Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > Sony PlayStation

Notices

Sony PlayStation Post anything relating to Sony PlayStation here.

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 06:06 PM   #1
Brandyn
The Gentleman
Points: 56,438, Level: 100 Points: 56,438, Level: 100 Points: 56,438, Level: 100
User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 2x SNES Controller User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Four Sword
User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 1x Fire Element

My Mood: Gaming
Brandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards Brawl AM First Time Award Mufasa Yoshi NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month Level 100 Award 
Total Awards: 15

Send a message via Yahoo to Brandyn Send a message via Skype™ to Brandyn 3DS Friend Code: 3282-3036-3021 PSN ID: Brandyn_Johnson WiiU ID: Brandyn_Johnson
PSP Go: Is it worth the upgrade?

While we all know that DS loves to upgrade every 5 minutes, PSP loves to upgrade as well. The only thing is that PSP is usually worth it, with add ons that are meaningful to the system and not just luxuries. However in the case of the PSP Go, is it worth the upgrade?

Nintendo/PlayStation Network ID: Brandyn_Johnson

Ultra Street Fighter IV mains: Gen, Dudley, Ryu
Tekken Revolution mains: Steve Fox, Kazuya
Tekken 6 mains: Steve Fox, Jin, Hwoarang
King of Fighters XIII team: Ryo/Kim Kaphwan/Joe
Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-2010, 02:40 PM   #2
K!NGZACH
Points: 337, Level: 6 Points: 337, Level: 6 Points: 337, Level: 6
User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance

K!NGZACH will become famous soon enough

PSN ID: zMd113
Ok, I speak from experience so listen to me carefully.
The PSPgo is really for the "on the go" type of person. Prior to the Go I owned a 1000 since launch, I took it with me for a while but I obviously had to take the system, games, memory cards etc. it really became a hassel. So I got the PSPgo at launch and I'm glad I did. I take it with me all the time now. Best part is no games, just downloads, so if you want a new game you don't have to go to the store just hop on PSN and BAM!

Important ---> However some classic PSP games that I love aren't on PSN right now, so be sure and check out PSN and see if there are games that you want to play before you buy a PSPgo. After all it's all about the games.

Other stuff I love about it:
Much better screen resolution! I mean MUCH, MUCH BETTER!!!!
16gb it holds a lot more than you think / You can also use memory cards
Fits in your pocket
In game pause feature

Not such good stuff:
The built in browser still sucks.

Old 06-06-2010, 07:46 PM   #3
Zero
WISE FWOM YOUR GWAVE
Points: 3,877, Level: 39 Points: 3,877, Level: 39 Points: 3,877, Level: 39
User owns 1x Poke Ball User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Z-Saber User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Nintendo DS
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote

My Mood: Amused
Zero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Poster Super Member Royalty 
Total Awards: 4

The PSP Go is worthless compared to the 3000, and way overpriced.
Old 06-06-2010, 09:46 PM   #4
Princess Elle
Nintendo King/Queen
Points: 16,966, Level: 83 Points: 16,966, Level: 83 Points: 16,966, Level: 83

My Mood: Angelic
Princess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to behold

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Royalty Yoshi Sheriff Medic Princess Award Poster NFF Promoter 
Total Awards: 8

Send a message via ICQ to Princess Elle Send a message via AIM to Princess Elle Send a message via MSN to Princess Elle Send a message via Yahoo to Princess Elle Send a message via Skype™ to Princess Elle PSN ID: ElleFan98 Xbox Live Gamertag: Willgetonesoon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
The PSP Go is worthless compared to the 3000, and way overpriced.
That doesn't even make sense... The Go has all the features of the 3000 and more... And the price isn't bad.

And Zach, you forgot Bluetooth and the ability to use PS3 controller with it.
Sometimes we fall...so
Fall on Jesus
Fall on Jesus
Fall on Jesus and live!
- Untitled Hymn (Come To Jesus) -
-Chris Rice-
Old 06-06-2010, 10:18 PM   #5
Zero
WISE FWOM YOUR GWAVE
User owns 1x Poke Ball User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Z-Saber User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Nintendo DS

Zero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase

The fact that it's purely digital and the laughably ridiculous prices for downloading games is what makes it worthless. 9 times out of 10 you can get a brand new, physical copy of the same game for less money; something is very wrong there. Features-wise, though, you're correct. And the price isn't that bad? For 50 more dollars you can buy a PS3. The Go isn't a worldwide failure for no good reason. Just sayin'.
Old 06-07-2010, 02:26 AM   #6
Brandyn
The Gentleman
Points: 56,438, Level: 100 Points: 56,438, Level: 100 Points: 56,438, Level: 100
User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 2x SNES Controller User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Four Sword
User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 1x Fire Element

Brandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards Brawl AM First Time Award Mufasa Yoshi NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month Level 100 Award 
Total Awards: 15

Send a message via Yahoo to Brandyn Send a message via Skype™ to Brandyn 3DS Friend Code: 3282-3036-3021 PSN ID: Brandyn_Johnson WiiU ID: Brandyn_Johnson
Quote:
The fact that it's purely digital and the laughably ridiculous prices for downloading games is what makes it worthless. 9 times out of 10 you can get a brand new, physical copy of the same game for less money; something is very wrong there. Features-wise, though, you're correct. And the price isn't that bad? For 50 more dollars you can buy a PS3. The Go isn't a worldwide failure for no good reason. Just sayin'.
That is true, it is only a smidge less than the PS3. You might as well for that money....
So I should stick with my 3000?

Nintendo/PlayStation Network ID: Brandyn_Johnson

Ultra Street Fighter IV mains: Gen, Dudley, Ryu
Tekken Revolution mains: Steve Fox, Kazuya
Tekken 6 mains: Steve Fox, Jin, Hwoarang
King of Fighters XIII team: Ryo/Kim Kaphwan/Joe
Old 06-07-2010, 02:50 AM   #7
Mobius
Banned

Mobius is on a distinguished road

You should probably spend your money on a Game Boy Advance, the greatest handheld system known to man.
Old 06-07-2010, 03:51 AM   #8
Princess Elle
Nintendo King/Queen
Points: 16,966, Level: 83 Points: 16,966, Level: 83 Points: 16,966, Level: 83

My Mood: Angelic
Princess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to behold

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Royalty Yoshi Sheriff Medic Princess Award Poster NFF Promoter 
Total Awards: 8

Send a message via ICQ to Princess Elle Send a message via AIM to Princess Elle Send a message via MSN to Princess Elle Send a message via Yahoo to Princess Elle Send a message via Skype™ to Princess Elle PSN ID: ElleFan98 Xbox Live Gamertag: Willgetonesoon
Quote:
Okay... First people complain about crappy UMDs, not they complain 'cause there is none... I have a feeling you guys just need something to complain about.
Sometimes we fall...so
Fall on Jesus
Fall on Jesus
Fall on Jesus and live!
- Untitled Hymn (Come To Jesus) -
-Chris Rice-
Old 06-07-2010, 06:35 AM   #9
AlloftheAbove
Numbah Wan
Points: 22,921, Level: 93 Points: 22,921, Level: 93 Points: 22,921, Level: 93
User owns 1x Purple Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Yellow Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Red Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Light Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Grey Chaos Emerald

AlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Review of the Month Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award NFF Referrer Review of the Month Review of the Month Review of the Month 
Total Awards: 37

3DS Friend Code: 4382-1995-8800 Xbox Live Gamertag: RaptorWaffles WiiU ID: AlloftheAbove
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobius View Post
You should probably spend your money on a Game Boy Advance, the greatest handheld system known to man.

Old 06-07-2010, 12:46 PM   #10
Zero
WISE FWOM YOUR GWAVE

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Elle View Post
Okay... First people complain about crappy UMDs, not they complain 'cause there is none... I have a feeling you guys just need something to complain about.
Zero has never complained about UMD.