Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Member Game Reviews > Other Reviews

Notices

Other Reviews Playstation, Xbox, PC, or any other console game Review. Also console reviews too

Comment

Review Tools
God of War 2
God of War 2
Conquest, Destiny, Revenge, again o.o
Published by Cloud7
10-20-2010
Author review
Graphics
95%95%95%
Storyline
100%100%100%
Controls/Gameplay
95%95%95%
Sound
85%85%85%
Average 94%
God of War 2

It's been a while but I am back bringing you then next part in my Epic Trilogy Walkthrough Series with God of War 2.

This game picks up right where the first one left off as Kratos is crowned the new God of War and he is seated on the throne in Olympus. But even after all that he went through in the first game just to find the forgiveness that he so desired it was not given to him so he became filled with even more anger and more rage. He started helping his fellow spartans conquer cities throughout Greece and then he is Striped of his godly powers and made mortal again and Zeus makes an attempt to kill Kratos. So now he has to find the Sisters of Fate and travel back in time to the point where Zeus tries to kill him and Change his destiny. Will he be able to do it? <-- duh moment right there. O.o Anyways play the game to find out more about the story and the outcome.

The graphics on this game were pretty cutting edge on the ps2 and the landscapes were vast. But this review is going to be all about the ps3 version of it. They took the old graphics and changed them into high definition 1080p resolution and it is amazing. The boss battles are vicious as always and I am always a big fan of that. Everything was truely amazing in the graphics area of the game so there isn't too much that could be said to down the graphics on the ps3 version of it.

The controls were redone somewhat and they made it a bit better but there wasn't too much for improvement on those to begin with. The flow worked very well with combo system in this one it was much improved over the first game in the series. The Only thing i didn't like about this game was it game you a hell of alot of useless weapons. x.x I mean I went through the whole game without using but one of the spare weapons and that was during times when you had to use them to learn about em but for the most part the only usefull weapons are the Athena Blades and the Olympus Blade. I mean the other weapons sucked so hardcore it wasn't even funny like the barbarian Hammer and the Spear just were horrible. x.x But on a side note they fixed the rage meter in this game in the first game it took forever to build up rage in the rage meter and now you can build it up alot faster now that they put orbs in to refill it also they put a way you can turn it Off yes i said OFF. Let me explain about that just incase you didn't play the first game or don't remember it well. Ok so the first game in the Series had the Rage of the Gods meter and it was useful but it took forever to fill and when you turned it on that was it you had to use it all up even if there was no enemies around to attack and then when you needed it mostlikely it was gone and you died or worse. In this installment of the series you have the Rage of the Titans meter and it is pretty much the same as the first games meter but easier to fill and has the way to turn it OFF and conserve the rage in the meter and you can add to it.

The music in the game was good for the most part. And before you are all like "wait Cloud what do you mean by most part?" Keep your pants on because I'm about to explain it for ya. Well it was very epic music and when i say Epic I mean OMG Epic...but......HALF THE MUSIC IS REUSED FROM THE FIRST GAME. There I said it. I mean no that's not too big of a deal but I mean I wanted to see some all new music. But that is my only gripe about the music. The voice overs were well done and I enjoyed every minute of them.

So let me close with this they were a great games and well worth the money i spent for them. And I know what you're thinking already. Something like "Them?" or "there are 2?". Ok let me dump this picture here and it should explain it all. If not you may want to run down to the local Taco Bell and order a diet water and a pair of eyeglasses Stat.

There that should explain everything. lol But anyways it's 2 games on the same disc it is well worth the money it runs for around 40 ish bucks new and 30 bucks used in the Gamestop around here, but who knows it may be cheaper some places. But it is a seriously good buy and if you are curious about the story or whatnot go pickup a copy and play it. it won't disappoint you. But anyways that's all for this time take care and until next time enjoy the reviews.

~Cloud
Published by
Silent Lurker
Cloud7 will become famous soon enoughCloud7 will become famous soon enough
Sponsored Links
By AlloftheAbove on 10-20-2010, 04:54 AM
Some screenshots would be good, because I don't even know what genre this game is.
Still a solid effort, though.
By Rin on 10-20-2010, 05:02 AM
It's the action adventure beat-em-up genre ala Devil May Cry/Bayonetta/Dante's Inferno/etc

It was a fun game. Nice review.
By Mario on 10-20-2010, 08:35 AM
Nice review Cloud, if I ever get my PS3 repaired will have to get this game.
By Rin on 10-20-2010, 02:47 PM
What even happened to your PS3? Did it brick on an update? :P
By SuperGamecube64 on 10-20-2010, 03:06 PM
Not my favorite review this month, but it's far from terrible. My problem with God of war is that it's a glorified button masher. I enjoy the games for what they are, but a lot of people try to make them out to be more than what they are. It is a game that is good because it is violent, and this brutality is its soul. People need to accept that instead of making up other reasons why it is good.

Edit: I'm not saying that is what you did at all, this is just my opinion on the series.
Comment