Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Member Game Reviews > Other Reviews

Notices

Other Reviews Playstation, Xbox, PC, or any other console game Review. Also console reviews too

Comment

Review Tools
Splinter Cell Conviction
Splinter Cell Conviction
The return of Sam Fisher
Published by Cloud7
06-22-2010
Author review
Graphics
95%95%95%
Storyline
90%90%90%
Controls/Gameplay
95%95%95%
Sound
70%70%70%
Average 88%
Splinter Cell Conviction

I'm back!!!!!!!!! And I'm dishing out the scoop on Splinter Cell Conviction.

Well Lemme just dig right on down into this. So if you played Splinter Cell Double Agent you'll know exactly what is going on in this game if not you might be lost like hell for a while but here are the basics from Splinter Cell Double Agent real fast for those that haven't played it. So basically at the first of the Double Agent game Sam's daughter Sarah dies because of a drunk driver and Sam goes into a depression and so they send him on the toughest mission of his life where he eventually kills his best friend and goes rouge after completing his mission. The reason i told you that is because this game is all about a question. And the question is..."did Sarah die in that car accident with the drunk driver?" oh yes I totally went there haha. So basically he receives intel saying that Sarah never died in that car accident so he goes back home to try and see if she is still alive.
But be warned Sam Fisher isn't as nice as he use to be if anyone gets in between him and the truth they don't have a prayer.
If you wanna find out more then look up the spoilers and stuff but I would suggest you just play the game and see how it turns out.

So the graphics are by far one of the best parts of the game running of the Havok engine. The light and dark effects were really quite good because when you are invisible instead of making the screen where you can't see anything it turns it black and white instead which makes gameplay alot better and when you are in light you get a fully colorful screen and everything looks awesome. And Sam's appearance just reeks of renegade because he is not dressed up in his usual sneaking gear he is just in normal clothes which is cool.

The controls are alot different from the past games but the changes are great because it just seems to have a good flow to them. Some of the execution controls can be a bit glitchy if you don't go to the right spot with a person you are interrogating but hey it's not a big deal. The sneaking is still a good part in the control area and they have fixed some of the glitches from the past like the one where you wanna roll and you end up jumping and everyone comes rushing in and rapes you while you try to run away.

The sound is pretty good but the alert music still pisses me off just like every other game with that buzzing noise idk why but i just hate that. And the voice overs for the characters are great mad props to the people that voiced these characters!!!

All in all the game is on my list of must plays if you got an Xbox 360 run to the nearest grocery store and tell them you want to order Sam Fisher right now!!! Then when they think you are totally insane you can go to your favorite game store and buy a copy of it and take home for you to enjoy. This game is also equipped with multiplayer and when I get my XBL back imma play through that mode as well and I'll add a part to this review about it and let you guys know. With many weapons and gadgets to choose from you'll have hours and hours of fun! This game has an unforgettable story line and it brings closure to Sam Fisher's story.

Well that's All I got for now but I'll bring more reviews to the table real soon.

~Cloud
Published by
Silent Lurker
Cloud7 will become famous soon enoughCloud7 will become famous soon enough
Sponsored Links
By Mario on 06-22-2010, 06:45 PM
Awesome to have you back Cloud! I see you haven't lost your touch with the reviews!
By AlloftheAbove on 06-23-2010, 03:24 AM
Your ideas and opinions are good, but try to work on your grammar.
By Beasty on 06-24-2010, 04:45 AM
personally i like this review but i found this small error:
I'll add a part "ot" this review
By Cloud7 on 06-24-2010, 10:04 AM
Member reviews
Graphics
95%95%95%
Storyline
90%90%90%
Controls/Gameplay
95%95%95%
Sound
70%70%70%
Average 88%
Thank you for pointing that out Beasty. Lemme go edit that real fast.

~Cloud
By Wiidude on 07-02-2010, 12:28 PM
Wiidude has played this game at a friends house. Wiidude agrees with the review.
By SirManguydude on 07-02-2010, 02:09 PM
I like how they sped it up, so it isn't as slow as it used to be, but I hate the flashback mission, as it ruined the flow.
Comment