Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Member Game Reviews > Other Reviews

Notices

Other Reviews Playstation, Xbox, PC, or any other console game Review. Also console reviews too

View Poll Results: Which do you believe is better?
Black Ops 5 83.33%
Medal of Honor 1 16.67%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Comment

Review Tools
Medal of Honor(2010) Vs. Call of Duty: Black Ops
Xbox 360 Singleplayer
Published by SirManguydude
12-10-2010
Author review
GraphicsN/A
StorylineN/A
Controls/GameplayN/A
SoundN/A
Average N/A%

Medal of Honor
Versus
Black Ops

Final Extraction-Medal of Honor Soundtrack

Medal of Honor's single player is the first game made by Danger Close studio.

Graphics: Character models are slightly outdated, but there are dust particles and the explosions and other smoke effects are amazing. Of course, I don't judge games on graphics so I don't care.

Storyline and Gameplay:
ABSOLUTELY STUNNING. Even in the short time you are with each protagonist, I feel so attached to Dutch, Duece and Dante. The game makes sure that you don't stay too bored, as you start to get bored, the game throws you a loop, whether that is going from a Stealthy mission, to riding on ATVs, to Shooting down people in an Apache, to jumping out of a Chinook as it plummets to the ground. This is where the game shines, and I can tell you, I actually cried, had feelings of elation as we received back up right as I clicked empty, to the sudden adrenaline fuel bloodstream I gained from jumping out of the helicopter(actually pushing me to play for another hour).

Sound: The gunshots are beautiful, whether suppressed or not. That is actually one of my favorite features, is that you can quickly screw on a suppressor at any time. Also the soundtrack is absolutely amazing, and matches so well to every moment of the game. Stealth sections had stealthy sounding music, action packed defend this point had harder music. Fully Orchestrated beautifulness.

Controls: The same as every shooter. Why fix what is not broken.

Revenge- Black Ops Soundtrack

Call of Duty: Black Ops is the 5th Call of Duty game made by Treyarce(Counting MW Reflex) and the 15th CoD game(Including Mobilized, and the Iphone WaW Zombies).

Within 24 hours of going on sale, the game sold more than 7 million copies, 5.6 million in the U.S. and 1.4 million in the U.K., breaking the record set by its predecessor Modern Warfare 2 by some 2.5 million copies.

Graphics:
They are worse then MW2, though it uses an updated version of IW 4 Engine.

Gameplay/Story:
Groundbreaking for the Call of Duty, not only do you get to see your/Alex Mason's face and hear speech, without having to wait for a sequel. This is the most story driven Call of Duty to date. Of course, the short coming is that the game is made by Treyarch who tend to steal stuff from other games. Remember the final moments of CoD4? Well that happens in Black Ops as well, more than once. Breach and Clear to save hostages, check. Fatherly Figure/old guy, check. So much more, but I don't want to spoil it.

Sound: The soundtrack was pretty darn forgettable, and I wasn't impressed as much. I hate that this might ruin my credibility because by this point, I sound like a MoH fanboy(I haven't gotten to the multiplayer yet, so hold out on that name just yet.)

Controls:
Same as always.

Verdict:
Without further ado, I strongly believe that Medal of Honor wins by about 5 points(rounded). I would argue that Medal of Honor 2010 has one of the most emotional compelling stories of any shooter. Though if you do want a little bit of everything, or the fact that Christmas/Hanukkah are just around the corner, you can always ask for both. Of course, your own personal judgment on which you want more (and my eventual MP review), may spur your decision.

Published by
LoZ Expert
SirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond repute
Sponsored Links
By AlloftheAbove on 12-31-2010, 09:23 AM
I think this would be more of an article than a review, but good job nonetheless.
By Buffalo Soldier on 12-31-2010, 12:15 PM
I hate both of them.
By Cam3ron36@NFF on 12-31-2010, 03:54 PM
Don't like either, sick of WW II realistic shooters.
By Megas75 on 12-31-2010, 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam3ronNFF View Post
Don't like either, sick of WW II realistic shooters.
Ummm.... Neither of the 2 are WWII shooters
By Cam3ron36@NFF on 12-31-2010, 10:50 PM
oh well, still same formula with the realistic gun and battles. Don't care for it at all.
By SirManguydude on 01-02-2011, 07:20 PM
I am working on another wonderful set of different styled reviews for all of you. Frankly I find it boring looking at the same boring format over and over again, thus this review, it is reviewing not one, but two games at once.
By SuperGamecube64 on 01-03-2011, 03:31 PM
It's a little to bare bones...almost seems like a rough draft of a final version, or actually more like an idea list for the actual review/comparison...
By SirManguydude on 01-03-2011, 10:11 PM
That is because it is, I didn't think anyone wanted to listen to me rambling on for ten pages. I did some serious fat trimming.
Comment