Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Nintendo Games

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 12:17 PM   #1
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1
Points: 58,283, Level: 100 Points: 58,283, Level: 100 Points: 58,283, Level: 100
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom

My Mood: Woot
SuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Level 100 Award NFF Promoter Review of the Month Monster Poster 
Total Awards: 19

Send a message via AIM to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via MSN to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Yahoo to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Skype™ to SuperGamecube64 Xbox Live Gamertag: SuperGamecube64
Pikmin

I couldn't find a pikmin thread, so I made one. Pikmin seems to be a bit underrated here, as I've found a few members who haven't tried it because it "looks weird" or "looks dumb". On the contrary, Pikmin and Pikmin 2 are some of the bext Gamecubes games in the systems library!

da Beef's review of pikmin hoenstly says it all, and in just one paragraph. Pikmin actually changed the way I look at my surroundings. In pikmin, you are but the size of a quarter, and your minions even smaller than that. Everything is giant, and a hazard. Now, where i used to see a puddle of water from the past day's rain, I instead see an environment. To the smaller creatures of our world, that puddle is a lake. Very often, especially when I go off into the woods, I find various enviroments and i always think. "Looks like something from Pikmin..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandyn View Post
You wield the banhammer like Thor wields Mjolnir.

"No, you're clearly wrong. A game's success is determined by the score. Opinions are facts now, and if this game gets too many negative facts then this game clearly sucks so we should all just leave and play Kingdom Hearts and Call of Duty.(that hurt to type)" - Sabeta_Sama of GFAQs
Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2010, 02:20 PM   #2
Beasty
Fierce Deity
Points: 629, Level: 12 Points: 629, Level: 12 Points: 629, Level: 12
User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Harp of Ages User owns 1x Rod Of Seasons

My Mood: Fine
Beasty is just really niceBeasty is just really niceBeasty is just really niceBeasty is just really niceBeasty is just really nice

Friend Codes
tbh pikmin does not really looks that fun but i do maybe wanne try it. but i still got a big game list to order

i like adventure games like zelda and metroid i also like mario.. my question is it a good idea to buy pikmin 1 or 2?
Old 04-15-2010, 02:43 PM   #3
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1
Points: 58,283, Level: 100 Points: 58,283, Level: 100 Points: 58,283, Level: 100
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom

SuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Level 100 Award NFF Promoter Review of the Month Monster Poster 

Send a message via AIM to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via MSN to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Yahoo to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Skype™ to SuperGamecube64 Xbox Live Gamertag: SuperGamecube64
Pikmin may be more strategic than say, Mario or Zelda, but is an adventure all it's own. both games are really cheap now too, so you definitely should

Quote:

"No, you're clearly wrong. A game's success is determined by the score. Opinions are facts now, and if this game gets too many negative facts then this game clearly sucks so we should all just leave and play Kingdom Hearts and Call of Duty.(that hurt to type)" - Sabeta_Sama of GFAQs

Last edited by SuperGamecube64; 04-15-2010 at 06:12 PM.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:00 PM   #4
da Beef
Banned

da Beef will become famous soon enoughda Beef will become famous soon enough

Awards Showcase
Poster 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGamecube64 View Post
I couldn't find a pikmin thread, so I made one. Pikmin seems to be a bit underrated here, as I've found a few members who haven't tried it because it "looks weird" or "looks dumb". On the contrary, Pikmin and Pikmin 2 are some of the bext Gamecubes games in the systems library!

da Beef's review of pikmin hoenstly says it all, and in just one paragraph. Pikmin actually changed the way I look at my surroundings. In pikmin, you are but the size of a quarter, and your minions even smaller than that. Everything is giant, and a hazard. Now, where i used to see a puddle of water from the past day's rain, I instead see an environment. To the smaller creatures of our world, that puddle is a lake. Very often, especially when I go off into the woods, I find various enviroments and i always think. "Looks like something from Pikmin..."
my review was actually two paragraphs, but thanks. Pikmin did that for me as well. few games have that impact. Tetris and Katamari Damacy come to mind: Tetris has me trying to organize real-life objects, or seeing tetris blocks nudged into spaces; Katamari always makes me notice the amount of junk we humans have laying around, and i imagine rolling it all up

all 3 games make me think about objects... hmm...
Old 04-15-2010, 06:09 PM   #5
Pokeman
Good ol PT
Points: 13,456, Level: 75 Points: 13,456, Level: 75 Points: 13,456, Level: 75

Pokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to behold

Awards Showcase
Poster 
Total Awards: 1

Send a message via Skype™ to Pokeman PSN ID: Pityflame WiiU ID: Pityflame
Mario and Zelda don't have stratagies :/

Old 04-15-2010, 06:11 PM   #6
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase

That is what I said, pokeman

Quote:
Pikmin may be more strategic than say, Mario or Zelda

Quote:

Old 04-15-2010, 07:09 PM   #7
Megas75
A Goddamn Philistine
Points: 22,475, Level: 93 Points: 22,475, Level: 93 Points: 22,475, Level: 93
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 3x SNES Controller User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Poke Doll User owns 2x Chao
User owns 1x Black Mage User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Heart Tank

My Mood: Twisted
Megas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Monster Poster Profile of the Month Award News Reporter Welcome Wagon Royalty Poster 
Total Awards: 7

The main reason why i wasn't much into Pikmin is because I wasn't much into the strategy genre. But i still need to try Pikmin simply because it's one of the Nintendo franchises I still need to try, I've always been interested in my friends copy.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:25 PM   #8
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase

It's really not much of an RTS aside from the controlling units aspect.

Quote:

Old 04-16-2010, 08:34 AM   #9
Beasty
Fierce Deity
Points: 629, Level: 12 Points: 629, Level: 12 Points: 629, Level: 12
User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Harp of Ages User owns 1x Rod Of Seasons

My Mood: Fine
Beasty is just really niceBeasty is just really niceBeasty is just really niceBeasty is just really niceBeasty is just really nice

Friend Codes
no zelda is more adventure but zelda still got those small puzzles you get in dungeon's and stuff

another question for you SuperGamecube64: What is the best version of pikmin? Gamcube or Wii
Old 04-16-2010, 01:32 PM   #10
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase

Gamecube. The wii version doesn't have a c stick to control your pikmins movement with...I don't remember how they did it, or if they just removed it, but the Gamecube version is better and cheaper.

Quote:

Closed Thread