11-01-2010, 04:36 PM
Points: 53,877, Level: 100
Join Date: Jan 2008
Thanked 34 Times in 20 Posts
Rep Power: 206
Nintendo Fan Forum's 1st Annual Referral Bonanza
Welcome to Nintendo Fan Forum's 1st annual Referral Bonanza!
As you can see by the title, this is a referral contest to help bring activity to the site. Please read the rules below so you can get an idea of how this contest will work. Please pay attention to all details so that you will have maximum eligibility in the contest.
- This contest will last for sixty (60) days from the time this thread was posted. This is to ensure you have enough time to refer friends as well as for them to get a good number of posts in.
- The person who refers the MOST members(minimum of 3) will win a $50 USD Amazon gift card. If you do not wish to receive the $50 Amazon gift card, you can receive a substitution prize of two (2) 2000 Wii Points cards. You will also be gifted a Wii Ware or Virtual Console title of your choice worth 1000 points or less.
- This does not mean the contest is only open to US residents, it only means the value of the prize will be in American dollars. The gift card is only redeemable on Amazon's global site (http://www.amazon.com). Due to the differences in electrical current, it is recommended that you only buy electronics from your region, as NTSC games and equipment will not work with PAL, and vise-versa.
- The referral with the MOST posts will also win a prize (amount will be kept secret until the end of the contest.) This is for any referrals, not just the winner's. NOTE: The prize will be given in the form of another Amazon.com gift card in USD. Prize substitutions are also available, and will be announced at the end of the contest.
- In the case of a tie, prizes will be divided equally among winners. So if two people refer the exact same number of members, both winners will receive $25 USD Amazon gift card EACH or a substitution gift of equal or lesser value. The same thing goes for the referral with the most posts.
- In order for the people you refer to count towards your total tally, they MUST follow these rules:
- They must have a minimum of fifty (50) posts at the time the contest ends.
- They MUST put your forum username in the referral box when they register. If not, there is no way for us to verify that you indeed referred them. If you don't follow this rule, they don't count. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- No past referrals are eligible for inclusion in this contest. The referrals only count from the day the contest STARTS until the day the contest ENDS. We will check registration dates to verify this.
- Referrals coming from the same IP address only count for one (1) referral. Even if you have fifteen brothers and sisters, only ONE of them will count in this contest.
- Referrals themselves are eligible to win this contest as well. So if you are referred here by someone else, you have a shot at winning this contest, too. Just follow these rules and you could have a shot at winning as well.
- For ease in tallying all referrals, please post in this thread with LINKS to the accounts you have referred to this site. It is up to you to inform us which friends you have referred. We will not chase you down to find out who you referred to this site. You can make multiple posts, but please do us this gigantic favor.
- Your referral ID is located in your User CP. Use this link when referring your friends to this website. Also let them know about the rules of the contest so their referral counts towards you winning. An example referral link looks like this: http://www.nintendofanforum.com/inde...ferrerid=12345
- This contest is only open to Golden Members.
- What this means is that the winner can only be a Golden Member. But, since one of the requirements of being a Golden member is getting 5+ active referrals, even if you are not a Golden member NOW you can refer enough friends to be eligible for the contest.
- Referrals must meet the minimum post count requirements as outlined in the second bullet point.
Users who are discovered to have registered fraudulent accounts in order to gain an unfair advantage in this contest WILL BE DISQUALIFIED, and may possibly face extra actions. Please play fair, and good luck. All questions and concerns can be made in this thread.
Started from the bottom, now we're here.