Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Creative Corner > Profiles and Blogs

Notices

Profiles and Blogs Blogs and Profiles written by our members, telling about themselves.

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 04:33 PM   #1
Cam3ron36@NFF
NHL Fanatic
Points: 31,510, Level: 100 Points: 31,510, Level: 100 Points: 31,510, Level: 100
User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 3x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Bullet Bill User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Fighter

My Mood: Gaming
Cam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award Royalty Monster Poster Review of the Month Review of the Month Poster Game Reviewer 
Total Awards: 8

Send a message via Skype™ to Cam3ron36@NFF Xbox Live Gamertag: cam3ron36
Post Top 5 most difficult levels in any game

Thought I'd start my own general series of top 10's, 5's, 8's, etc... What I have to offer to you first is my perspective on the hardest levels in any game that I've played. Sorry, no Metroid or contra on this list. Deal with it, I haven't played every game.

With that being said, I will attempt to show you mine and often footage of each: Comments are welcome.

5:

Out of all the racing games out there, you probably haven't played this one. One of the best racing games out there it is a shame that not many have played it. That being said, it is the only snes game in existence to have a certain chip in it allowing most people to fail at emulating it. Someone owns a copy. I am referring to the last level of Top Gear 3000 on the hardest difficulty.

What's Difficult?: Top Gear 3000 had this habit of having road changes meaning it would either have 8, 6, 4 or 2 lanes on a road at once and it would change unexpectedly. This level kept swithcing from 4 to 2 lanes with trees everywhere leaving no time to react if you were on the outer edges of the 4-lane tracks. This being said, neccesary items were always put on the sides and pickets were often thrown right in the middle of a 4-lane track after the transition leaving little time to react. If that wasn't enough you could barely turn on the 2-lane tracks causing tree-crashes all the time at speeds of 500-700 KPH!!! You also ran out of gas often and other cars did fine.

Footage:

4:

Nothing in the industy can compare to Mario, everyone knows it. Anyone ever heard of the extra, extra secret levels of SMW? Maybe not, how about some Tubular?

What's Difficult?: Tubular is a short level that requires you to fly around as a balloon and not get hit at all through a level with no ground and keep grabbing more "P" balloons before you run out...

Footage:

3:

This level has never been beaten by me. To this day the first time around it's hard. I'm talking about the 2nd Dragon race in Diddy Kong Racing...

What's Difficult?: I had a hard enough time on this as a kid for the first time facing the dragon. What you may not know about Diddy kong racing is the fact that you have to beat it twice, the second time on mirror with much, much harder enemies. What makes this so hard is the controller mainly. You MUST be polished with flight to beat this level with really sharp turns and that just aint accomplishable with the worn control stick. You cannot crash once and you have to take all the hard routes considering you can't touch this dragon or you spiral to the ground often facing the wrong direction. If that still aint enough the dragon puts fire balls everywhere in which the same thing happens!! Never beaten it on the 64 but I have on DS.

Footage:

2:

Now we can all admit (at least those of us that played) that doom is a hard S.O.B. on nightmare and so is doom 2. But what about Final Doom? Yeah, you know the supposed "Expert-players Doom". Now I reviewed this but I did not mention the last level of Plutonia Experiment on nightmare.

What's Difficult?: Hmm... A billion enemies? Yeah, remember the original ending of doom with that damn hard Spidermind enemy? Try about 50 of those and a billion other bosses blocking your way and all trying to murder you!!!!

Footage:

1:

You're probably going to not consider this childish game to have any difficult levels in it, but truth is sega loaded this game with difficult levels and I cannot even conceive in my mind how Arthropod in Super Monkeyball 2 was a good idea. The only 2 times I beat it were out of a pure gamble of time and pure luck.

What's Difficult?: You have a spider walking on four rings that you have to cross while waiting a minute and not go too far to the edges or get hit by the mecha-spider. That's all there really is to say, I've never done it the proper way, I just dive off the edge and hope I can fall 50 feet into the goal and yes I've done it that way

Footage:

All these people make it look easy
None of these levels are easy. Thanks for reading!

~Cam3ron36
Old 05-09-2010, 04:37 PM   #2
Pokeman
Good ol PT
Points: 13,848, Level: 76 Points: 13,848, Level: 76 Points: 13,848, Level: 76

My Mood: Woot
Pokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to behold

Awards Showcase
Poster 
Total Awards: 1

Send a message via Skype™ to Pokeman PSN ID: Pityflame WiiU ID: Pityflame
Arthropod was easy

Old 05-09-2010, 05:20 PM   #3
op89x
Not on the review team
Points: 3,648, Level: 37 Points: 3,648, Level: 37 Points: 3,648, Level: 37
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 1x Warpstar User owns 1x Princess Ruto User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance
User owns 1x Princess Peach Crown User owns 1x Frog Suit User owns 1x Red Shell User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Green Shell User owns 1x Gold Coin User owns 1x Fire Flower
User owns 1x Magic Cape Feather User owns 1x Water Element

op89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the rough

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster Poster 
Total Awards: 2

Tried two, beat two. Over ten years ago, too. Wow. I feel old.

Old 05-09-2010, 05:38 PM   #4
Markiemania
Points: 107, Level: 2 Points: 107, Level: 2 Points: 107, Level: 2
User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance

Markiemania will become famous soon enough

Friend Codes
Send a message via MSN to Markiemania Xbox Live Gamertag: markiemania95
Only beat one of the above, which was Tubular, and I think I probably did it about 3rd or 4th time?
Old 05-09-2010, 06:00 PM   #5
Cam3ron36@NFF
NHL Fanatic
Points: 31,510, Level: 100 Points: 31,510, Level: 100 Points: 31,510, Level: 100
User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 3x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Bullet Bill User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Fighter

Cam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award Royalty Monster Poster Review of the Month Review of the Month Poster Game Reviewer 

Times beat:

1: twice
2: never
3: never
4: never
5: Easy Mode: 4 times
Normal mode: twice
Hard Mode: once by myself and once with my bro.

Quote:
Tried two, beat two. Over ten years ago, too. Wow. I feel old.
You reffering to two of these levels or final dom ranked at # 2 on the difficulty scale I made?
Old 05-09-2010, 07:53 PM   #6
op89x
Not on the review team
Points: 3,648, Level: 37 Points: 3,648, Level: 37 Points: 3,648, Level: 37
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 1x Warpstar User owns 1x Princess Ruto User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance
User owns 1x Princess Peach Crown User owns 1x Frog Suit User owns 1x Red Shell User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Green Shell User owns 1x Gold Coin User owns 1x Fire Flower
User owns 1x Magic Cape Feather User owns 1x Water Element

op89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the roughop89x is a jewel in the rough

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster Poster 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam3ronNFF View Post
You reffering to two of these levels or final dom ranked at # 2 on the difficulty scale I made?
I beat two of the above. Tubular when I was little, back in 1992 or so, and Diddy Kong Racing the first try. I always thought that race was pretty easy. The Seal was always much harder for me.

Old 05-09-2010, 08:08 PM   #7
Brandyn
The Gentleman
Points: 57,831, Level: 100 Points: 57,831, Level: 100 Points: 57,831, Level: 100
User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 2x SNES Controller User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Four Sword
User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 1x Fire Element

Brandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards Brawl AM First Time Award Mufasa Yoshi NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month Level 100 Award 
Total Awards: 15

Send a message via AIM to Brandyn Send a message via Yahoo to Brandyn Send a message via Skype™ to Brandyn 3DS Friend Code: 3282-3036-3021 PSN ID: Brandyn_Johnson WiiU ID: Brandyn_Johnson
Smokey the Dragon wasn't that hard. The Octopus was harder in my opinion as was the Wizpig himself, especially the first race.

I don't remember Tubular though, I've unlocked alot of levels in Super Mario World but don't recognize Tubular.

Ultra Street Fighter IV mains: Gen, Dudley, Ryu
Tekken Revolution mains: Steve Fox, Kazuya
Tekken 6 mains: Steve Fox, Jin, Hwoarang
King of Fighters XIII team: Ryo/Kim Kaphwan/Joe
Old 05-10-2010, 12:34 AM   #8
Cam3ron36@NFF
NHL Fanatic

Awards Showcase

it's a super-secret world found through the secret star-world.

With my N64 controllers I only ever beat the dragon once the first time around. The second time it's mirror and much more difficult. Last time I beat it was when I was 12 or 13 I think and that was the easier dragon.