Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > General Chat

Notices

General Chat Post away about anything in general just remember no content that would fit in other sections.

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 04:08 AM   #1
Lukario
Strangers
Points: 12,448, Level: 72 Points: 12,448, Level: 72 Points: 12,448, Level: 72

Lukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant future

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Super Member NFF Old Man Award Monster Poster NFF 3rd Annual Award Super Member NFF Artist Joker Inventor Award 
Total Awards: 10

Xbox Live Gamertag: deadDEFINED
Stupid People Who Don't Understand Sarcasm

I'm tired of them, I really am! You can never make a comment without some idiot taking offense to what you say and citing poor taste. Even worse is when they act like they've triumphed over someone who should know better. Call it trolling all you want, but sometimes I find sarcasm to be a very good tool to incite lulz.

If you've been watching any sort of news, you've probably heard of those Chilean miners who have been stuck underground for two months. Just yesterday, it was announced a drill has successfully cut through a half of a mile of rock so they can be rescued. Today, I read a story on Yahoo! (of all places) about them debating which one of them was going to go out last. Not only did it seem as though they were arguing, they were excited to be the last one out. So me, being the utilitarian that I am, suggested we leave them down in the mineshaft so they will all be the last ones to go. I meant that in complete jest with no mal-intentions. Unfortunately, the self-righteous, stuck up assholes that browse the comments looking for a fight decided it was personal.

Two personal attacks and eighteen thumbs down later, I still felt no troll's remorse. The good news is that two people agreed with me. The moral of the story: people need to shut the **** up and stop viewing the world from the walls of their colon.

Also, this will be my entry for the CWotM contest, so watch out, all you tightwad apologists.
Old 10-11-2010, 04:14 AM   #2
Mr. Hudson
The Floydian
Points: 12,921, Level: 74 Points: 12,921, Level: 74 Points: 12,921, Level: 74
User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 1x Black Mage

Mr. Hudson is just really niceMr. Hudson is just really niceMr. Hudson is just really niceMr. Hudson is just really nice

Awards Showcase
Poster 
Total Awards: 1

Xbox Live Gamertag: Mr Moonlightt
It's impossible to show sarcasm through text. I hate it. I got in a fight with my girlfriend today because she thought I said something different then how I meant it.

And some people really do take it seriously! It's like come on! Sometimes someone will ask me a ridiculous question and I'll say "Yeah, totally." and they completely believe me! People are dumb.

EDIT: I'd vote for you. Because I'm completely with you. lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Waters
You have to be trusted
By the people that you lied to
So that, when they turns their backs on you
You'll get the chance, to put the knife through
Old 10-11-2010, 04:16 AM   #3
Rin
Nintendo King/Queen
Points: 39,442, Level: 100 Points: 39,442, Level: 100 Points: 39,442, Level: 100

Rin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant future

Awards Showcase
Royalty NFF 3rd Annual Award Level 100 Award Member of the Month Monster Poster Yoshi Poster 
Total Awards: 7

omg ur so mean n lyk y wuld u say dat abut ppl u stupid need to stfu an gtfo.

(sorry, I had to)
Old 10-11-2010, 04:18 AM   #4
Lukario
Strangers

Lukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant future

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Super Member NFF Old Man Award Monster Poster NFF 3rd Annual Award Super Member NFF Artist Joker Inventor Award 

But who in their right mind thinks we should leave the miners down there? Maybe if you're some whackjob, it's a feasible solution, but to normal people the sooner they're out of there the better. Obviously, a response like "yeah" doesn't carry and emotion or tone and could be taken both ways, that idea is plain absurd beyond belief. Select comment to my response:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odie
way to go Lupe, this guys stupid....and "Will", man grow up! do u know how dumb you sound??? seriously....think about what u say.
Odie, do you know how ****ing retarded you sound? A lot more retarded than me. You probably read A Modest Proposal and thought Jonathan Swift was serious and got mad.
Old 10-11-2010, 04:18 AM   #5
Mr. Hudson
The Floydian
Points: 12,921, Level: 74 Points: 12,921, Level: 74 Points: 12,921, Level: 74
User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 1x Black Mage

Mr. Hudson is just really niceMr. Hudson is just really niceMr. Hudson is just really niceMr. Hudson is just really nice

Awards Showcase
Poster 
Total Awards: 1

Xbox Live Gamertag: Mr Moonlightt
@Rin: Who are you...Me two years ago? Doing a good job of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Waters
You have to be trusted
By the people that you lied to
So that, when they turns their backs on you
You'll get the chance, to put the knife through
Old 10-11-2010, 04:22 AM   #6
Rin
Nintendo King/Queen
Points: 39,442, Level: 100 Points: 39,442, Level: 100 Points: 39,442, Level: 100

Rin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant future

Awards Showcase
Royalty NFF 3rd Annual Award Level 100 Award Member of the Month Monster Poster Yoshi Poster 

Sarcasm is a funny thing. Only way anyone ever seems to get it anymore is by doing either this or putting /sarcasm at the end of anything.

Also, the miners were finally rescued? Last time I read about that, they said around Christmas...I think. Well, good for them.
Old 10-11-2010, 04:25 AM   #7
Lukario
Strangers

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin View Post
Sarcasm is a funny thing. Only way anyone ever seems to get it anymore is by doing either this or putting /sarcasm at the end of anything.

Also, the miners were finally rescued? Last time I read about that, they said around Christmas...I think. Well, good for them.
They're all still stuck down there, but a hole has been drilled to them so that rescue efforts can commence sooner or later.
Old 10-11-2010, 04:28 AM   #8
Rin
Nintendo King/Queen

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukario View Post
They're all still stuck down there, but a hole has been drilled to them so that rescue efforts can commence sooner or later.
Oh. Well that's a good thing. Let's hope that where there stuck at doesn't collapse due to the drilling. At least they're there now. Hopefully they get out soon.
Old 10-11-2010, 04:30 AM   #9
Lukario
Strangers

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase

Yeah, me too. Don't need any more Odie's calling me heartless and stupid for making jokes about being trapped in a mineshaft.
Old 10-11-2010, 04:34 AM   #10
Rin
Nintendo King/Queen

Awards Showcase

His response seems typical of someone who completely missed what the point of someone else's post was. I see it all the time on larger forums.
Closed Thread