Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > General Chat > Debate Forum

Notices

Debate Forum This is the Debate forum engage in serious debates here.

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 12:25 PM   #1
Phapt
Points: 534, Level: 10 Points: 534, Level: 10 Points: 534, Level: 10

Phapt is an unknown quantity at this point

Feminism - equal rights or more power to women?

First of all, I would like to ask how you make polls?

Now on topic. Feminism is a very delicate matter. Heck, if I don't choose my words here carefully I could probably be banned. Men and women are different, everyone knows that. Everyone also knows that men are physically way stronger than women, because our boides are just built that way. Of course, women can get stronger than weak men, but if both are trained equally, then the woman won't stand a chance.

I also believe that physical strenght greatly affects the psychology. If you're fit you feel a lot better, right? If you're a fat slob, you feel more depressed. Because men are naturally more fit than women, I believe that men are also psychologically stronger. Just look at young males and females in a classroom. Boys often takes more space and crave more attention, while girls "stand back" in silence and watch. This is not only because their parent raise them to be "nice girls", but because it's in their nature. That's what I believe. You don't need to agree.

So, should everyone have an equal chance? Absolutely. But should everyone be treated equal, and have equal rights? No. The difference between equal chance and equal rights is huge. Let's say a girl wants to be a fireman. Sure, let her try, but she should finish all the tests with the same rules as the boys do. If she can do that, then she has shown she is OK to be a fireman.

What's happening today is that girls are getting a free ticket into different jobs just because everything is supposed to be "equal". Is it right to choose a girl rather than a boy just because there are "too many" boys for a certain job? Shouldn't the most competent person get the job?

Feminism is much about getting women into jobs where there is a large male population. But at what cost? Just for the sake of equality? Let's turn the debate 180 degrees.

Will there ever be as many men in childcare jobs as women? No.
Will fathers ever get equal chance of keeping the child after a divorce? No.

Why isn't anyone talking about TRUE equality? Why is the only focus on getting women stronger and with more power?
Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2010, 02:04 PM   #2
Pokeman
Good ol PT
Points: 13,460, Level: 75 Points: 13,460, Level: 75 Points: 13,460, Level: 75

My Mood: Woot
Pokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to behold

Awards Showcase
Poster 
Total Awards: 1

Send a message via Skype™ to Pokeman PSN ID: Pityflame WiiU ID: Pityflame
There already is a thread about this.

Use the search bar.

Old 05-14-2010, 03:15 PM   #3
Beasty
Fierce Deity
Points: 629, Level: 12 Points: 629, Level: 12 Points: 629, Level: 12
User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Harp of Ages User owns 1x Rod Of Seasons

My Mood: Fine
Beasty is just really niceBeasty is just really niceBeasty is just really niceBeasty is just really niceBeasty is just really nice

Friend Codes
Hmm if there is something i hate is the judgement to boy's and black people in Disco's. 2 boy's and 6 girls go to entrance they can enter.. me and my 4 other friends (2 black guy's) cannot enter.. they say "it's full" 10 seconds later a group of 10 girls came out of a car and they can enter.. conclusion: gaurds are freaking addicted to girls -.- (maybe this comment is a little bit off topic but it's the same principle)
Old 05-14-2010, 04:18 PM   #4
scarymoth
dum de da de da
Points: 1,281, Level: 19 Points: 1,281, Level: 19 Points: 1,281, Level: 19

scarymoth will become famous soon enoughscarymoth will become famous soon enough

PSN ID: tranquillise
feminism isnt about women having more rights than men. its about equal rights, and any women that says that it isnt and women are superior is misguided and wrong

why should a women be allowed to get into primarily male dominated careers? because if thats what she feels shes meant to do, and if she has a passion for it, then she should be allowed to. obviously with some jobs, men are naturally more suited to them (ones which require more physical strength, like you pointed out, such as firefighting), but that doesnt mean shes incapable of doing them

Will there ever be as many men in childcare jobs as women?
how do you know that? if a person is skilled then they can get a job. if there isnt more men in childcare jobs than women then its because men just dont tend to go into that line of work (which, given that working with children is generally thought of as "womens work", could probably be justified)

Will fathers ever get equal chance of keeping the child after a divorce?
fathers should have an equal chance of keeping the child after a divorce, if they are capable of looking after the child (and by this, because i feel someone will misunderstand me, i'm not saying WOMEN ARE BETTER THAN LOOKING AFTER CHILDREN!!!! MEN ARE TERRIBLE!!!!!). unfortunately, a lot of times the mother is given full custody purely because shes the mother, which isnt fair. at all.
Old 05-14-2010, 04:26 PM   #5
Phapt

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarymoth View Post
feminism isnt about women having more rights than men. its about equal rights, and any women that says that it isnt and women are superior is misguided and wrong

why should a women be allowed to get into primarily male dominated careers? because if thats what she feels shes meant to do, and if she has a passion for it, then she should be allowed to. obviously with some jobs, men are naturally more suited to them (ones which require more physical strength, like you pointed out, such as firefighting), but that doesnt mean shes incapable of doing them

Will there ever be as many men in childcare jobs as women?
how do you know that? if a person is skilled then they can get a job. if there isnt more men in childcare jobs than women then its because men just dont tend to go into that line of work (which, given that working with children is generally thought of as "womens work", could probably be justified)

Will fathers ever get equal chance of keeping the child after a divorce?
fathers should have an equal chance of keeping the child after a divorce, if they are capable of looking after the child (and by this, because i feel someone will misunderstand me, i'm not saying WOMEN ARE BETTER THAN LOOKING AFTER CHILDREN!!!! MEN ARE TERRIBLE!!!!!). unfortunately, a lot of times the mother is given full custody purely because shes the mother, which isnt fair. at all.
Yeah, it SHOULD be about equal rights, but something tells me that this whole feminism thing is only about women getting more power. Of course I don't have any concrete proof of that, but do you really need that? Just look outside, and listen to the news. How much are they talking about areas where men suffer? That's never in the news. It's only about how poor women are, how they should get more rights and so on.

About childcare jobs, it's because men generally aren't interested about taking care of children like women are. That's another natural difference that some people fail to understand. Of course, there are always exceptions, but generally, you won't find men at childcare jobs.

Yeah, again, it SHOULD be like that. Fathers should have an equal chance of keeping the child. But look at reality. That's not how it is. It's almost always the mother who keeps the child, no matter the situation. How come that is never, ever talked about in feminism? Because feminism is only about more power for women, with the disguise of having "equality for all". Bah.
Old 05-14-2010, 04:28 PM   #6
scarymoth
dum de da de da
Points: 1,281, Level: 19 Points: 1,281, Level: 19 Points: 1,281, Level: 19

scarymoth will become famous soon enoughscarymoth will become famous soon enough

PSN ID: tranquillise
actually when i listen to the news i hear about the new hung parliament so no, no i dont

anyway im beginning 2 suspect this thread is kind of trolly, so im gonna peace B)
Old 05-14-2010, 10:33 PM   #7
Brandyn
The Gentleman
Points: 56,481, Level: 100 Points: 56,481, Level: 100 Points: 56,481, Level: 100
User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 2x SNES Controller User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Four Sword
User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 1x Fire Element

My Mood: Gaming
Brandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards Brawl AM First Time Award Mufasa Yoshi NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month Level 100 Award 
Total Awards: 15

Send a message via Yahoo to Brandyn Send a message via Skype™ to Brandyn 3DS Friend Code: 3282-3036-3021 PSN ID: Brandyn_Johnson WiiU ID: Brandyn_Johnson
Feminism is supposedly equal rights, and I have no problem with that.

However, I always thought that the rule where boys cannot hit girls yet girls can hit boys was unfair. In many households, it is actually the wife that abuses the man. Some serious abuse, no matter how ridiculous that sounds. How come that Women beating on men is not taken quite as seriously? No, a man should never hit a woman ever....but shouldn't that go vice versa as well?

Nintendo/PlayStation Network ID: Brandyn_Johnson

Ultra Street Fighter IV mains: Gen, Dudley, Ryu
Tekken Revolution mains: Steve Fox, Kazuya
Tekken 6 mains: Steve Fox, Jin, Hwoarang
King of Fighters XIII team: Ryo/Kim Kaphwan/Joe
Old 05-14-2010, 11:01 PM   #8
Megas75
A Goddamn Philistine
Points: 22,475, Level: 93 Points: 22,475, Level: 93 Points: 22,475, Level: 93
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 3x SNES Controller User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Poke Doll User owns 2x Chao
User owns 1x Black Mage User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Heart Tank

My Mood: Twisted
Megas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Monster Poster Profile of the Month Award News Reporter Welcome Wagon Royalty Poster 
Total Awards: 7

My friend considers feminist and fascism the same thing, just thought I'd throw that out there
Old 05-15-2010, 12:39 AM   #9
Phapt

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Game View Post
Feminism is supposedly equal rights, and I have no problem with that.

However, I always thought that the rule where boys cannot hit girls yet girls can hit boys was unfair. In many households, it is actually the wife that abuses the man. Some serious abuse, no matter how ridiculous that sounds. How come that Women beating on men is not taken quite as seriously? No, a man should never hit a woman ever....but shouldn't that go vice versa as well?
I believe that's another example.
Old 05-15-2010, 03:36 AM   #10
Beasty
Fierce Deity
Points: 629, Level: 12 Points: 629, Level: 12 Points: 629, Level: 12
User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Harp of Ages User owns 1x Rod Of Seasons

My Mood: Fine
Beasty is just really niceBeasty is just really niceBeasty is just really niceBeasty is just really niceBeasty is just really nice

Friend Codes
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarymoth View Post
well i said it was a little bit off topic