Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > Media Entertainment > Movie Reviews

Notices

Movie Reviews Post your movie reviews here.

Closed Review

Review Tools
The Twilight Saga: Eclipse
Published by Brandyn
07-05-2010
Author review
Movie RatingN/A
Average N/A%

Well, you probably want a flaming review of how terrible this film was since the first two were not that great. If that's the case...you may want to hit the back button because I actually kind of liked this film.

Twilight: the story of a confused teenage girl who is so undesirable, the only men that want her is a gay vampire and a boy who shapeshifts into a werewolf. I read the first two books and just stopped after that. The books, true enough, are indeed piles of stinky doo-doo (yes that was immature but I believe an accurate description.)
While the movies aren't great either, they are at least tolerable on a level...I can at least stomache them. They're not wonderful....but much less painful than reading the books. The books are long, drawn out, and when you have to use your imagination to imagine these characters, they just seem so dramatically over the top and stupid sounding. At least the movies have attractive actors/actressess to look at, decent cinematography, pretty decent CGI, and some interesting action sequences while cutting out some of the unneccessary blabber in the books. So the point is, like most book/movie adaptations you have to sort of look at them seperately. Except in most cases where the books are better....I think it's the other way around with the Twilight Saga.

That said, I still have yet to read the Eclipse and Breaking Dawn books, but if they're as bad as the first two books...I'm really not sure if I ever will. So I went into this film with really no expectations at all. The trailer did showcase some cool looking things so I had nothing better to do, and no other movies to see (except Last Airbender, but anytime EVERYBODY film and moviegoers alike agrees something sucks...it must not be too great but I still might check it out.)

Eclipse, was definately an improvement over the first two entries of the film saga. I will admit I was actually entertained by the "drama" as Bella is still torn between Edward Cullen and Jacob Black. This time, it turns out that a boy who went missing over a year ago had been attacked by a vampire, and he plans to make a vampire army to invade the city. So it turns out that Ed and Jake must actually put their differences aside and join forces to protect Bella and Forks. You have to admit: A vampire army sounds awesome. Especially when they are being fought off by wolves.
Well....that's what the premise is, but of course we only actually get glimpses of that little ole' vampire army in between the on-going love triangle of Bella, Edward, and Jacob.

So, overall...Eclipse was probably better than I expected. Lately, I've just decided to be open minded so I went into the film with an open mind and without really any expectations, and I was actually entertained. Maybe not in the way I was supposed to be as I couldn't help but sometimes laugh at the movie instead of with it, but I was entertained in a way and not bored to tears.

If there's nothing else at your cinema, and you have nothing better to do...I deem Eclipse that you wont regret having wasted time and money and you wont want to kill yourself or claw your eyes out. Fair enough?
Sponsored Links
By Megas75 on 07-05-2010, 08:06 PM
GameBoy giving a Twilight movie a positive review?! So the world will end in 2012!

Bad jokes aside, this was a good review, though there is one thing I disagree with

Quote:
The books, true enough, are indeed piles of stinky doo-doo (yes that was immature but I believe an accurate description.)
While the movies aren't great either, they are at least tolerable on a level...
I think the books are far more toleable than the movies, from what I can tell, the books got insanely popular only because the movie was(at least where I live anyway)
By Brandyn on 07-05-2010, 11:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibarra75 View Post
GameBoy giving a Twilight movie a positive review?! So the world will end in 2012!

Bad jokes aside, this was a good review, though there is one thing I disagree with

I think the books are far more toleable than the movies, from what I can tell, the books got insanely popular only because the movie was(at least where I live anyway)

Well, for me, I think the books are worse because they really contain alot of completey unneccessary scenes and dialouge. And again, these characters just seem idiotic when you imagine them without visualization.

Usually, books are indeed better than movie adaptations but I personally think in Twilight's case, it's the other way around. However, again I didn't read the Eclipse and Breaking Dawn books so maybe I'll check them out.
By Mobius on 07-06-2010, 01:21 PM
The books are some of the worst things ever conceived. The movies are just bad movies.
By Brandyn on 07-06-2010, 03:19 PM
Well I'll put it this way: this one could have been worse. It wasn't as bad as it could have been.
By Pokeman on 07-06-2010, 04:28 PM
why did you even see this movie in the first place
By Cam3ron36@NFF on 07-06-2010, 10:30 PM
I would think the books would be worse since you have to hear the idiot main characters idiotic thoughts.
By Brandyn on 07-07-2010, 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam3ronNFF View Post
I would think the books would be worse since you have to hear the idiot main characters idiotic thoughts.
Exactly.
Yeah she shares her thoughts in the movies too during those terrible montage scenes or what not, but not every single one. In the book, you have to see every single one of her thoughts and I know she's the main character, and the book takes place completely from her point of view but really nobody cares how much in inexplicable detail she loves Edward.
By Cam3ron36@NFF on 07-07-2010, 05:42 PM
As my brother once said/mocked; it's not love, it is seduction and she's an idiot for thinking it's love.
By Brandyn on 07-08-2010, 12:09 AM
While we're talking about it, who else agreed that "Newborn vampires are stronger because they still have their human blood in their tissues," or if it should have been the other way around...
Closed Review