Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > General Chat > Debate Forum

Notices

Debate Forum This is the Debate forum engage in serious debates here.

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 11:10 PM   #1
Final Flourish
Light Grenade
Points: 5,497, Level: 47 Points: 5,497, Level: 47 Points: 5,497, Level: 47
User owns 1x Pegasuses Boots User owns 1x Magic Cape Feather User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x Poke Doll

My Mood: Devilish
Final Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to behold

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Royalty Poster 
Total Awards: 2

Should we get involved with the east?

I ask this because in my history class when we took a vote almost the whole class voted no. I was probably the only one that said we should..

The only argument they had to fight me with was that we shouldn't mess with culture and that their culture has developed within hundreds of years..which I think is total bull because women in the middle east didn't always have to wear the veil and they have attempted to get rid of it on their own to no avail.

They also said that the East already has a grudge on the West because of our acts of imperialism back in the days..

But with that's going on in the east side I'm glad things such as the ban of the burqa sprouted up. It shows that a majority of the world are against women enslavement. But this won't stop what happens INSIDE the middle east.

So I ask you NFF, should we get involved with what the east side of the world is doing?

- Should we get involved if women are being buried in the ground and are getting stoned in the middle east?

- Should we get involved if women are seen as lesser then men and have little to no rights in the middle east?

- Should we get involved if the very lips of women are being sowed together in Africa to "protect" women of sex before marriage? (I didn't mention this in the above text but I thought it should also be apart of this).

Last edited by Final Flourish; 09-23-2010 at 04:59 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2010, 11:57 PM   #2
indiehipster
Banned

indiehipster will become famous soon enough

Um. You dont know what you are talking about. Our two cultures are already very involved with each other. You see, there was this little event called World War II, the aftermath of which saw a huge surge of interest in Western culture. This is for instance why we have things like anime, or games like Final Fantasy, or business suits in Japan.
Old 09-22-2010, 12:24 AM   #3
Lukario
Strangers
Points: 12,410, Level: 72 Points: 12,410, Level: 72 Points: 12,410, Level: 72

Lukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant future

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Super Member NFF Old Man Award Monster Poster NFF 3rd Annual Award Super Member NFF Artist Joker Inventor Award 
Total Awards: 10

Xbox Live Gamertag: deadDEFINED
I don't think the U.S. has a right to play world leader. That's just something I consider a mis-allocation of resources. Let other countries live like barbarians, as long as they aren't troubling us leave them alone.
Old 09-22-2010, 04:25 AM   #4
Pokeman
Good ol PT
Points: 13,897, Level: 76 Points: 13,897, Level: 76 Points: 13,897, Level: 76

My Mood: Woot
Pokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to behold

Awards Showcase
Poster 
Total Awards: 1

Send a message via Skype™ to Pokeman PSN ID: Pityflame WiiU ID: Pityflame
lol, what grade are you

jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze
Old 09-22-2010, 05:21 PM   #5
Final Flourish
Light Grenade
Points: 5,497, Level: 47 Points: 5,497, Level: 47 Points: 5,497, Level: 47
User owns 1x Pegasuses Boots User owns 1x Magic Cape Feather User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x Poke Doll

My Mood: Devilish
Final Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to behold

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Royalty Poster 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiehipster View Post
Um. You dont know what you are talking about. Our two cultures are already very involved with each other. You see, there was this little event called World War II, the aftermath of which saw a huge surge of interest in Western culture. This is for instance why we have things like anime, or games like Final Fantasy, or business suits in Japan.
Yes our cultures have met with one another but stretching from the middle east to Africa practises of women oppression and sexism still exist in the present.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukario View Post
I don't think the U.S. has a right to play world leader. That's just something I consider a mis-allocation of resources. Let other countries live like barbarians, as long as they aren't troubling us leave them alone.
So I guess you're with the Isolationist point of view on this. As long as they don't bother us they can beat each other silly amirite?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokeman View Post
lol, what grade are you

jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze
Wat no

Last edited by Final Flourish; 09-22-2010 at 05:28 PM.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:04 PM   #6
Lukario
Strangers
Points: 12,410, Level: 72 Points: 12,410, Level: 72 Points: 12,410, Level: 72

Lukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant future

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Super Member NFF Old Man Award Monster Poster NFF 3rd Annual Award Super Member NFF Artist Joker Inventor Award 
Total Awards: 10

Xbox Live Gamertag: deadDEFINED
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrong Forum bud View Post
So I guess you're with the Isolationist point of view on this. As long as they don't bother us they can beat each other silly amirite?
Yeah. You got it 100% right. We're wasting our time in the Middle East, we wasted our time in Vietnam, Korea, and everywhere else we've been. I never hear of Switzerland getting into wars, do you?

EDIT: I also want to let you know that I think realistically and I know it's never going to happen, but I just think it's a good approach. If America can establish the same type of amity it has between Canada, it'd be better.
Old 09-22-2010, 10:00 PM   #7
Megas75
A Goddamn Philistine
Points: 23,440, Level: 94 Points: 23,440, Level: 94 Points: 23,440, Level: 94
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 3x SNES Controller User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Poke Doll User owns 2x Chao
User owns 1x Black Mage User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Heart Tank

My Mood: Twisted
Megas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Monster Poster Profile of the Month Award News Reporter Welcome Wagon Royalty Poster 
Total Awards: 7

WiiU ID: Megas75
I agree with Lukario, what's the point of getting involved in something we have no business in?

I'm beginning to feel that the US is only getting involved in foreign affairs just to boast its image(and failing)
Old 09-23-2010, 12:53 AM   #8
Brandyn
The Gentleman
Points: 58,320, Level: 100 Points: 58,320, Level: 100 Points: 58,320, Level: 100
User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 2x SNES Controller User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Four Sword
User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 1x Fire Element

My Mood: Gaming
Brandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards Brawl AM First Time Award Mufasa Yoshi NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month Level 100 Award 
Total Awards: 15

Send a message via AIM to Brandyn Send a message via Yahoo to Brandyn Send a message via Skype™ to Brandyn 3DS Friend Code: 3282-3036-3021 PSN ID: Brandyn_Johnson WiiU ID: Brandyn_Johnson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibarra75 View Post
I'm beginning to feel that the US is only getting involved in foreign affairs just to boast its image(and failing)
This has been the case for a while.

In my opinion, I really don't think we should care because we have our own problems, like that little debt we owe. And it's not like foreigners care about our affairs, as much as we do for theirs (even though it is just an image boasting thing)

It is nice of Wrong Forum Bud to care, he has good heart, but we do have our own issues first. The US's "sense of altruism" has to stop for the good of us.

Ultra Street Fighter IV mains: Gen, Dudley, Ryu
Tekken Revolution mains: Steve Fox, Kazuya
Tekken 6 mains: Steve Fox, Jin, Hwoarang
King of Fighters XIII team: Ryo/Kim Kaphwan/Joe
Old 09-23-2010, 01:46 AM   #9
indiehipster
Banned

indiehipster will become famous soon enough

No one in this thread is educated enough to be talking about this. You are all a bunch of high schoolers at the most. Go read wikipedia for a few hours and then come back.
Old 09-23-2010, 03:05 AM   #10
Pokeman
Good ol PT
Points: 13,897, Level: 76 Points: 13,897, Level: 76 Points: 13,897, Level: 76

My Mood: Woot
Pokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to behold

Awards Showcase
Poster 
Total Awards: 1

Send a message via Skype™ to Pokeman PSN ID: Pityflame WiiU ID: Pityflame
wikipedia is mainstream though
Closed Thread