Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > General Chat > Debate Forum

Notices

Debate Forum This is the Debate forum engage in serious debates here.

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2010, 10:50 PM   #1
Final Flourish
Light Grenade
Points: 5,497, Level: 47 Points: 5,497, Level: 47 Points: 5,497, Level: 47
User owns 1x Pegasuses Boots User owns 1x Magic Cape Feather User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x Poke Doll

My Mood: Devilish
Final Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to behold

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Royalty Poster 
Total Awards: 2

Suspension, best solution?

Just wanted to bring this up.

I'm pretty sure we all know what suspension is, amirite?

When you're inside or within the vicinity of a school this will usually be the price you pay for breaking a rule.

But is it the best solution? Is it the best discipline?

If one students would to harm another would giving them a month vacation really be the best way to deal with the abuser?

If a bunch of students decided to smoke in the back of the school is giving them a year at home to steal and smoke their parents cigarettes really be solving anything?

I think having them do public volunteer work benefit them more. Later in life they'll find out that you pay for wrongdoings. Giving them a vacation at home isn't showing them that at all.

so NFF, I ask you.
Is suspension the best solution?
BTW I'm not talking about kids in their 12s, think more of high school.
Old 08-29-2010, 11:08 PM   #2
Pokeman
Good ol PT
Points: 13,897, Level: 76 Points: 13,897, Level: 76 Points: 13,897, Level: 76

My Mood: Woot
Pokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to behold

Awards Showcase
Poster 
Total Awards: 1

Send a message via Skype™ to Pokeman PSN ID: Pityflame WiiU ID: Pityflame
yes, it works.

you miss a shit ton of work you gotta make up. won't make you wanna get suspended ever again.
Old 08-29-2010, 11:16 PM   #3
Final Flourish
Light Grenade
User owns 1x Pegasuses Boots User owns 1x Magic Cape Feather User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x Poke Doll

Final Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to behold

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Royalty Poster 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokeman View Post
yes, it works.

you miss a shit ton of work you gotta make up. won't make you wanna get suspended ever again.
This is flawed.
They usually send you the work to do.

And a school's discipline shouldn't be that you fail.
There are better methods.
Old 08-30-2010, 12:44 AM   #4
SirManguydude
LoZ Expert
Points: 11,208, Level: 69 Points: 11,208, Level: 69 Points: 11,208, Level: 69
User owns 1x Gold Coin User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Earth Element User owns 1x Mirror Shield User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Fire Element User owns 1x Master Sword
User owns 1x Heart Tank User owns 1x Z-Saber User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Black Belt

My Mood: Lonely
SirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award NFF 3rd Annual Award Royalty Super Member Good Grammar Award Yoshi Signature of the Month Banner of the Month 
Total Awards: 12

Well sometimes it works. Its like being on House Arrest, at first you are like "Man this is going to be awesome." Then as a few days go by, you realize that it isn't awesome because all your friends are in school.

Now what really takes the cake is when the School suspends someone who skips classes.

A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit.

Old 08-30-2010, 12:59 AM   #5
Cam3ron36@NFF
NHL Fanatic
Points: 31,949, Level: 100 Points: 31,949, Level: 100 Points: 31,949, Level: 100
User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 3x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Bullet Bill User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Fighter

My Mood: Gaming
Cam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award Royalty Monster Poster Review of the Month Review of the Month Poster Game Reviewer 
Total Awards: 8

Send a message via Skype™ to Cam3ron36@NFF Xbox Live Gamertag: cam3ron36
What are you, in elementary? I'm sorry but if you're past grade 9 or maybe 8 you do miss a lot of work. I've never been suspended... Oh wait, I had a 2 day in school suspension for pouring water on a kids head back in grade 6. Don't really care. Still, though. Are you kidding? A month? That's like a hundred hours of work give or take, and a year is pretty much getting held back!

Only time the kid won't learn is if his parents don't are and let him/her do whatever they want while they're home and the kid doesn't care to catch up on his/her work.

Another con to being suspended is that it stays on your record for whenever you have to go to college or whatever. The real messed up part is I have a suspension for pouring water on a kids head that tried to beat me up a several dozen times and failed every time and jump kicked my back while I was at a water fountain and I get in trouble for pouring water on his head. Although if I remember that record wiped clean since it was 2 days. Anyways, it's retardiculous and I hated that elementary back however many years that was. (elementaries were Grades K-6 here in canada)
Old 08-30-2010, 01:08 AM   #6
Megas75
A Goddamn Philistine
Points: 24,201, Level: 94 Points: 24,201, Level: 94 Points: 24,201, Level: 94
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 3x SNES Controller User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Poke Doll User owns 2x Chao
User owns 1x Black Mage User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Heart Tank

My Mood: Twisted
Megas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Monster Poster Profile of the Month Award News Reporter Welcome Wagon Royalty Poster 
Total Awards: 7

WiiU ID: Megas75
No it doesnt't, because the kid will still probably cause trouble when they come back after suspension

like that one kid that goes to my school, he's been suspended about a billion times and he still causes shitstorms
Old 08-30-2010, 01:13 AM   #7
Cam3ron36@NFF
NHL Fanatic
Points: 31,949, Level: 100 Points: 31,949, Level: 100 Points: 31,949, Level: 100
User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 3x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Bullet Bill User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Fighter

My Mood: Gaming
Cam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award Royalty Monster Poster Review of the Month Review of the Month Poster Game Reviewer 
Total Awards: 8

Send a message via Skype™ to Cam3ron36@NFF Xbox Live Gamertag: cam3ron36
I remember one kid got suspended 3 times and the fourth time he was expelled.
Old 08-30-2010, 01:56 AM   #8
Pokeman
Good ol PT
Points: 13,897, Level: 76 Points: 13,897, Level: 76 Points: 13,897, Level: 76

My Mood: Woot
Pokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to behold

Awards Showcase
Poster 

Send a message via Skype™ to Pokeman PSN ID: Pityflame WiiU ID: Pityflame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrong Forum bud View Post
This is flawed.
They usually send you the work to do.

And a school's discipline shouldn't be that you fail.
There are better methods.
I didn't say anything about failing
Old 08-30-2010, 03:49 AM   #9
Dudebro
Banned

My Mood: Lurking
Dudebro is a glorious beacon of lightDudebro is a glorious beacon of lightDudebro is a glorious beacon of lightDudebro is a glorious beacon of lightDudebro is a glorious beacon of lightDudebro is a glorious beacon of light

Awards Showcase
NFF 3rd Annual Award 

Suspension is stupid unless it's in house. At least with in house suspension the student is tortured by staying in a classroom all day and not being allowed to do anything fun. Being sent home is not a good punishment even if the parents try to make it miserable.

Quote:
Another con to being suspended is that it stays on your record for whenever you have to go to college or whatever.
No real college cares what you did in elementary school unless you murdered someone or sold drugs. I doubt they even care about high school suspensions unless it affected your oh so important test scores that don't really matter anyways.
Old 08-30-2010, 04:16 AM   #10
Final Flourish
Light Grenade

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Royalty Poster 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam3ronNFF View Post
What are you, in elementary? I'm sorry but if you're past grade 9 or maybe 8 you do miss a lot of work
I've been suspended a few times, and for every single time that I have been suspended they give me a shit load of work to do. I've practically have had to do whole textbooks full of work. But there are kids that won't do the work and will simply come back to school to torment the other kids.

Quote:
Are you kidding? A month? That's like a hundred hours of work give or take, and a year is pretty much getting held back!
A kid at our school was caught smoking in the bathroom. He was suspended for about 6-7 months. I don't know him very well so I'm not sure exactly what he did during those months. What I do know is that when he came back he found a new place to smoke.

Quote:
Only time the kid won't learn is if his parents don't are and let him/her do whatever they want while they're home and the kid doesn't care to catch up on his/her work.
This is what I'm talking about. Obviously if the kid is smoking and hes abusing other kids for no apparent reason then there has to be either one of two things. One, the kid has emotional problems that have to be taken care of professionally. Two, the parents don't give a crap, and it's reflecting on the child. Thus makes suspension and sending him tons of work, if any, pretty pointless.

suspension only works if the student cares.