Member Articles Members Articles

Comment

Article Tools
Top 10 Video Game Final Bosses
Published by Alice
11-04-2010

Final boss fights give players the best a game can get... usually. Some are awesome, some are creative, some are frightening, and some are just perfect. What I have here is my top 10 final bosses.
Bear in mind, these are from games I have played, and nothing more. There may be some that you like that are not included, either due to my lack of fighting them, or my lack of interest in them.
With that, let's start this.

#10: Bowser - Super Mario World

In Super Mario World, Bowser was a fairly easy fight, but very neat.
Bowser starts the fight by trying to smack you with his clown cart, and then drops mecha koopas. It is obvious that they are required to damage him. After 2 hits, there is a small scene, some fire, and then phase 2, he drops BALLS OF STEEL now... Super.
Phase 3 isn't much different, he just stomps around.
He is fun, and easy for less experienced gamers, and is a relatively unique fight.

#9: Omega Metroid - Metroid Fusion

What is there to say?
This thing can wipe out a bar of health per hit, and is freaking huge.
Not to mention that NOTHING SAMUS HAS CAN DAMAGE HIM! well, at first anyway. It isn't until the Sa-x comes in and sacrifices itself to give Samus the ice beam that Samus can hurt it.
To my Disappointment, this fight was very easy. The Sa-x shows Samus what to do, Samus does it, and in about 30 seconds, the thing is dead... what a final boss. The reason it is here is because it leaves the player in a state of remembrance. They just killed a 20 foot tall monster in a near-death sequence. simply awesome.

#8: Lou - Guitar Hero 3

How do I put this...?
You are fighting for your soul, against the Devil, while playing a rock cover of a country song. HOW COOL IS THAT?!
The build-up to this battle is great to, supplying the 'rocker' with a string of heavy metal and hardcore songs.
This fight is so well done, there are finishes for both the player, and Lou, and Lou's is just... just a kick to the man-bit (Or a punch to the boob)

#7: 0 - Kirby 64: The crystal Shards

What do you think of when you think of Kirby?i bet it isn't giant angel-demon bent on world destruction, is it?
Well, that's what 0 is, a demon bent on world destruction.
Now, the game does not in any way build up to this fight, and upon seeing it, the gamer is usually surprised to see something this morbid in a kid's game.
Hell, it's not as bad as Giygas... Speaking of which...

#6: Giygas - Earthbound

Wow... Nintendo has guts to allow this.
Giygas is the embodiment of evil, the final boss of Earthbound, a being with a non-understandable form, design, or anything.
Giygas itself is a pretty creepy battle, but in itself, is very memorable, equipped with a great buildup sequence, fitting music, and uniqueness.
Giygas is by far, the most morbid of any final boss I have yet encountered.

#5: GLADoS - Portal

The first time I got to GLADoS, I was happy.
The fight with GLADoS is very fun, requiring you to shoot portals to make GLADoS hit herself with a missile that her sentry shoots. After she gets hit, a personality core falls off, which must then be incinerated. (RIP Companion Cube)
The fight itself is fun in it's own way, and is funny because both GLADoS, and her cores, make some very funny remarks. GLADoS insults Chell throughout the whole fight, and each core has it's own set of dialogue, which is just adorable at times.
One is insanely curious, and very hyper, one recites an obviously deadly cake recipe, and one snarls in a creepy, yet humorous fashion.

#4: Giga Bowser - Super Smash Bros. Melee

In SSBM, clearing adventure mode in under a certain amount of time on certain difficulties will result in the real final boss of adventure, Giga Bowser.
Not only is he larger than Bowser, his moves had elemental damage, he has less knock-back, and is very frightening.
The first time I fought him, my reaction was, WTF, then, OMG!
He provides a great challenge, and shows that there is more to games, than meets the eye. (TRANSFORMERS FTW!)

#3: Ganondorf - Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

This battle had it all.
great music, great gameplay, perfect build-up, and amazing atmosphere. This fight made my hands tremble upon beating Ganondorf, and my heart pounding.
This fight was just amazing in every aspect, and left the player thinking, "What just happened?" because it is so fast, but it is also memorable, and that, is what a final boss should be.
This boss deserves it's place on the list.

#2: Henry - No more Heroes

Amazing, simply amazing.
The fight is awesome, has an interesting scenario, and in itself, is just burly.
Henry himself is insane, has epic combos, and very flashy moves, and is not at all an easy fight, and to top it all off, he has an epic amount of health, and the flashiest one-hit-kill move, I have ever seen.
Henry is a beast, an awesome, memorable, and unique fight.

but what could beat it?

I have the answer.

#1: Blue - Pokemon Red/Blue

That's right, Red's main rival throughout his journey across Kanto.
Why is he #1 though?
For one, he shows up many times across the journey, preparing Red for his final fight. He bugs you before entering victory road to head to the Elite four, and to top it all of, once Red beat's the final Elite Four trainer, just when he thinks he is the new pokemon master... he is told that there is one more challenge.

Blue

Blue is the real Pokemon master, and for good reason.
He has several different types of pokemon, so one type in Red's party won't be enough, which makes Red have to compile an effective arsenal, as well as his pokemon are brutal.
They are very high levels, have crazy attacks, and all-in-all, are a perfect team.
Thankfully, Blue is defeated, and Red is the new champion, truly an epic fight, very fitting, emotional, and all out, amazing.
Smell you later, Blue.
Published by
Princess of NFF~
Alice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to Alice

Article Tools
Sponsored Links
By Mario on 11-15-2010, 10:16 AM
Good list.
By Keyman4 on 11-17-2010, 09:54 PM
Wow, this is kinda interesting, even though it's overflowing with Nintendo bosses.....in all honesty, I don't think Blue deserves number 1 or Bowser number 10.....but that's my opinion
By Mikematute on 11-18-2010, 07:45 AM
Finally

great article I think but there could be better bosses.
By Alice on 11-19-2010, 08:34 PM
Bowser got his spot because the fight had good atmosphere, but was fairly simplistic, and didn't appeal much to me.
Blue got his spot because he was great final battle with meaning behind it.
By LolGames4U on 02-22-2011, 10:58 AM
Good list; I personally would have put Ganondorf/Ganon from Ocarina of Time as number 1. Ganon from Wind Waker totally deserves that place. I remember right after i dealt the final blow I was like WOAH WHAT JUST HAPPENED!
By SuperGamecube64 on 02-22-2011, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LolGames4U View Post
Good list; I personally would have put Ganondorf/Ganon from Ocarina of Time as number 1. Ganon from Wind Waker totally deserves that place. I remember right after i dealt the final blow I was like WOAH WHAT JUST HAPPENED!
I think it would have placed higher if it wasn't such an easy fight.
By Alice on 02-22-2011, 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGamecube64 View Post
I think it would have placed higher if it wasn't such an easy fight.
it would have.
By Brandyn on 12-20-2012, 11:15 PM
How can the King Boo & Bowser battle from Luigi's Mansion not be on here?
Comment

Tags
boss, final