Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > PC Gaming

Notices

PC Gaming Post anything relating to PC Gaming.

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 05:39 PM   #1
Rin
Blade of Justice
Points: 39,512, Level: 100 Points: 39,512, Level: 100 Points: 39,512, Level: 100

Rin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant future

Awards Showcase
Royalty NFF 3rd Annual Award Level 100 Award Member of the Month Monster Poster Yoshi Poster 
Total Awards: 7

Send a message via Skype™ to Rin
Civilization V

How many people have played this?

For those that don't know what it is or what it looks like, here's a basic rundown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Sid Meier's Civilization V (also known as Civilization 5) is a turn-based strategy computer game developed by Firaxis, released on Microsoft Windows in September 2010 and due for release on Mac OS X in Q4 2010. It is the latest game in the Civilization series.
In Civilization V, the player leads a civilization from prehistoric times into the future on a procedurally-generated map, achieving one of a number of different victory conditions through research, diplomacy, expansion, economic development, government and military conquest. The game is based on an entirely new game engine with hexagonal tiles instead of the square tiles of earlier games in the series. Many elements from Civilization IV and its expansion packs have been removed or changed, such as religion and espionage. The combat system has been overhauled, removing stacking of military units and enabling cities to defend themselves by firing directly on nearby enemies. In addition, the maps contain computer-controlled city-states as non-player characters that are available for trade, diplomacy and conquest. A civilization's borders also expand more realistically, favoring more productive terrain, and the concept of roads has changed.
The game features community, modding and multiplayer elements.
I want to play this so badly. I have Civ IV Gold Edition and I love that game a lot. Problem is, Civ V is very demanding and my current rig cant' run it for crap.

If you've played it, or want to, discuss it here(obvious).
Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2010, 09:54 PM   #2
Dudebro
Banned

My Mood: Lurking
Dudebro is a glorious beacon of lightDudebro is a glorious beacon of lightDudebro is a glorious beacon of lightDudebro is a glorious beacon of lightDudebro is a glorious beacon of lightDudebro is a glorious beacon of light

Awards Showcase
NFF 3rd Annual Award 
Total Awards: 1

I got this game it's as awesome as the hype makes it out to be. They changed things up and I think it's all for the best.

If you end up getting it I'd be interested in playing online if you're up for it. I'm not that great but I enjoy the hell out of it.
Old 10-26-2010, 09:58 PM   #3
Rin
Blade of Justice
Points: 39,512, Level: 100 Points: 39,512, Level: 100 Points: 39,512, Level: 100

Rin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant future

Awards Showcase
Royalty NFF 3rd Annual Award Level 100 Award Member of the Month Monster Poster Yoshi Poster 

If I ever get the computer to play it, I'd be more than happy to play online with you.

I just hope that's sometime soon.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:02 PM   #4
Dudebro
Banned

Dudebro is a glorious beacon of lightDudebro is a glorious beacon of lightDudebro is a glorious beacon of lightDudebro is a glorious beacon of lightDudebro is a glorious beacon of lightDudebro is a glorious beacon of light

Awards Showcase
NFF 3rd Annual Award 

Hey no rush. I'll be playing this until a new version comes out.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:05 PM   #5
Rin
Blade of Justice

Awards Showcase

I'm sure that'll happen...

In 2015. My mom wants it too, so I might play on her computer. It is a monster XD
Old 10-27-2010, 12:33 AM   #6
Dudebro
Banned

Awards Showcase
NFF 3rd Annual Award 

Yeah it's a beast. I just got a new PC so I'm able to play it, without that I'd be just window shopping too. Sucks it has to be that way but we want bigger and better games and this is the consequence right?
Old 10-27-2010, 12:46 AM   #7
Rin
Blade of Justice

Awards Showcase

So it would seem. The bigger the game, the bigger the machine needed to play said game.
Closed Thread