Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > General Chat

Notices

General Chat Post away about anything in general just remember no content that would fit in other sections.

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 09:10 PM   #1
Cam3ron36@NFF
NHL Fanatic
Points: 31,510, Level: 100 Points: 31,510, Level: 100 Points: 31,510, Level: 100
User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 3x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Bullet Bill User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Fighter

My Mood: Gaming
Cam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award Royalty Monster Poster Review of the Month Review of the Month Poster Game Reviewer 
Total Awards: 8

Send a message via Skype™ to Cam3ron36@NFF Xbox Live Gamertag: cam3ron36
Post Top 14 Classic Racers

after I made my top 10 nes thread I wanted to do a snes one, an n64 one and so on, however, what's the problem with that? People don't seem to get that it' my top ten and if you all know me by now then you know my taste for games is un-orthadox so hearing "where's zelda" and such a million times is incredibly annoying and you never fail to question my list and it gets extremely tedious extremely quick. So here is a genre I now a lot from the golden days of racers (what I think personally).

I've played a lot back as a kid and I loved the extreme style and approach put to these games, sorry though folks, this list will be consisting highly of nintendo and especially a heavy dose of n64. This list is presented more so of a personal recommendation list, I want to get these names out there. No limit, whatever I choose to honor makes it on the list and the title will be changed accordingly

Now that, that's out of the way without further ado I give you the first game that I choose to honor:

Making my top lists twice now is probably a vaguely familiar game to some, maybe you played it in the arcade, maybe at home on may of the home consoles like the snes, the genesis or even the nes. However you spin it super off road defined itself as an early racer using that top down view you often see in some of those flash games now. Being a 3-player game was very different for this game however not in the consoles this game is still an excellent use of landscape for it's time and an excellent use of controls and the in-game purchasing system. For it's day this game was impressive!

Super Off Road!
Spoiler

Becoming a sequel to the last game on this list for the n64 is an interesting idea and a common one at that. The company had managed to take everything we loved about super offroad and convert into what's known as offroad challenge for the n64 in an all new 3d environment. Unfortunately the game suffers from just not quite feeling right in spite of a bit of awkward controls for a racing game... Despite that it is a minor flaw and is easy to adapt to making offroad challenge a fun and challenging racer.

Offroad Challenge!
Spoiler

taking the lower area of the golden barrel on my list is none other than our beloved Mario Kart 64, don't take that comment badly. It's a good game, a damn good game and you all know it so why this low? don't consider it low, but I like racing games that shout "Extreme" and there is a lot of those out there so the awesome kart racer will be taking the final qualifying finish in my race of glorious games.

Mario Kart 64!
Spoiler

Extreme is how I like it and extreme is where it begins for this sequel to an also great game, however I can't choose between these two games and they are so radically similar that it only seems to group them into the same rank (that and my list is looking huge, lol). These games were definitely a great plan and an idea altogether, aklaim proved something in these futuristic bike racers with weapons and a fast paced challenge. Unfortunately that challenge may have proved a bit much sometimes due to bad camera angles, however it doesn't stop them from taking a spot on this list!

Extreme G I & II!
Spoiler

Hydro Thunder! Everyone that has played this remembers the corny intro of yet another masterpiece by midway. I loved all the great racers midway was putting out in the nineties and there is lots more to come on this list from them. Hydro thunder took it to the stage with wild boats and wild tracks that would entice anyone and although midway is gone there is a clear interest with a sequel to this game being made for xbox a decade later by another company. Oh, and they added a rubber duck boat!

Hydro Thunder!
Spoiler

Nintendo going back to it's routes with this one, I remember how much I enjoyed this bike racing game, especially the level with the jump over that giant crevasse. The bonus games helped in this game including the original nes game and the best part of any game I like... The Mapmaker!!! I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about now! Give it up!

Excitebike 64!
Spoiler

while kemco was near the end of their game they managed to throw out quite a few greats on the n64 while their series wound up dying off later on this was one of the greats that I happened to play and own on the n64, with a few flaws it still manages to be a very enjoyable game with a car painting tool that was awesome!

Top Gear Rally!
Spoiler

When I think about this game being a launch title it amazes me, back then this would have been the... ship back on the n64 due to the amazing 3d visuals introduced back then and especially the wave mechanics just ruled. unfortunately it can get tedious but it's fun none the less...

Wave Race 64!
Spoiler

Time to change it up, into a dreamcast game now, while it was third in the series it was the worst in my opinion. Some people may have liked all the futuristic changes but I didn't like how much harder it became to have deaths and it almost seemed like they tried too hard to make a radical change yet it stayed the same. It may seem like I dislike this game but it's actually great and does persue the heart of the series well with some changes. sOme pretty cool but others were just meh, it still had deaths mode though

San Francisco Rush 2049!
Spoiler

heres one I know you all want to hear, starts with an "F", You all know by this point but this is another joint win... sort of. I am talking about this game combined with the expansion pack for the N64DD. I am not too fond of some very little things about this game but this expansion pack introduced so much epic stuff and an amazing map maker the likes of none other.

F-Zero X with Expansion Kit!
Spoiler

Atari and Midway, you did well and I approve you started a racing series I love and always will. this game was crafted so perfect I have no complaints, the extremity involved the customizabillity of playing the level backwards or in mirror my favourtie part was a death race where you had to out live your 7 opponents and try to finish the race without dieing.

San Francisco Rush!
Spoiler

not actual music but the exact race I usually do minus the wind

Being very, very similar to the rush games this game was also a favourite of mine although it's been ages since I played it I remember loving it just the same and the battle arena with like 20 cars was awesome!

Destruction Derby!
Spoiler

Bet you a lot of you having been waiting for this game as well. Wait no longer it is not making number 1 I'm sorry but I've been saving this one throughout the whole list with good reason. Plain and simple it's awesome and I'm sure most of us who played it think much of the same. My only complaint through the entire game was that it was really hard to beat because of the stupid coin challenges... However the game had excellent races not only in karts but also planes and my favourite, the boats! I also loved the battle mode and I've spent plenty of time facing off against my bros on this, lol. Ladies & Gentlemen, give it up for Diddy Kong racing!!!

Diddy Kong Racing!
Spoiler

my favourite level

Second in it's series and by far the best(it has to be that good to beat dkr, right?) This one being only released on the n64 this time there really isn't much else to say other than the stunt track edition was sweet and having the key searches to unlock cars was awesome and a wonderful idea. The reason I like this one the most is simply because of the fact that almost all of its levels are good especially Seattle... or Alcatraz... or how about New York Uptown where you can drive through a subway if you want! This game takes extreme racing to an all new height!

Rush 2: Extreme Racing USA!
Spoiler

#1 Racing Game

Top Gear 3000!!! This is by far the best racing game I've ever played by a long shot. It has a long ass campaign that depends on the difficulty and offers a great experience with a buy system in it also and money involved. This game is wonderful but unfortunately won't run on most computers with emulators, at least i own the game

Top Gear 3000!

No matter what this will always be my favourite racing game and that will never change. This game far exceeds my expectations of any game. I implore you to buy this game if you ever see it, that is how good it is. If you ever see it, get it without thinking as long as you have a snes. It's brilliant and I made myself really want to go play it, lol

Here is another video to show another level:

Top 14 is what it wound up being, don't complain and please enjoy. Comment if you wish I appreciate it!

find reviews of some of these games by me:

Top Gear 3000: http://www.nintendofanforum.com/show...ight=Cam3ron36

Mario Kart 64: http://www.nintendofanforum.com/show...ight=Cam3ron36

San Francisco Rush (earlier review): http://www.nintendofanforum.com/show...ight=Cam3ron36

Top Gear Rally(one of my first): http://www.nintendofanforum.com/show...ight=Cam3ron36

Super Off Road: http://www.nintendofanforum.com/show...ight=Cam3ron36

Rush 2: http://www.nintendofanforum.com/show...highlight=rush

Last edited by Cam3ron36@NFF; 09-17-2010 at 06:07 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2010, 03:02 AM   #2
Pokeman
Good ol PT
Points: 13,856, Level: 76 Points: 13,856, Level: 76 Points: 13,856, Level: 76

My Mood: Woot
Pokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to behold

Awards Showcase
Poster 
Total Awards: 1

Send a message via Skype™ to Pokeman PSN ID: Pityflame WiiU ID: Pityflame
well, this list wasn't surprising at all.
Old 09-17-2010, 03:20 AM   #3
Lukario
Strangers
Points: 12,361, Level: 72 Points: 12,361, Level: 72 Points: 12,361, Level: 72

Lukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant future

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Super Member NFF Old Man Award Monster Poster NFF 3rd Annual Award Super Member NFF Artist Joker Inventor Award 
Total Awards: 10

Xbox Live Gamertag: deadDEFINED
Where's Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing? Huh? Biased fool.
Old 09-17-2010, 10:55 AM   #4
Cam3ron36@NFF
NHL Fanatic
Points: 31,510, Level: 100 Points: 31,510, Level: 100 Points: 31,510, Level: 100
User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 3x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Bullet Bill User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Fighter

Cam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award Royalty Monster Poster Review of the Month Review of the Month Poster Game Reviewer 

lol, I think I played that game. Some trucker game they had back in my old school...
Old 09-17-2010, 02:48 PM   #5
Lukario
Strangers
Points: 12,361, Level: 72 Points: 12,361, Level: 72 Points: 12,361, Level: 72

Lukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant future

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Super Member NFF Old Man Award Monster Poster NFF 3rd Annual Award Super Member NFF Artist Joker Inventor Award 
Total Awards: 10

Xbox Live Gamertag: deadDEFINED
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam3ronNFF View Post
lol, I think I played that game. Some trucker game they had back in my old school...
It's a good game for people with low self-esteem.
Old 09-17-2010, 05:47 PM   #6
Cam3ron36@NFF
NHL Fanatic

Awards Showcase

lol that's mean

Quote:
well, this list wasn't surprising at all.
How so?

Last edited by Cam3ron36@NFF; 09-17-2010 at 05:55 PM.
Old 10-03-2010, 12:21 PM   #7
Final Flourish
Light Grenade
Points: 5,497, Level: 47 Points: 5,497, Level: 47 Points: 5,497, Level: 47
User owns 1x Pegasuses Boots User owns 1x Magic Cape Feather User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x Poke Doll

My Mood: Devilish
Final Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to behold

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Royalty Poster 
Total Awards: 2

I remember playing diddy kong racing and F-zero back when I was a kid with friends.

Good times..
Old 10-03-2010, 12:26 PM   #8
Pokeman
Good ol PT
Points: 13,856, Level: 76 Points: 13,856, Level: 76 Points: 13,856, Level: 76

My Mood: Woot
Pokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to behold

Awards Showcase
Poster 
Total Awards: 1

Send a message via Skype™ to Pokeman PSN ID: Pityflame WiiU ID: Pityflame
Where is gran turismo 5
Old 10-03-2010, 12:30 PM   #9
Final Flourish
Light Grenade
Points: 5,497, Level: 47 Points: 5,497, Level: 47 Points: 5,497, Level: 47
User owns 1x Pegasuses Boots User owns 1x Magic Cape Feather User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x Poke Doll

My Mood: Devilish
Final Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to behold

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Royalty Poster 
Total Awards: 2

lolz.
Old 10-03-2010, 01:50 PM   #10
Cam3ron36@NFF
NHL Fanatic

Awards Showcase

good ol' pity