Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > Media Entertainment > Music Reviews

Notices

Music Reviews Post your Music reviews here.

Closed Review

Review Tools
Glee: The Music, Vol. 1
Glee Cast
Published by Rai17
07-28-2010
Author review
Rate the Music
90%90%90%
Average 90%

Vocals (cast)This CD's amazing, seriously! If you didn't like artists like Joruney, Jordin Sparks, Old School Rap, or Broadway, you will now.

Track number/Song/Original Artist
1."Don't Stop Believin'" Journey
2."Can't Fight This Feeling" REO Speedwagon
3."Gold Digger" Kanye West feat. Jamie Foxx
4."Take a Bow" Rihanna
5."Bust Your Windows" Jazmine Sullivan
6."Taking Chances" Platinum Weird / Celine Dion
7."Alone" (featuring Kristin Chenoweth)Heart
8."Maybe This Time" (featuring Kristin Chenoweth)Liza Minnelli in the film Cabaret
9."Somebody to Love" Queen
10."Hate on Me" Jill Scott
11."No Air" Jordin Sparks and Chris Brown
12."You Keep Me Hangin' On" The Supremes
13."Keep Holding On" Avril Lavigne
14."Bust a Move" Young MC
15."Sweet Caroline" Neil Diamond
16."Dancing with Myself" Generation X / Billy Idol
17."Defying Gravity" Idina Menzel, Kristin Chenoweth, and the cast of Wicked

Track Reviews:

"Don't Stop Believin'"
(In The Show....) This is the first song in the show the original Glee Club sings. Very inspirational, and emotional. (In the CD) This song is a +1UP compared to the Journey version. Not only can guys listen to it, but girls can sing to it as well! And the acapella start is AMAZING.

"Can't Fight This Feeling"
(In The Show....) It's the song Finn sings in the Boys' Locker Room Showers when Glee Club director Mr. Schuester hears him. (In the CD) This song really helps you when you just give up, and accept who you are, and how you feel..

"Gold Digger"
(In The Show....) As Mr. Schuester tryies to show the boys how to walk and sing, he uses this song as an example, starting with Mercedes. (In the CD) This song really sounds like a soul, or a church song, but anyone can get to the beat Thank you, Jamie Foxx.

"Take A Bow"
(In The Show....) Rachel sings this when she's alone after Finn and her have a moment.. (In the CD) This really sounds like a good karaoke version compared to Rihanna.. All in all, Lea Michelle's voice is still amazing.

"Bust Your Windows"
(In The Show....) Mercedes sings this in the Glee Club car wash after she busts Kurt's car window, because she was led on by the Glee girls that Kurt liked her, but Kurt (being in the closet) tells Mercedes he likes Rachel. (In the CD) It sounds just like in the show

"Taking Chances"
One word: Inspirational :3

"Alone"
This song really gets to you... It's a bit better than the original version..

"Maybe This Time"
This track boosts your confidence to try your shot at love again.

"Somebody To Love"
A really good choir song !!

"Hate on Me"
(In The Show....) Cheerleader coach Sue Sylvester becomes the Glee Clubs's Co-director, and seperates the club by making her team (A team made of the club's members that really don't get solos...) sing this song to express their anger for the Club's popular kids.. (In the CD) This song really makes you feel anger, and your second senses.

"No Air"
(In The Show....) [Referring to the Hate on Me description] Mr. Schuester gets his team to sing this song, but for several reasons. (In the CD) THIS SONG IS AWESOME! Anyone can sing to it, and it's alot better than the original version!!

"You Keep Me Hangin' On"
(In The Show....) Cheerleader Quinn sings this to express her feelings toward Finn, and her cheerleading life, and her pregnancy :/ (In the CD) It's more of an "epiphany" song.

"Keep Holding On"
This song's really sweet

"Bust a Move"
(In The Show....) Mr. Schuester sings it (In the CD) Meh, they only pronounce the words more precisely.

"Sweet Caroline"
(In The Show....) Puck sings this to Quinn to express his feelings towars HIS baby D: (In the CD) This song really makes you think.

"Dancing With Myself"
(In The Show....) Artie sings this to express his handicapped status...He's the guy in the wheelchair :/ (In The CD) It's a good song to uplift your spirits.

"Defying Gravity"
(In The Show....) Kurt and Rachel compete for this solo (which is for a female), and Rachel gets it when Kurt purposely throws in the towel. He still sings it really good... (In the CD) They re-sing this song so that is sounds like a duet. It's really amazing

All in all, It's an AWESOME CD. I suggest you watch the show before buying this album.
Sponsored Links
By ~Krystal~ on 07-29-2010, 05:37 AM
XD

I listened to the CD before watching the show. I liked most of the songs, especially the Journey one. I can tell this review was written by a passionate fan. Good stuff. Thanks for telling me about Glee, Rai.
By Mario on 07-29-2010, 09:41 AM
Very well written review Rai! I can tell somebody is a big fan.
By Rai17 on 07-29-2010, 05:22 PM
Err, the format of the songs didn't go so well ><

I'll review Vol. 2 today hopefully
Closed Review

Tags
glee