Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > Media Entertainment > Music Reviews

Notices

Music Reviews Post your Music reviews here.

Closed Review

Review Tools
90's - Collective Soul - Collective Soul
90's - Collective Soul - Collective Soul
Extravegant
Published by Cam3ron36@NFF
08-03-2010
Author review
Rate the Music
85%85%85%
Average 85%
Post 90's - Collective Soul - Collective Soul

Collective Soul
Collective Soul

Embrace the essence in the beginning of what is now Collective Soul.

Collective Soul may not be your cup of tea today with all of todays whatever you call that computer generated stuff that's so popular for some reason but the fact is that this band hit it big in the 90's for their amazing songs backed up by excellent vocals, guitars, drums you name it.

What I particularily enjoy about this album over their first album is the appearence of some of the greatest songs by this band to date, something "Hints Allegations & Things Left Unsaid" lacked. all their first album introduced was the well known "Shine" everyone would reckonize in a heartbeat. Unfortunately there is only about 4 really good songs in this album but it can be guaranteed that their familiar to you. This is actually how I got back into collective soul. I was familiar with the songs I hear throughout my childhood and from that moment was hooked.

Collective Soul is around today and going strong, unfortunately rock has sliden under the popularity of most of todays population for that other music that captivates todays youth. I've always felt that rock is a superior genre continously however since it never has been disliked and has always had quite a following as does true fans of collective soul today with well ove 100 songs now and plenty of good ones to keep you satisfied.

Throughout this album it's not about the quantity of good songs as much as it is about the absolute quality of there greats found in this album.

Gel

The World I Know

December

Please note that the best song can not be found non-live and none of these show the correct album cover.

For reading, comment if you please
Sponsored Links
By Mobius on 08-03-2010, 02:10 PM
Starting off with a condescending remark about electronic music and those who enjoy it is not the best move. Also, your syntax is super weird. Just write how you speak, no need to sound complex or anything. And no offense, but it doesn't seem you are really knowledgeable enough about music to be writing music reviews, or at least to make really bold statements like "rock isn't popular today."
By Cam3ron36@NFF on 08-03-2010, 02:36 PM
Quote:
And no offense, but it doesn't seem you are really knowledgeable enough about music to be writing music reviews
None taken, I just want to write about some of my favourite albums from some of my favourite 90's bands. I know quite a bit about the bands I like. I somewhat dislike todays music but all my friends like it so I tolerate it.

Quote:
or at least to make really bold statements like "rock isn't popular today."
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
I've always felt that rock is a superior genre continously
Sorry, don't follow.
By Mobius on 08-04-2010, 12:45 AM
You said
Quote:
rock has sliden under the popularity of most of todays population for that other music that captivates todays youth.
Rock is as popular as ever.
By Cam3ron36@NFF on 08-04-2010, 11:38 AM
not where I live by a long shot. There is like my brother and I that like rock and the rest of the city likes millenium pop or whatever.
By Mobius on 08-04-2010, 01:07 PM
What, among kids your age? Think bigger.
By Cam3ron36@NFF on 08-04-2010, 04:07 PM
among adults it would be old school easy listening or country.
Closed Review