Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Creative Corner > Stories and Creative Writing

Notices

Stories and Creative Writing Show off all your Creative Writing and Stories.

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 07:30 PM   #1
Alice
Princess of NFF~
Points: 32,423, Level: 100 Points: 32,423, Level: 100 Points: 32,423, Level: 100
User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller

My Mood: Artistic
Alice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant future

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Member of the Month NFF Old Man Award NFF Annual Awards Level 100 Award NFF's 4th Annual Award Royalty Welcome Wagon Joker 
Total Awards: 14

Send a message via MSN to Alice Send a message via Skype™ to Alice 3DS Friend Code: 3711-7997-2642 Xbox Live Gamertag: ArktikAlice
Draconian Wars: Pyra's Wrath

I wrote this story almost a year and a half ago, and I consider it to be one of my few good stories, other than AMA of course.

WARNING: THIS STORY CONTAINS HARSH LANGUAGE

--------------------

Our world is ruled, and looked over by the four great dragon spirits. Each one watches over an element, and controls it with great power. The four dragons are known as the God-Beasts by some, and Spirit Drakes by others. There are several names that other beings know them as, but those are the most common.

The Spirit drake the controls the element of Water is Sepheris. An immense water serpent that slices straight through water and eats whatever is unlucky enough to get in his way. He can bend water to do his bidding, and even freeze it straight to ice. Sepheris is rarely seen, but some have claimed to have come face-to-face with the god of the underwater trenches.

The Earth elemental drake is refereed to as Garn, or sometimes Garnet, for his glistening red scales. Garn has fairly short wings, an adaption to living underground for hundreds of years. Garn lifts immense boulders by standing on his hind legs and lifting them up. He almost never leaves his gigantic den, almost 800,000 square-feet, filled with his giant boulder weapons. He also has poison breath, which can sometimes be seen drifting through the opening to his caverns.

Kiaris, the drake spirit of air, is almost always seen flying through the clouds at the speed of sound, stopping only to rest upon the Pillar of the Heavens once every 400 hours or so. She is noted to resemble a serpent. Her ability to fly is currently under speculation, as she has 2 small talons, and no wings, but has 9 razor sharp blades across her body, making her noticeably aerodynamic. Her screeches are as loud as sonic booms, and are known to cause several whirlwinds.

Pyra is not very well known, but is known as the Spirit drake of Fire. He is known to send his draconian troops to cause senseless slaughter and destruction. He is notably the most ruthless of the spirits, and abuses his incredible elemental powers. His aim in the world is to create a place where hell is unleashed, where draconions of fire rule everything, and kill all that stand in their way.

Each spirit drake can speak in every language, with their intent telekinetic powers, granted to them by their Soul-Scales, which also granted them to be the gods of the elements.

Lately in the world, Pyra is send out several of his draconian troops to take over, but the other spirits reject his aims, and send out their troops to kill his. there are wars being waged all over the world, and what was meant to stop Pyra, is leading to even more destruction during the battles. Those who manage to get away from the crossfires, are expected to be hunted down, and either slaughtered, or devoured.
Some towns even resort to sending out highly trained soldier parties in caravans, to kill any draconians they find, unless a treaty was made with them. Some draconians are hostile, some are pure of heart, and others, aren't ruled by gods.

Water draconians, fairly docile and typically use weaponry, as their talons have really short claws. Their icy breath is enough to paralyze a full grown man. Though they lack legs, they are adapt to slithering with only the use of the bottom half of their bodies.

Green draconians, or typically known as "normal" draconians are a quite common draconian soldier, used in almost every army. Nothing special really, and they breath fire, unlike some others. They have moderately sized claws, but prefer to use weaponry.

Draconians that have shiny purple, pink, or sometimes red scales, and lack hind legs are typically referred to as "Heavenly Drake." They have a wing span almost 3 times their length, and almost never use melee weapons, they prefer bows. They are very calm, and treat humans as friends, most of the time, unless they are in Pyra's army.

Bronze Draconians, very heavily coated in scales made of solid bronze. They are quite powerful, and us a weapon we humans call, a Kaiser Killer, a blade weighing over 3 tons. Bronze draconians can lift them almost as if they are a regular sword, by human standards.

The ice draconains come in very light colors, and breath blue fire, which is colder than dry ice. The use weapons they forge out of their ice cold breath. They are very intelligent, but cannot fly, as their wings and incredibly stiff. What they lack in flight, they make up with, in speed, being able to run over 150 miles per hour.

Dark draconians, very short tempered, very hostile. they have the longest claws of all the draconians, and use them over weapons. i addition to having really tough scales, they can spit poison, as well as breath fire. Dark draconians are the core of Pyra's army, and are included in no other.

Red draconians a very powerful draconian, has claws slightly shorter than that of a dark draconian, but is not very fond of them. Red draconians prefer using heavy axes and swords, and rarely, war hammers. They can get enraged very easily, but make peace with humans, if they are nice enough. Red draconians run almost 70% of Pyra's army.

Gold draconians stand out among the others. They have gained the ability to speak over the years they have existed, and wear clothes similar to humans. they are rarely ever in wars, but use axes and swords if need-be. These specific draconians have befriended more humans than any other type of draconian.

We humans cannot compare to the dangerous creatures, and are an easy food source for them. We set out in caravans, and hunting parties to defend our cities. We will not give in, and we won't go, NOT WITHOUT A FIGHT!!

Our town, the town of Zentra, had recently sent out a caravan, led by our greatest warrior, Argyle. His trusty axe would always keep him safe. our beaken tower had spotted some of Pyra's foot-soldiers approaching, and we wanted them gone.
our village resided by the Forest of Dynasty, when the pillar of the Heavens, so we knew we had the help of Kiaris' army, if we should need help.
I myself knew, that I, would soon begin my journey into the world, the stop Pyra's evil reign, but how long until then?
While i pondered, the town gates closed, and Argyle was out, fighting draconians. our town was safe for the time being. Though, it was sunset, i knew the radiant twilight wouldn't slow down Argyle at all. He was a great warrior, and warriors know nothing of fear.
I heard the noise, high over head, a loud scream, that hit almost instantly, in the form of a gust of wind. It had happened yet again, Kiaris was stopping for her rest. We had become used to the loud roars of our guardian, and questioned them never. We knew better than to anger a god.
As nightfall approached, i stalked to my humble abode, started a fire, found my sword. I polished the blade, until it started to shine like a perfectly formed diamond. the blade itself was as sharp as a dragon's tooth.
"Damned beasts!" i heard the voice scream outside, followed by a loud shreik. I ran out with my sword in hand, to see what i could only call hell. Pyra's draconians were attacking the village. I knew they were, there were dark draconians. blood was flying everywhere, limbs being ripped apart, death around every corner. I laid a firm grip upon my blade, and bolted into the fray.
I swung the blade left and right, wounding whatever draconians i could. Through my blind rage, i tripped, and my blade flew out of my hands, sticking a red draconian, right in the arm. i myself collided to the ground, before a bronze draconian left me, and hurled me straight into the town walls. the sudden stop knocked my breath away. I fell to the ground, dazed, and just as the same draconian ran up, there was the roar of Kiaris.
Every draconian looked up in fear. I found the draconian with my sword, but a few feet away. I pulled the sword from it's arm, stabbed it's neck, and swung the blade at the bronze draconian that attacked me. I couldn't believe what happened, my sword broke in two, and stuck another draconian in the head.
I looked up, Kiaris wasn't pleased, i could tell. Her eyes were glaring at the draconians, who were paralyzed with fear. I wasted no time, i ran to the town gates, which were destroyed. I left the town, and ran, i ran like never before. I left all the memories i had of the carnage behind me. I stopped an looked back, and saw what i would have liked to have not. Kiaris let out a roar, barely 50 feet of the ground, and a burst of debris flew out from where Zentra, which was now, a crater next to the Forest of Dynasty.

but a few days after leaving my home, I ended up in Drakeport, a harbor by the Blood Sea. Traders came from all around to buy and sell their goods. I was no stranger to knowing what could happen in such a active area, thieves and pickpockets lurked amongst the large crowds of people. I kept my hands within my trouser pockets, and kept a sharp eye out for any suspicious activity.
I moved out of the crowd, and walked into a Tavern. Angels Haven was a rather popular tavern, where the beautiful waitress were constantly being harassed by drunks. just the thought of seeing smelly old men acting cute for pretty, young girls disgusted me.
With the approach of the night nearing, i asked the lady at the counter to get me a quick glass of rum. She poured the red liquid within a vibrant glass cup, and i set down a few pieces of silver. I drank the rum slowly, relaxing after aiding the hunting party.
Every day since i got to this large community, i joined a group known as the Harpy Men. a group of ruffians that run through the woods, hunting animals for food and profit. Often times, an occasional Goblin or Troll would threaten us, but we were unfazed. We had experience in killing them, it was easy as baiting a trap for a boar.
As I sat drinking my rum, a greasy old man had grabbed one of the waitresses arms. he was trying to seduce her, that old loon. She screamed, and slapped him, but he kept trying. I finished of my beverage just in time to see the man slap the waitress to the ground. I could not stand to see nor hear this any longer, it was disgusting.
I stood up, and turned to the old man.
"Hey you" I called to him, "Do you be looking for something to satisfy your gross needs?"
I could tell that he was unhappy with my remark.
"what's that there ye punk? d'ye be looking for a rumble?" he said, belching in between his words.
Now i may be young, a simply 21 year old bad-mouthing a man clearly shown to be older than me by no less than 40 years, and sure, i may be a punk, but I can stand up for whomever i wish. just thinking of this old fool, molesting that pretty young girl, made me furious, and my act of confronting the man obviously him.
"well, sir" i said with a sarcastic tone. "You should really hope you have enough spoils to pay for the wounds you will soon be receiving."
The smelly man laughed, and his laugh was the most annoying thing i had ever heard. the noise bellowed in my ears, and i could take it no longer. I charged for him, and when i was but a few feet away, a threw a punch at him. he flew back quite a ways, and crashed into a table. I helped the young waitress he had assaulted get to her feet, and behind the counter to safety. the other patrons were all standing up on their feet, adrenaline rushing through their blood.
The old man was standing up, blood dripping from his lip, and a bruise upon his noggin. He picked up the chair and ran for me with it over his head. I sidled out of his path, and tripped him. he cascaded to the ground, and the chair flew from his hands, barreling out the window. He was o drunk to move now, and all of the waitresses began kicking his drunken body. i saw about 3 or 4, including the on he had tried molesting.
After they had gotten the anger from their systems, i dragged the drunken, chubby old fool to the door, and tossed him outside. At this point I noticed that it was a rather rainy night. I turned back to the patrons of the tavern, and gave a bow.
"my name is Ivan...Ivan LeRoy. pleasure to have been here tonight."
I left the tavern, a placed my hat upon my scalp. a lovely red leather hunter's cap, a large blue feather extending from the middle, swaying behind it. The old pervert lay in the road, he didn't move, but i knew that he was alright.
As the rain fell upon my cap, a strolled about the town, working my way towards Wildes inn. the owner's name, was plainly, Thomas Wildes. He was a generous man, offering even poor beggars some form of bedding for the evening.
I walked in to the Inn and removed my cap. My friend and troop leader, Jamie, walked over to welcome me back to the Inn. Some people would expect Jamie to be a girl, that, and a human, but he was not. He was a cross-breed. Half draconian, half human. The only noticeable differences between him and a regular human were his yellow eyes, naturally blue hair, and large blue wings extending from his shoulder blades.
"ah, so yer back now, eh?" he said heartily. "Well we better start counting sheep, we got a big job tomorrow."
I nodded, and our troop went to our rooms, and started to rest up. I myself lie awake, thinking about something that had happened earlier that day.
In the market, a smelly old drunk was harassing a merchant for having high prices. By the water, a smelly old drunk was yelling at fisherman. I had not the slightest idea as to why. the odd thing about all of these events was that i was that i was present at all of these events, and he was always by me. Was he stalking me?
I decided to put the thought behind me, and started to rest. I heard a faint scratching noise out within the hallways, but i knew what it was. Old Thomas had a cat named Ruffus, who walked among the tavern whenever he felt the need.

I awoke to a loud banging upon the door to my room.
"Ivan! Wake up and come get some food, we have a job to do y'know" Jamie yelled to me. Jamie was a nice man, he never got to mad with his companions, and he protected us all through thick and thin.
I stood up, pulled on some trousers and a shirt, and walked down stairs into the dining hall. Everyone was feasting upon roasted chicken, some cooked eggs, and Thomas' "soup of the morn." Everyone was having a gay old time, eating their food and sharing morning conversations.
I joined in the fun, eating some eggs and Thomas' "Surprise Brew," which was tasty, but dare i ask what was inside it. and after our meal, we went to our rooms, got our gear, and set out to hunt goblins and orcs to get treasure to sell for money. I used my claymore sword, whom i had named Zen, Jamie used his bow and arrows, as well as an immense axe, and everyone else used swords and axes, other than Shawn, who was an Archmage.
Shawn Specialized in the use of fire magic, which orcs find particularly frightening. We set out to our regular hunting ground, a small field but a few miles from an orc fortress in the forest. The large, smelly beasts would patrol the field, making sure no intruders would get through to their fortress.
They used natural elements, large pieces of wood and rocks they could throw. they would sometimes carve large hammers out of wood, or even tie large rocks to other pieces of wood and make heavy hammers. they weren't very intelligent, but they were smart enough.
As usual, we snuck into the field, and Jamie loaded his bow. he signaled with his hand, a simple wrist flick with 2 fingers extended, and we readied our weapons. Jamie flew up in the air and shot off some arrows at the orcs, promptly killing but a few
We dashed out and saw what we were up against. in that small field, we saw no less than about 150 orcs, nearly twice as much as usual. I felt quite a bit overwhelmed at first, but Shawn made haste, and shot out about 3 fireballs, which struck the ground and blew up into large blotches of flames. We seized the opportunity and stormed out, waving our weapons about. The orcs that were frightened by the flames were easy kills, the others put up a bit of a struggle.
We were doing great, we slashed open the dead orcs gold pouches and looted whatever we could. Not until we saw the dark draconians emerge from the forest with orcs, did we worry. it wasn't the appearance of the draconians fighting the orcs, but rather, helping them.
"oh...that's not to good right there," Jamie said "quick, RUN!"
but before he could do nearly anything, a dark draconian jumped up and threw him to the ground, before falling atop Jamie's bruised body, and vigorously slashing at his body.
We did the first thing that came to mind, and ran. Shawn shot a few fireballs out before joining his fleeing party, though the draconians ran through the flames. The orcs were hurling boulders the size of 1 of Garn's scales, which was about the size of a human with his arms and legs spread out. We couldn't fight, we could only run.
A rock landed just inches behind me, and flung me forward.
"Shit!" i yelled as I tumble forward.
"Don't stop!" Shawn yelled, firing a few more fireballs at the draconians. The draconian soldiers simply let out loud howls and growls and proceeded to chase my troop, though i saw 3 or 4 heading my way. I got up and fast as i could, but i was immediately tackled by an orc, who threw me closer to the draconians.
"dear lord, save me" i mumbled under my breath, as i saw a dark draconian leap into the air. I braced myself for the hit, but to my surprise, there wasn't one.
I saw a truly amazing sight, ice and water draconians fighting off the dark draconians and orcs. A few golden draconians were engaged in the brawl as well. I decided it was best to leave and let the draconians spill the blood of their own brethren.

I eventually made it back to town, and found my troop. They were all a little bruised from fighting the orcs, but relatively unharmed. Shawn was no where in sight, which left me a wee bit surprised.
"Where's that magic using bastard?!" I exclaimed at the sight of Shawn not present.
"he was ne'er here" one of the lower troop members said.
"Are ye sayin' he died?" i asked.
"not likely" the peon replied
"well I don't see him around, so I'm assuming that he has been killed" i replied, and walked off to Wildes' Tavern, with the troop following behind me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth
I spend many lonely nights wishing Alice would lock me in my bedchamber and pleasure me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderRebelNews via Skype
There are too few hours in a day for things like 'eating'
Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-2010, 11:07 PM   #2
Anonymous
Logical Douche
Points: 77, Level: 1 Points: 77, Level: 1 Points: 77, Level: 1

My Mood: Thinking
Anonymous has a spectacular aura aboutAnonymous has a spectacular aura about

Well I say, this is a very long story, and I find it to be rather well done.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:39 PM   #3
Alice
Princess of NFF~
Points: 32,423, Level: 100 Points: 32,423, Level: 100 Points: 32,423, Level: 100

Alice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant future

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Member of the Month NFF Old Man Award NFF Annual Awards Level 100 Award NFF's 4th Annual Award Royalty Welcome Wagon Joker 

Send a message via MSN to Alice Send a message via Skype™ to Alice 3DS Friend Code: 3711-7997-2642 Xbox Live Gamertag: ArktikAlice
I forgot I posted this, but i want people to read it, so...
bump

Quote:
I spend many lonely nights wishing Alice would lock me in my bedchamber and pleasure me!
Quote:
Old 02-08-2011, 03:54 AM   #4
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1
Points: 58,343, Level: 100 Points: 58,343, Level: 100 Points: 58,343, Level: 100
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom

My Mood: Woot
SuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Level 100 Award NFF Promoter Review of the Month Monster Poster 
Total Awards: 19

Send a message via AIM to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via MSN to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Yahoo to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Skype™ to SuperGamecube64 Xbox Live Gamertag: SuperGamecube64

Except I'm not trollin'. haha.

My only complaint is, as usual, I hate the lack of spacing. But hey, maybe I just use too much spacing. Either way i's still far more readable than most things on NFF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandyn View Post
You wield the banhammer like Thor wields Mjolnir.

"No, you're clearly wrong. A game's success is determined by the score. Opinions are facts now, and if this game gets too many negative facts then this game clearly sucks so we should all just leave and play Kingdom Hearts and Call of Duty.(that hurt to type)" - Sabeta_Sama of GFAQs
Old 04-17-2011, 06:44 PM   #5
Alice
Princess of NFF~

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGamecube64 View Post

Except I'm not trollin'. haha.

My only complaint is, as usual, I hate the lack of spacing. But hey, maybe I just use too much spacing. Either way i's still far more readable than most things on NFF.
I take that as a positive.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-18-2011, 11:46 AM   #6
Final Flourish
Light Grenade
Points: 5,497, Level: 47 Points: 5,497, Level: 47 Points: 5,497, Level: 47
User owns 1x Pegasuses Boots User owns 1x Magic Cape Feather User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x Poke Doll

My Mood: Devilish
Final Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to behold

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Royalty Poster 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:
He was too drunk to move now, and all of the waitresses began kicking his drunken body.

^ Best part of the story right here.
I lol'd so hard.
I read the whole thing, phew. Good story.
Old 03-03-2012, 07:58 PM   #7
Alice
Princess of NFF~

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase

You know... I have no idea what compelled me to write this story, but thank you guys for at least reading it.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-04-2012, 01:17 AM   #8
Mikematute
Zombie Prosecutor
Points: 12,827, Level: 73 Points: 12,827, Level: 73 Points: 12,827, Level: 73
User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Triforce

My Mood: Gaming
Mikematute is a glorious beacon of lightMikematute is a glorious beacon of lightMikematute is a glorious beacon of lightMikematute is a glorious beacon of lightMikematute is a glorious beacon of light

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Royalty Review of the Month Poster 
Total Awards: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice Scarlet View Post
You know... I have no idea what compelled me to write this story, but thank you guys for at least reading it.
lol...I remember reading it when you first posted it...It was ...ok, nice....maybe great...

WHO THE **** DO YOU THINK I AM
Old 03-04-2012, 01:41 PM   #9
Alice
Princess of NFF~

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase

It's like, a year old, and even then, I wrote it about a year before I posted it, so it's not great.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-05-2012, 01:00 PM   #10
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1
Points: 58,343, Level: 100 Points: 58,343, Level: 100 Points: 58,343, Level: 100
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom

My Mood: Woot
SuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Level 100 Award NFF Promoter Review of the Month Monster Poster 
Total Awards: 19

Send a message via AIM to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via MSN to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Yahoo to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Skype™ to SuperGamecube64 Xbox Live Gamertag: SuperGamecube64
Everybody starts somewhere. To be honest, I haven't written a REALLY good story since I was like 16, despite improvements in my grammar and writing abilities. You guys seemed to enjoy "Immortal" a hell of a lot, but I recently started editing some stuff in it to continue, and frankly, it's kind of pathetic as is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandyn View Post
You wield the banhammer like Thor wields Mjolnir.

"No, you're clearly wrong. A game's success is determined by the score. Opinions are facts now, and if this game gets too many negative facts then this game clearly sucks so we should all just leave and play Kingdom Hearts and Call of Duty.(that hurt to type)" - Sabeta_Sama of GFAQs
Closed Thread

Tags
dragon, elements, fantasy, rawr