|Register||Arcade||Chat||Forum||Members List||Search||Today's Posts||Mark Forums Read|
|04-12-2010, 09:37 PM||#1|
A Goddamn Philistine
Patch help via emulator
I just got some roms for some Japanese GBA/SNES games(The Fire Emblems, Mother 3) as well as a few Patches for translation, but I can't get the patches to work, can anyone help me with this.
|04-13-2010, 01:47 AM||#2|
Join Date: Mar 2010
Thanked 0 Times in 0 PostsRep Power: 21
Patch Sites - Go to these sites listed below to find some patches:
http://www.zophar.net/newtrans/?op=show&type=snes - This site has a ton of language translation patches (only problem is slow downloads)
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/ - This site has a ton of hacks and patches for many systems.
http://www.bubbz.pocketheaven.com/?s...§ion=patch - A bunch of GBA fixes as well as a few other systems.
Program needed to patch - IPS.exe
So after you've downloaded the patch and IPS.exe, you will need to unzip the patch to the same folder as your rom, and the IPS.exe to whatever folder you wish. Next, navigate to the folder where you unziped IPS.exe and open up IPS2exe.exe.
1. Click the "create EXE patch from existing IPS file" bullet.
2. Under "patch file", navigate to the patch file you unziped earlier. It should have an extention of .IPS. Double click to open it up.
3. Under "Filename of file to patch" find your way to whatever rom it is you wish to patch. Make sure that the rom is not a zip or rar. file. It must be in whatever format the rom is, eg. GBA = .gba, SNES= .SMC, ect. For roms with more than one possible extention it does not matter what extention it has.
4. Make sure "save as" = .exe and click next.
5. Save the file anywhere you want with a clear name like "(rom name) english patch".
6. After the successful patch creation, you must then navigate to the newly created patch applier and open it.
7. As you can see, the file that you wish to patch should already be in the "file to patch" box. If for some reason it isn't, simply open it up and find the file you wish to patch.
8. Click "patch".
If successful, it will tell you. If there is an error, go back and check that you have everything correct.
NOTE: Some games/patches cannot have more than one patch applied. Do not try to patch the same rom more than once, or you might have some serious consequences.
Also patching a file changes the rom, so don't patch the rom unless you make a backup first.
Last edited by Fusion; 04-13-2010 at 02:08 AM.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Need N64 Emulator||isladel||Nintendo 64||16||01-03-2013 01:32 PM|
|Online NES Emulator||Kyusen||NES||17||03-28-2010 09:49 PM|
|Is there a emulator out for the Nintendo Gamecube?||Spirit||GameCube||23||11-05-2009 11:44 PM|
|DS Emulator||Skreamo||Nintendo DS/DSI/3DS||33||06-30-2009 10:55 PM|
|GameBoy Emulator (Works With All GameBoys)||Ghost||Game Boy (handheld)||17||02-12-2009 07:13 AM|