Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > General Chat

Notices

General Chat Post away about anything in general just remember no content that would fit in other sections.

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 08:56 PM   #1
Final Flourish
Light Grenade
Points: 5,497, Level: 47 Points: 5,497, Level: 47 Points: 5,497, Level: 47
User owns 1x Pegasuses Boots User owns 1x Magic Cape Feather User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x Poke Doll

My Mood: Devilish
Final Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to behold

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Royalty Poster 
Total Awards: 2

Geometry or Algebra?

So far I'm doing fairly well in most of my classes. It's just one class that's making the year suck more then it needs to. It's partly because I'm horrendous in math, and partly because last years math course left me dramatized. Geometry is the cause for all the madness this time.

So anyway. I have a choice, I can to switch classes and take Algebra or I can suck it up and stay in Geometry. I'm terrible in math, period. And I'll expect both courses to be frustrating. But I'm trying to pick the lesser of two evils here.
Since I don't have independent sense of reasoning I came here to look for an answer! So what do you think NFF, which is the lesser of the two evils?
Old 10-13-2010, 09:03 PM   #2
Lukario
Strangers
Points: 12,339, Level: 72 Points: 12,339, Level: 72 Points: 12,339, Level: 72

Lukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant future

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Super Member NFF Old Man Award Monster Poster NFF 3rd Annual Award Super Member NFF Artist Joker Inventor Award 
Total Awards: 10

Xbox Live Gamertag: deadDEFINED
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrong Forum bud View Post
So far I'm doing fairly well in most of my classes. It's just one class that's making the year suck more then it needs to. It's partly because I'm horrendous in math, and partly because last years math course left me dramatized. Geometry is the cause for all the madness this time.

So anyway. I have a choice, I can to switch classes and take Algebra or I can suck it up and stay in Geometry. I'm terrible in math, period. And I'll expect both courses to be frustrating. But I'm trying to pick the lesser of two evils here.
Since I don't have independent sense of reasoning I came here to look for an answer! So what do you think NFF, which is the lesser of the two evils?
If you plan on going to a university, you'll be expected to have passed Geometry. Community college really doesn't care what your grades are and what classes you take as long as you've graduated. If you know you're going to downright fail the class, then I would play it safe and stick with Algebra. If you think you can do it and pass, then I would stay with Geometry. Even if you fail, you can take it again and by then you'll be ahead in that you'll already be familiar with what you are learning.

Algebra was a breeze for me in high school. I had very little trouble doing problems and passed Algebra I with an A and Algebra II with a B. Geometry, on the other hand, was my worst nightmare and netted me my first F in high school. Although I eventually passed with a C, it was rough the whole way through.

Do what you think you can handle.
Old 10-13-2010, 09:07 PM   #3
Alice
Princess of NFF~
Points: 32,423, Level: 100 Points: 32,423, Level: 100 Points: 32,423, Level: 100
User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller

My Mood: Artistic
Alice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant future

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Member of the Month NFF Old Man Award NFF Annual Awards Level 100 Award NFF's 4th Annual Award Royalty Welcome Wagon Joker 
Total Awards: 14

Send a message via MSN to Alice Send a message via Skype™ to Alice 3DS Friend Code: 3711-7997-2642 Xbox Live Gamertag: ArktikAlice
Trigonometry.

Algebra and Geometry are easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth
I spend many lonely nights wishing Alice would lock me in my bedchamber and pleasure me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderRebelNews via Skype
There are too few hours in a day for things like 'eating'
Old 10-13-2010, 09:14 PM   #4
Mr. Hudson
The Floydian
Points: 12,921, Level: 74 Points: 12,921, Level: 74 Points: 12,921, Level: 74
User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 1x Black Mage

Mr. Hudson is just really niceMr. Hudson is just really niceMr. Hudson is just really niceMr. Hudson is just really nice

Awards Showcase
Poster 
Total Awards: 1

Xbox Live Gamertag: Mr Moonlightt
^Well if it's so easy you can help me in Geometry
because I HATE IT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Waters
You have to be trusted
By the people that you lied to
So that, when they turns their backs on you
You'll get the chance, to put the knife through
Old 10-13-2010, 09:16 PM   #5
Final Flourish
Light Grenade
Points: 5,497, Level: 47 Points: 5,497, Level: 47 Points: 5,497, Level: 47
User owns 1x Pegasuses Boots User owns 1x Magic Cape Feather User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x Poke Doll

My Mood: Devilish
Final Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to behold

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Royalty Poster 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukario View Post
If you plan on going to a university, you'll be expected to have passed Geometry. Community college really doesn't care what your grades are and what classes you take as long as you've graduated. If you know you're going to downright fail the class, then I would play it safe and stick with Algebra. If you think you can do it and pass, then I would stay with Geometry. Even if you fail, you can take it again and by then you'll be ahead in that you'll already be familiar with what you are learning.

Algebra was a breeze for me in high school. I had very little trouble doing problems and passed Algebra I with an A and Algebra II with a B. Geometry, on the other hand, was my worst nightmare and netted me my first F in high school. Although I eventually passed with a C, it was rough the whole way through.

Do what you think you can handle.
Thanks for the reply. With that being said I think I'll go ahead and switch to Algebra. I want to take advantage of the college courses that have been given to me in highschool, so I can't afford to fail a class. Plus I find Algebra a lot more useful anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice View Post
Trigonometry.

Algebra and Geometry are easy.
Trigonometry will be the death of me.
I swears it!
Old 10-13-2010, 09:38 PM   #6
Pokeman
Good ol PT
Points: 13,460, Level: 75 Points: 13,460, Level: 75 Points: 13,460, Level: 75

My Mood: Woot
Pokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to behold

Awards Showcase
Poster 
Total Awards: 1

Send a message via Skype™ to Pokeman PSN ID: Pityflame WiiU ID: Pityflame
algebra is amazingly easy
Old 10-14-2010, 06:50 PM   #7
Mikematute
Zombie Prosecutor
Points: 12,827, Level: 73 Points: 12,827, Level: 73 Points: 12,827, Level: 73
User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Triforce

My Mood: Gaming
Mikematute is a glorious beacon of lightMikematute is a glorious beacon of lightMikematute is a glorious beacon of lightMikematute is a glorious beacon of lightMikematute is a glorious beacon of light

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Royalty Review of the Month Poster 
Total Awards: 4

jajajajajaj havent got to those two except algebra. I love mathematics ^^

WHO THE **** DO YOU THINK I AM
Old 10-14-2010, 07:53 PM   #8
Alice
Princess of NFF~
Points: 32,423, Level: 100 Points: 32,423, Level: 100 Points: 32,423, Level: 100
User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller

My Mood: Artistic
Alice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant future

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Member of the Month NFF Old Man Award NFF Annual Awards Level 100 Award NFF's 4th Annual Award Royalty Welcome Wagon Joker 
Total Awards: 14

Send a message via MSN to Alice Send a message via Skype™ to Alice 3DS Friend Code: 3711-7997-2642 Xbox Live Gamertag: ArktikAlice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokeman View Post
algebra is amazingly easy
this is the truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth
I spend many lonely nights wishing Alice would lock me in my bedchamber and pleasure me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderRebelNews via Skype
There are too few hours in a day for things like 'eating'
Old 10-14-2010, 08:11 PM   #9
RPG_Dude
Banned

RPG_Dude We have a Nintendo Fan in the Making

Friend Codes
algebra is super easy, its nothing but applying formulas, in geometry you need to remember rules and its more like a history class.
Old 10-14-2010, 08:12 PM   #10
Rin
Blade of Justice
Points: 39,500, Level: 100 Points: 39,500, Level: 100 Points: 39,500, Level: 100

Rin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant future

Awards Showcase
Royalty NFF 3rd Annual Award Level 100 Award Member of the Month Monster Poster Yoshi Poster 
Total Awards: 7

Send a message via Skype™ to Rin
They were both boring as hell for me. Course, I got about 1/2 a year into HS before hell broke loose.
Closed Thread

Tags
a dead pink bird, algebra, geometry, lol, math