she starts off as a girl who is selfish and only thinks about herself, and is always trying to look "beautiful". She often says that she thinks her nose is too big, and she is often seen applying makeup and spray tan or shaving her eyebrows. She also continuously complains about how her parents "snog" all of the time, and how she finds it disgusting to watch. But Georgia matures as the film progresses, so that by the end of the film she is less worried about how she looks, and no longer has a problem with her parents "snogging". I liked this idea, because one of the things that I couldn't stand about the film was the fact that Georgia was so immature, and never thought about any people other than herself.

The ending of the film was barely hard to predict - Robbie "dumps" Lindsay in favour of Georgia, which means that it Georgia gets what she has always wanted - to be Robbie's girlfriend, and to "snog" him.

ACTING

The acting was better than I had initially imagined it would be - I thought that Georgia Groome did a very good job as playing Georgia. She acted exactly like a fourteen year old girl should act. The other three girls who played Jas, Rosie and Ellen did a good job too, but I thought that Georgia Groome was a better actor than any of them. There were no actors who I thought, "Wow, that actor really sucks compared to the rest of the cast". All of the main cast in this film were roughly of the same acting abilities. The dialogue seemed adequate, although not brilliant... it could have been worse, I suppose.

THE BOOKS

Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging is based on two books - Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging and It's Okay, I'm Wearing Really Big Knickers (in the US it is called On the Bright Side, I'm Now the Girlfriend of a Sex God), and these books are a part of a ten book series. I would have loved to compare the books to the film, but unfortunately I can't because I haven't read the books. However, I haven't heard of any people saying how much worse they thought the film was to the book, so I will assume that the film is of the same quality as the two books. I'm not sure whether there are going to be four more films with each based on two books, or whether it has been decided whether this will be the only film. Somehow, I don't think that there will be another film - the English don't seem to make sequels of films, Americans seem to make sequels a lot more.

MUSIC

The music chosen for the film is alright - most of the songs in the film are very upbeat and happy songs, which fit the theme of the film perfectly.

CONCLUSION

Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging is a film that will be enjoyed most by young teenage girls, and if you don't fit that description then you will most likely find yourself not liking this film. Although there are some parts of the film that you may like, but it most likely won't be enough to make you watch the whole film.

Overall Score: 5.5/10
Sponsored Links
By Brandyn on 07-05-2010, 11:26 PM
It had me at thongs.
Talk about a hook to get people to watch it.
By Mario on 08-13-2010, 08:52 AM
Did someone say Thongs?
By SuperGamecube64 on 08-13-2010, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario View Post
Did someone say Thongs?
the movie is about a 14 or 15 year old girl. Don't be a pedobear, Mario! lol
By Mario on 08-13-2010, 12:04 PM
it was a joke.
By SuperGamecube64 on 08-13-2010, 03:36 PM
So was what i said
Closed Review