Nintendo Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Nintendo DS/DSI/3DS

Notices

Nintendo DS/DSI/3DS Anything Nintendo DS, DS Lite, 3DS, and DSi related.

View Poll Results: Should Cam consider the 3ds?
Buy the 3ds the second it comes out! You won't be dissapointed 2 100.00%
Wait it out, judging by your opinion it may not be a good decision. 0 0%
Stay away from the 3ds! 0 0%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 04:03 PM   #1
Cam3ron36@NFF
NHL Fanatic
Points: 31,286, Level: 100 Points: 31,286, Level: 100 Points: 31,286, Level: 100
User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 3x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Bullet Bill User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Fighter

My Mood: Gaming
Cam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award Royalty Monster Poster Review of the Month Review of the Month Poster Game Reviewer 
Total Awards: 8

Send a message via Skype™ to Cam3ron36@NFF Xbox Live Gamertag: cam3ron36
ouch One Last Chance for Redemption (3DS)

As most of you members know here, I'm not exactly a nintendo fan lately. Mostly because I don't like their new consoles and how gimmicky they've become. So don't get me wrong but I think them targetting audiences that never gamed before (ie: girls, little kids) has made them lose touch with what having a good console for people like me is like, thus causing people like me to look the other direction and get a 360 or ps3 in others cases.

For whatever reason I can't find a good console really, let's look at it from my perspective and most of this won't make sense to most of you younger members but this is what I've stuck with for so long:

We had a lot of Nes' back in the day and around the exact same time we were still gaming for the nes and snes while at the n64 throughout the '90s and I absolutely adored the snes and n64 especially, so many good memories on those, to keep this short my brothers and I also adored sega almost as much and would have gone either with sega or nintendo but it wound up nintendo all the time. Holy crap, here comes Gen 5 where a million and one consoles are trying to join and get batted right down. Now a popular brand company jumps in again with golden timing and everyone loves them. They do the same again an destroy the sega empire and couldn't give a crap, nintendos struggling then another company jumps in for gen 6 and because 2 consoles have a dvd player and great timing they beat the gamecube.

Next, nintendo goes for a new strategy with a million controllers and an awkward handheld and tries to revolutionalize the market by targetting everyone with a crazy invention. They become popular so they say eff their old ways and their old fans and now the wii/Ds both are indecent consoles to me as a former huge fan and only very few franchises appeal (NSMB, Pokemon). Here I'm stuck with these 2 consoles I hardly ever use, and I'm sure you're all razzing me for hating them at this moment but I don't hate them, they offer very little to me and I'm dissapointed, however... The Ds happened to strike my attention much more so than the wii and there was a time where I adored it, then nothing good was coming out and theres only a handful of games I enjoy... Also, this happened:

Anyone reckonize this model? It's hard to when nintendo kept shoveling new models on and my brothers and I each have one of these with a practically unplayble screen... I'm not trying to put nintendo down but it's unlike them to make hardware like this and the fact of the matter is I have a ds that is in pretty rough shape even though I took care of it it was destroyed after a week. Maybe not a week to the point it's at today but it had several scratches after every use.

I still use the ds every once in a while because I do like a good few dozen of the games as long as they have a point to me and aren't gimmicky... So, the 3DS does peak my curiosity since the ds did get a right in later models that I am not buying (only like 16 models at that).

I know this post has been dragged out Waaaaay past what I initially intended and I apoligize. I want to know from you guys what this console has to offer since I haven't payed an interest until now, so tell me... What good is coming with the 3ds? I heard a new mario kart which I have hopes for... I'm sure I could research more and I will but I want to hear from real fans too, what you're excited for. Tell me, I'm honestly curious and have a large intention of buying this console considering all the companies are going the gimmicky way and if anyone can do it bes I'm going with the company I've been with for most of my life that still exists in hardware.

Convince me

PS: Don't comment on how my opinion is somehow wrong like last time, take what I said and how I feel about nintendo and tell me if it is worth it. I don't want to hear I'm wrong and this isn't a flame nintendo thread on my part meaning this isn't a flame me thread. Please consider this and we can all be happy, thankyou.

Edit: I will also add apoll, just judge on my opinion prior to this console and what you think of the console if I should buy it.
Old 09-03-2010, 06:03 AM   #2
AlloftheAbove
Numbah Wan
Points: 21,899, Level: 92 Points: 21,899, Level: 92 Points: 21,899, Level: 92
User owns 1x Purple Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Yellow Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Red Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Light Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Grey Chaos Emerald

My Mood: Gaming
AlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award NFF Referrer Review of the Month Review of the Month Review of the Month News Reporter 
Total Awards: 36

3DS Friend Code: 4382-1995-8800 Xbox Live Gamertag: RaptorWaffles WiiU ID: AlloftheAbove
This isn't a new model, though.
Sure, the 3DS Lite is going to be announced 6 months after, but still.

I pick none of those poll options. I say, wait for a while, and if it all seems good, get it.
Old 09-03-2010, 12:04 PM   #3
indiehipster
Banned

indiehipster will become famous soon enough

This thread is silly! you realize that both the 360 and PS3 are just targetting their own markets, right? i dunno why ur so angry with Nintendo, their business market is the same as it has been for the last 15 yrs! youve just grown into a cynical retro fag. your attitude towards the 3DS as some kind of possible saviour is only building up ridiculous expectations. Stop looking to Nintendo to recreate your feelings of nostaligia.

and yeah, If you are interested in the 3DS, then do your own research, my man! Writing a big long thread that nobody cares about is just attention getting

sry, bro!
Closed Thread