Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > General Chat

Notices

General Chat Post away about anything in general just remember no content that would fit in other sections.

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 09:23 PM   #1
Cam3ron36@NFF
NHL Fanatic
Points: 31,751, Level: 100 Points: 31,751, Level: 100 Points: 31,751, Level: 100
User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 3x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Bullet Bill User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Fighter

My Mood: Gaming
Cam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award Royalty Monster Poster Review of the Month Review of the Month Poster Game Reviewer 
Total Awards: 8

Send a message via Skype™ to Cam3ron36@NFF Xbox Live Gamertag: cam3ron36
Have drivers Really Gotten this bad?

A quote from another site...

Quote:
Wow, drivers are retarded... Wait, that isn't right. Most are not but I'm sure all of drivers would not ram an effing bike next to a ravine for taking up the bike lane.

Anyways, riding home from high school, coming near an area where there is a small ravine off to the right, I'm all the way off to the right side of the road which is legal and this retard pulls up beside me and swears and screams at me for being on the road. Last I checked you have to be on the road passed the age of 12, so I'm far past that and I don't look like I'm 12 either unless there is 6-foot twelve-year olds...

In any case I did not get off the road, there was people on the sidewalk coming up and like hell I'm complying to some retard that thinks he needs the extra bike lane space, what's he do?? Hmm... Rams my bike, my bike for crying out loud. He hit my handle bars mainly and crushed my last two fingers and bashed my knee too... My bike handles spun and I bumped over the sidewalk crashing into a wooden post which may sound bad but it's better than going in between these posts and falling into a ravine.

I really don't know what to do here, this guy is either A; A gang member and I can't do crap without dying (and this brings up separate issue, don't even get me started on gangs and how they like to play god with peoples lives, the thought pisses me off), or B; he is just a psychopath or anything else really.

Either way, I really hate not to ride my bike... I hate to comply to such bs, I can't be pushed around easily at all. Usually don't have to, I really want to ride my bike to cut time and for fun. However, not worth getting shot or ran over by the same tard.

for any questions you may seem to ask:

-Road lane was big enough
-Was signs for "Share the road" mostly all over the place (signs for bikes)
-I am a very aware person, I stay near the sidewalk and shoulder check very often, signal with my arm, etc.
-riding on the sidewalk is not allowed at my age

Questions involving legal things:

-I got no license plate
-Reporting to cops is bad news since sadly most are attached to gangs and report you to the gangs if you call in to report someone who may be in a gang.

So I'm really just venting but suggestions would really be nice on whether or not to ride my bike would be appreciated.

I've been riding since I was in like Grade 4 so this would be a huge loss to me.

No one else seems to ride to high school, I'm thinking maybe a reason. I know I heard driving is a lot different here and more dangerous than it was in Alberta...

Insight onto what this guy is and what he might be doing would also be nice...
Thoughts?
Old 11-02-2010, 09:29 PM   #2
Alice
----
Points: 32,720, Level: 100 Points: 32,720, Level: 100 Points: 32,720, Level: 100
User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller

My Mood: Artistic
Alice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant future

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Member of the Month NFF Old Man Award NFF Annual Awards Level 100 Award NFF's 4th Annual Award Royalty Welcome Wagon Joker 
Total Awards: 14

Send a message via MSN to Alice Send a message via Skype™ to Alice 3DS Friend Code: 3711-7997-2642 PSN ID: ArktikAlice Xbox Live Gamertag: ArktikAlice
People are becoming worse drivers every day.
It is very noticeable. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth
I spend many lonely nights wishing Alice would lock me in my bedchamber and pleasure me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderRebelNews via Skype
There are too few hours in a day for things like 'eating'
Old 11-02-2010, 10:33 PM   #3
Cam3ron36@NFF
NHL Fanatic
Points: 31,751, Level: 100 Points: 31,751, Level: 100 Points: 31,751, Level: 100
User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 3x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Bullet Bill User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Fighter

Cam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award Royalty Monster Poster Review of the Month Review of the Month Poster Game Reviewer 

yeah, but this is just beyond the believable point. Can't believe this would happen
Old 11-02-2010, 10:38 PM   #4
Lukario
Strangers
Points: 12,448, Level: 72 Points: 12,448, Level: 72 Points: 12,448, Level: 72

Lukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant future

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Super Member NFF Old Man Award Monster Poster NFF 3rd Annual Award Super Member NFF Artist Joker Inventor Award 
Total Awards: 10

Xbox Live Gamertag: deadDEFINED
Well, one time there was this guy riding his bicycle in the middle of the road near a ravine and I ended up yelling at him. He gave me this big speech about sharing the road and how he's allowed to be on the street. I just yelled at him some more and drove off. What a tool.
Old 11-03-2010, 01:12 AM   #5
Cam3ron36@NFF
NHL Fanatic

Awards Showcase

well if he's in the middle of the road yeah. You still don't ram a bicycle. It aint right. As far as I know everywhere a bike can ride on the side of the road.
Old 11-03-2010, 02:35 AM   #6
Rin
Nintendo King/Queen
Points: 39,442, Level: 100 Points: 39,442, Level: 100 Points: 39,442, Level: 100

Rin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant future

Awards Showcase
Royalty NFF 3rd Annual Award Level 100 Award Member of the Month Monster Poster Yoshi Poster 
Total Awards: 7

^ Lukario just played you there.

Also, driving like this is more common than you think, especially downtown. Well, it is around here anyways.
Old 11-03-2010, 02:36 AM   #7
Lukario
Strangers
Points: 12,448, Level: 72 Points: 12,448, Level: 72 Points: 12,448, Level: 72

Lukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant future

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Super Member NFF Old Man Award Monster Poster NFF 3rd Annual Award Super Member NFF Artist Joker Inventor Award 
Total Awards: 10

Xbox Live Gamertag: deadDEFINED
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam3ronNFF View Post
well if he's in the middle of the road yeah. You still don't ram a bicycle. It aint right. As far as I know everywhere a bike can ride on the side of the road.
Read the OP and then read my post.
Old 11-03-2010, 09:39 AM   #8
Alice
----
Points: 32,720, Level: 100 Points: 32,720, Level: 100 Points: 32,720, Level: 100
User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller

My Mood: Artistic
Alice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant future

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Member of the Month NFF Old Man Award NFF Annual Awards Level 100 Award NFF's 4th Annual Award Royalty Welcome Wagon Joker 
Total Awards: 14

Send a message via MSN to Alice Send a message via Skype™ to Alice 3DS Friend Code: 3711-7997-2642 PSN ID: ArktikAlice Xbox Live Gamertag: ArktikAlice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukario View Post
Read the OP and then read my post.
he is the OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth
I spend many lonely nights wishing Alice would lock me in my bedchamber and pleasure me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderRebelNews via Skype
There are too few hours in a day for things like 'eating'
Old 11-03-2010, 10:51 AM   #9
Cam3ron36@NFF
NHL Fanatic

Awards Showcase

My bad, thought you were being serious, but I could kind of tell...

@Rin that is ridiculous. People like that should not be able to drive.
Old 11-03-2010, 09:08 PM   #10
Brandyn
The Gentleman
Points: 58,992, Level: 100 Points: 58,992, Level: 100 Points: 58,992, Level: 100
User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 2x SNES Controller User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Four Sword
User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 1x Fire Element

My Mood: Lonely
Brandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards Brawl AM First Time Award Mufasa Yoshi NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month Level 100 Award 
Total Awards: 15

Send a message via AIM to Brandyn Send a message via Yahoo to Brandyn Send a message via Skype™ to Brandyn 3DS Friend Code: 3282-3036-3021 PSN ID: Brandyn_Johnson WiiU ID: Brandyn_Johnson
It's logical that drivers are becoming worse. It is to the point where many people cannot stop texting, it is a serious addiction. I believe that there are more accidents caused by texting drivers than drunk drivers, now, since nobody actually uses their cell phones to make phone calls anymore.

Nintendo/PlayStation Network ID: Brandyn_Johnson

Ultra Street Fighter IV mains: Gen, Dudley, Ryu
Tekken Revolution mains: Paul, Steve
Tekken 6 mains: Paul, Steve, Hwoarang
King of Fighters XIII team: Ryo/Kim/Joe
Closed Thread