Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > Media Entertainment > Music Reviews

Notices

Music Reviews Post your Music reviews here.

Closed Review

Review Tools
Ocean Eyes
Ocean Eyes
Owl City
Published by Rai17
11-27-2010
Author review
Rate the Music
90%90%90%
Average 90%
Ocean Eyes

Tracks:
01. Cave In
02. The Bird and the Worm
03. Hello Seattle
04. Umbrella Beach
05. The Saltwater Room
06. Dental Care
07. Meteor Shower
08. On the Wing
09. Fireflies
10. The Tip of the Iceberg
11. Vanilla Twilight
12. Tidal Wave

Individual Reviews
I will just be reviewing every song individually just to give a short 'preview' of each:

01. Cave In
Rai17's Rating: 4.5 Stars
This track gives the listener a 'rebellious and fed up' mood. It's great for those moments where you're just tired of everything the world has thrown at you, and you just want to get away.
02. The Bird and the Worm
Rai17's Rating: 3 Stars
There really isn't much to say about this track, only that it has an optimistic message, and that one who really isn't a fan of positivity can easily get annoyed by it.
03. Hello Seattle
Rai17's Rating: 5 Stars
This song isn't technically 'new'; the original version was released a while ago in the first Owl City album, 'Of June'. This version is in many ways much different than the first. It offers an updated beat, and louder vocals The song offers an adventurous message, where the singer pays homage to Seattle (as the title states).
04. Umbrella Beach
One word: melancholic. The beat's very bright, but the message of the song lets the listener remember home, and how much of an impact it can have when you're out on your own. A GAMER'S PERSPECTIVE: Listen tot he song!! It sounds a lot like the setting of 'Mother 3'!!! Anwyays, the first time I heard this song, I couldn't help but shed a tear.
05. The Saltwater Room (feat. Breanne Duren)
Yet another remake. Yet another way to love a song that was already a good one! This is one of the only Owl City tracks that also includes another voice: The beautiful Breanne Duren! The original song was released in the second alcum 'Maybe I'm Dreaming'. It gives you a bubbly, yet myseriously warm feeling when you listen to it. Like the tittle suggests, it also gives a sea-like sound.
06. Dental Care
This song is simply adorable :3 Unless you hate your teeth. This song is probably THE most innocent song ever. Enough said.
07. Meteor Shower
The shortest song ever, with the nicest message. It's a nice song if you've commited a mistake, and want to mend it.
08. On the Wing
The original was released in the second album, and features Breanne Duren again.
09. Fireflies
Don't take in consideration the amount of plays it has on the radio. Listen to it!
10. The Tip of the Iceberg
It has a winter theme that I absolutely love. I AM a Winter Man
11. Vanilla Twilight
Rai17's Rating: 4 Stars
Such a nostalgic song... The writer tells the story if his girlfriend that has passed away. True story :'(
12. Tidal Wave
This final track's message brings courage on to the listener's mind. It tells that 'There's a bright light up ahead, and help is on the way'
Additional tracks are included in the Deluxe Edition [Comming soon!!]
Sponsored Links
By Colorful CrAzYoNzZ on 11-29-2010, 07:27 AM
I love Owl City. <33
Your review of each song was pretty spot-on, and you even opened my eyes to what some of the songs meant.
I had no idea about Vanilla Twilight :'(
By Mario on 11-29-2010, 08:16 AM
Good Review Rai!
By Rai17 on 11-30-2010, 10:41 PM
Thanks Mario!! I'll be online wayyyyyyyyyyyy more often now :3
Crayonz, I love you!!!!
By Xenon on 12-01-2010, 05:57 AM
Loved the review. My favourite track on the album is Tip of the Iceberg. I love it, "I'll travel the sub-zero tundra...".
By Rai17 on 12-01-2010, 06:39 PM
"..of great glaciers and frozen lakes; and that's just the tip of the iceberg! I'll do whatever it takes...to change.." It's my favorite too xD
Glad you liked it
By Wiidude on 12-01-2010, 09:14 PM
Wiidude enjoys the Umbrella track. Exceptional review Rai17.
By Rai17 on 12-02-2010, 10:56 PM
"Umbrella Beach" is actually one of the tracks that challenge me as a singer. The music video and song itself resembles "Mother 3" so much in Lucas's perspective.
By Wiidude on 12-03-2010, 03:39 PM
You are a singer?
By Rai17 on 12-04-2010, 02:21 AM
I like to sing as a hobby. I like my covers of Umbrella Beach, Fireflies, and ip of the Iceberg. ><' The notes he hits though, oh my gosh!
Closed Review