Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > General Chat

Notices

General Chat Post away about anything in general just remember no content that would fit in other sections.

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 10:52 PM   #1
Cam3ron36@NFF
NHL Fanatic
Points: 31,510, Level: 100 Points: 31,510, Level: 100 Points: 31,510, Level: 100
User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 3x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Bullet Bill User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Fighter

My Mood: Gaming
Cam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award Royalty Monster Poster Review of the Month Review of the Month Poster Game Reviewer 
Total Awards: 8

Send a message via Skype™ to Cam3ron36@NFF Xbox Live Gamertag: cam3ron36
Hypnotism

Don't ask about debate since hypnosis is in fact a natural mental function but I'm just curious to see peoples stories if it's ever happened to them like professionally at an event or whatever.

Personally, for me it was yesterday. Bowling finished and that was the entertainment and I was joking around with a few people saying I'd only go up if they did knowing they wouldn't. Turns out, they did... I figured I'd try it out and so I sat in a chair along with like 9 other people. Next thing I knew I was obviously making a fool of myself standing out of my chair with only 7 of the other volunteers posing. No recolection it was 2 o clock before and it was now 4 o clock. I didn't regain recolection until the next time I slept per the hypnotists commands apparently but now I remember it all and holy crap... Had no control but I did some stuff such as playing Air guitar like a retard had to pretend to audition for that dance show I can't remember it's name but I hate that show whatever it is. Had to feel like I was freezing at the north pole and pretty much wound up in a dog pile with everyone else (to name a few things) and none of us remember it until now I'm sure but he also made it so we love hi-fives and feel sharp pains whenever we hi-five someone. That only lasts for a week thankfully but now none of us can resist a hi-five if offered. I am shocked but It's hilarious looking back at some of the other people. There was probably an audience of 100+ people and I guess the owner of the center and some other kid left early since they wound up lying on the floor during the start of it.
almost everyone was taking pics or videos so I could probably find a video by now on youtube if I tried

Anyone else undergo a hypnotism thing like this or witness it?
Old 04-25-2010, 11:01 PM   #2
Pokeman
Good ol PT
Points: 13,447, Level: 75 Points: 13,447, Level: 75 Points: 13,447, Level: 75

My Mood: Woot
Pokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to behold

Awards Showcase
Poster 
Total Awards: 1

Send a message via Skype™ to Pokeman PSN ID: Pityflame WiiU ID: Pityflame
Two years ago during halloween night at this themepark there was a hypnotist. My friend volunteered, and he got him to do shit like taking off his shirt and dancing/airhumping at like 3 AM. He didn't remember any of it though, but we all got it on video :P

Old 04-26-2010, 12:34 AM   #3
Cam3ron36@NFF
NHL Fanatic
Points: 31,510, Level: 100 Points: 31,510, Level: 100 Points: 31,510, Level: 100
User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 3x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Bullet Bill User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Fighter

Cam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award Royalty Monster Poster Review of the Month Review of the Month Poster Game Reviewer 
Total Awards: 8

Send a message via Skype™ to Cam3ron36@NFF Xbox Live Gamertag: cam3ron36
It's weird but I'd do it again. Think it's funnier but he said he wouldn't make us do anything extreme. Other things that happened was like he made us think we were on fire and act like certain animals. Also made us work as a job in keeping the chairs in perfect line and if they weren't in a perfectly straight line then some other hypnotized girl freaked out on whoever messed up the chairs. Also made us laugh brutally hard and ball our eyes out after that and if that wasn't enough he made us itch to an unbelievable extent. I don't really care about it since it's not all that embarassing when its not even like I lived it and people know I had no control. As far as I'm concerned I had the best visual memory view of the other kids and the one adult that was there. Amazing what someone can do to you through hypnosis.
Old 10-27-2010, 12:41 PM   #4
Dry Bowser
Also known as ウェスリー
Points: 527, Level: 10 Points: 527, Level: 10 Points: 527, Level: 10
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Nunchuck User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Classic

My Mood: Worried
Dry Bowser will become famous soon enough

I've seen hypnosis in some video games (Super Paper Mario- Nastasia hypnotizing bowser's minions to be part of count bleck's army) But I've never seen it in real life. I don't really know whether it's real or not

Last edited by Dry Bowser; 10-27-2010 at 01:23 PM.
Old 10-27-2010, 01:24 PM   #5
Dry Bowser
Also known as ウェスリー
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Nunchuck User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Classic

I honestly think it isn't real.
Old 10-27-2010, 02:04 PM   #6
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1
Points: 58,283, Level: 100 Points: 58,283, Level: 100 Points: 58,283, Level: 100
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom

My Mood: Woot
SuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Level 100 Award NFF Promoter Review of the Month Monster Poster 
Total Awards: 19

Send a message via AIM to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via MSN to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Yahoo to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Skype™ to SuperGamecube64 Xbox Live Gamertag: SuperGamecube64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Bowser View Post
I honestly think it isn't real.
Hypnosis is a mental state. It is heightened sense of relaxation. Scientifically proven, not hocus pocus. It isn't used to make people bark like dogs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandyn View Post
You wield the banhammer like Thor wields Mjolnir.

"No, you're clearly wrong. A game's success is determined by the score. Opinions are facts now, and if this game gets too many negative facts then this game clearly sucks so we should all just leave and play Kingdom Hearts and Call of Duty.(that hurt to type)" - Sabeta_Sama of GFAQs
Old 10-27-2010, 02:10 PM   #7
Dry Bowser
Also known as ウェスリー

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGamecube64 View Post
Hypnosis is a mental state. It is heightened sense of relaxation. Scientifically proven, not hocus pocus. It isn't used to make people bark like dogs.
Whatever, I've just never seen it happen. I wasn't sure it was real at the moment.
Old 10-27-2010, 04:15 PM   #8
Final Flourish
Light Grenade
Points: 5,497, Level: 47 Points: 5,497, Level: 47 Points: 5,497, Level: 47
User owns 1x Pegasuses Boots User owns 1x Magic Cape Feather User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x Poke Doll

My Mood: Devilish
Final Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to behold

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Royalty Poster 
Total Awards: 2

I've never seen or experienced hypnotism.
I honestly didn't even believe in it until I read this.
Old 10-27-2010, 04:27 PM   #9
Mikematute
Zombie Prosecutor
Points: 12,827, Level: 73 Points: 12,827, Level: 73 Points: 12,827, Level: 73
User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Triforce

Mikematute is a glorious beacon of lightMikematute is a glorious beacon of lightMikematute is a glorious beacon of lightMikematute is a glorious beacon of lightMikematute is a glorious beacon of light

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Royalty Review of the Month Poster 
Total Awards: 4

well i have seen hipnosis but it is a mental control or state. the hipnosis for leaving smoking is C***.
anyway it may be real.

WHO THE **** DO YOU THINK I AM
Old 10-27-2010, 04:35 PM   #10
Lukario
Strangers
Points: 12,317, Level: 72 Points: 12,317, Level: 72 Points: 12,317, Level: 72

Lukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant future

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Super Member NFF Old Man Award Monster Poster NFF 3rd Annual Award Super Member NFF Artist Joker Inventor Award 
Total Awards: 10

Xbox Live Gamertag: deadDEFINED
I've seen it done, but I can't help but think it's staged because I just can't imagine someone being subdued that way.