Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > Media Entertainment > Movie Reviews

Notices

Movie Reviews Post your movie reviews here.

Closed Review

Review Tools
Toy Story 3
Toy Story 3
Published by Brandyn
06-22-2010
Author review
Movie RatingN/A
Average N/A%
Toy Story 3

I'm going to try to keep this short and to the point. I truthfully went into this film not fully knowing what to expect. I stayed optimistic, but in the back of my mind, I was a little bit worried about what they would make of this. Needless to say, all my negative worries were laid to rest when the movie first came on.

But first, I must tackle an issue that many people seem to have. "I want to see Toy Story as bad as the next guy, but I don't want to be seen seeing such a film in public because I'm too old."
You people in this category are not true fans, and if you refuse to see it for that reason alone, then you don't maybe deserve to. I mean, I myself am out of the phase of watching cartoons and animated films, but I simply had to make an exception for Toy Story 3, only because I just love the first two that much and they were my first animated movies and my favorite. To this day, not even any other Pixar movies really hold a candle to them.
First of all, the whole reason they waited over a decade for this film, was because all you people that saw it were kids just like Andy. And now you're young adults just like Andy. And, if your peers are not going to be watching this, then you don't have to worry about running into them at the theatre for it. I mean, yes you could wait until the DVD comes out sure, but the animation can only be done justice if seen on a huge movie theatre size screen.
Also, if you're an adult who was ever grown up during the first two films, you can still have nolstagia value in the fact that they've resurrected many Toys from past generations. Like those telephones on wheels, of the Barbie and Ken models from the 80's.

The series ages like we do, which I must admit was very impressive. But aside from the familiar faces, voices, and fun, I loved the allegory behind it all. Because we aged like Andy, I think the film was trying to teach us all a lesson about toys and what they mean to children, like the first two. Only in this case, it tackles that issue of what kids do to their toys after High School. We throw them away because they are symbolic in a way of our childhoods, and we'd like to shake our childhoods when we first enter young adulthood. The toys being desperate to have Andy play with them, is sort of like our younger selves being desperate to not become lost, if that makes sense. Overall, the story was pretty solid. There are plenty of laughs, as well as those classic heartfelt moments only found in Disney.

The animation was gorgeous. It felt strangley new, yet just as familiar as the other 2 classics. I did see it in "Real" 3D, but if you want to save a couple dollars, 3D doesn't really make much of a difference because you don't have many things popping out of the screen at you.

Overall, young or old, Toy Story 3 is definately worth seeing, and the perfect conclusion to an excellent series. It has restored my faith in Pixar.
Sponsored Links
By Mobius on 06-22-2010, 05:07 PM
*definitely
By Linkage on 06-22-2010, 07:40 PM
Been wanting to see this movie in 3D sad that it was nothing special kg. i will still see it in 3d even though they should of really made the 3d spectacular.
By Brandyn on 06-22-2010, 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linkage View Post
Been wanting to see this movie in 3D sad that it was nothing special kg. i will still see it in 3d even though they should of really made the 3d spectacular.
Yeah the 3D is nothing special as there aren't many things to pop out of the screen at you, but it doesn't hurt I guess.
By Megas75 on 06-23-2010, 12:00 AM
Best trilogy yet
By Brandyn on 06-23-2010, 01:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibarra75 View Post
Best trilogy yet
Yes (sorry Back to the Future).
By Megas75 on 06-23-2010, 01:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Game View Post
Yes (sorry Back to the Future).
(and StarWars IV-VI)
By Mobius on 06-23-2010, 02:59 AM
What about Sergio Leone's Dollars trilogy?
Closed Review