Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Member Game Reviews > Other Reviews

Notices

Other Reviews Playstation, Xbox, PC, or any other console game Review. Also console reviews too

Comment

Review Tools
God of War
God of War
Conquest, Destiny, Revenge.
Published by Cloud7
07-02-2010
Author review
Graphics
95%95%95%
Storyline
95%95%95%
Controls/Gameplay
80%80%80%
Sound
85%85%85%
Average 89%
God of War

Welcome to my Special Trilogy Walkthrough of Awesomeness!!!
These don't come around often so you better enjoy the trilogy because it is so big it's gonna be in 3 parts. Just incase you are wondering lemme answer your question as to what games this will be over. God of War, God of War 2, and Finally on God of War 3. This game and the second game were on the God of War collection disc that Sony released on Ps3.

Ok we're going to start with the first game in this one. God of War follows Kratos, a spartan warrior, who is hell bent on revenge and will stop at nothing to murder Aries, the god of war, for betraying him in the worst way humanly immaginable.

Lemme just put this in my own words and discribe the story a little bit.

Aries has waged war on Athens and is litterally tearing the city to peices and the other gods on Olympus are very upet with Aries so they use their last remaining resource to kill Aries someone who already wants revenge, Kratos. So Kratos goes on a journey of Epic proportions facing monsters, Titans, and even Death itself just to get ahold to one item that will give him the power to destroy a god, Pandora's Box.

So since I had the game on the God of War collection Disc the graphics were hella inproved from the original game on ps2 and overall it runs alot smoother than the original. So needless to say the graphics to this game inproved on an already great look from the original. The Landscapes are extremely....Vast I mean it gives you the sense as if it is taking forever to get somewhere when you are out in the open. But since most of this game takes place in Temple Pandora it doesn't get to show it off too many times but when it does you'll know it. Btw Temple Pandora is FREAKIN HUGE!!!!!!

Controls/Gameplay

The controls for this game had a very good feel to them. In other words the control had a nice flow to them with little to no hard to handle moments. The only part of the controls that I hated were the climbing controls they were the only sticky parts and they pissed me completely off and I hate them with a flaming passion. The bosses featured finishers that involve button presses and other things and some of the monsters do as well. And for the Gameplay Mechanic it's pretty straight forward hack and slash kill everything in your way. And while you're doing all this killing you get alot of new Magic attacks. This really gripes my ass too that you only get one new weapon!!!! >.> You get the sword that slayed the Titans and it isn't that useful at low power so you gotta max it for it to be worth any use. Other than killing a few enemies with it I didn't find too much use for it.

Ok I don't have too much to say for the sound. Pretty much all I gotta say is that some of the battle music was pretty good and then some was just really epic sounding. And that's pretty much it.

Well I hope you enjoyed part one to the trilogy and I'm going to start working on part 2 right away.

~Cloud
Sponsored Links
By AlloftheAbove on 07-02-2010, 08:52 AM
Using a lot of colloquialism there, but your thoughts and ideas are good.
I haven't played this game, and I don't really want to. This review hasn't pushed me in either direction.
By Mario on 07-06-2010, 10:51 AM
This game looks good. Good review Cloud. Is this a 3rd Person or 1st Person game?
By ~Krystal~ on 07-06-2010, 01:24 PM
It's a third person action-adventure game.
Comment