Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Member Game Reviews > Other Reviews

Notices

Other Reviews Playstation, Xbox, PC, or any other console game Review. Also console reviews too

Comment

Review Tools
God of war 3
God of war 3
Vengence Complete
Published by Cloud7
12-13-2010
Author review
Graphics
95%95%95%
Storyline
85%85%85%
Controls/Gameplay
95%95%95%
Sound
60%60%60%
Average 84%
God of war 3

Welcome back to the end of my trilogy review special sorry it took so long to complete but hey I am a busy busy man sometimes. Ok so Here it is the long awaited for God of War 3 review.

So once again it picks up where God of War 2 leaves off where our Anti-hero/ hero Kratos is still seeking his vengence on the gods of Olympus for trying to destroy him. On his way to kill his ultimate goal Zeus he is double crossed and thrown into Hades once again and has to find a way back to the mountain of Olympus.

Real gameplay screenshot^^^^

Ok so the graphics this time around were better than the original onces even if they were taken up into 1080p format these are still better by a long shot because lets face it they were made for the 1080p style. The maps for the game are still unimaginably huge and well thought out for some of the puzzle maps. The character models look very good in this one and when you cut something up well lets just say unlike the other ones Kratos gets extremely messy. All in all the graphics are great along with the new and improved camera angle system. I give it a 9.5 on the graphics.

real gameplay screenshot ^^^

Ok so the storyline is still virtually the same but with a new or kindasorta new concept he got stripped of his powers yet again at the first of this game so he has to refind the power to kill a god. But the main header gave a bit more story than this so if you want a bit more on the story without buying the game read that but if I were you I'ld buy the game and play through it. Story gets a 8.5.

real gameplay screenshot^^^^

Anyways this is going to be my favorite spot in this review well because only one thing pissed me off from this game and this time it wasn't the weapons. Ok so Imma go on and take out the thing that pissed me off with the game then we'll go on with the rest of the awesomeness. So what really pissed me off with the game is glitches, they were everywhere around every corner and if you screwed up you had to start over from the last save point because the glitch also would kill Kratos and just imagine if you didn't save for a while. Yeah needless to say they needed to have fixed that bug. Now for the better part of the stuff the controls then moving right along into the weapons and magic segment. Ok so the controls for this game were about the same as God of War 2 they went with the flow of the game and it was very very fun to use this time around. Anyways Now the weapons and magic. Yes i am throwing weapons and magic together because well depending on what weapon you're using it is a special kind of magic in it. Anyways like i was saying earlier the weapons don't suck ass in this game because they all work the same way just have different abilities. This time around they are all on chains and have a great amount of reach to the monsters where it is like the Blades he normally uses. So a good example of a new weapon is the the Chestus or as I call them the boxing gloves but they are still on chains I know it is shocking to have a set of boxing gloves on chains but it works just like the blades it is awesome. And in this one you get a bow, not on a chain, for the first time and it can set crap on fire. D: Another good weapon is Hades hooks you can rack up a heck of a combo with those if worked properly. But I'll save some of the other secret weapons for those that buy the game and play it. Anyways the controls and gameplay are amazing the only thing that got me was the glitch I give it a 9.5.

Last but not least is the sounds in the game. So the voiceovers were done by the same people from the other games and new people for the other gods on Olympus they all did a remarkable job. The music pissed me off because well lets face it after 3 games and they are still using the same music as the other games well it gets to piss me off and kinda stale as well. so I give the music a 6.0.

Well that wraps up my trilogy review of the God of War series on the Ps3 I may go back and take the time to do Ghost of Sparta and Chains of Olympus later on depending on if people want to see those reviews. Anyways you guys and girls take care and remember this review is based on my own personal views of the game. Oh yeah and here is a special thing to show everyone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyW72...eature=related

Take care until next time everyone

Cloud7
Published by
Silent Lurker
Cloud7 will become famous soon enoughCloud7 will become famous soon enough
Sponsored Links
By SuperGamecube64 on 12-13-2010, 12:49 PM
when you say "real gameplay" do you mean that you took a screen capture or that it is simply a shot you found on google search that is a gameplay screenshot?

Anyway, it's a pretty good review. simple and to the point. GoW3 is a very good (even if overrated) hack and slash.
By Cloud7 on 12-13-2010, 03:25 PM
Member reviews
Graphics
95%95%95%
Storyline
85%85%85%
Controls/Gameplay
95%95%95%
Sound
60%60%60%
Average 84%
when I say real it was taken while during gameplay not that I actually took the pictures myself.

~Cloud
Comment