Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > General Chat > WorldWide News, Politics & Religion

Notices

WorldWide News, Politics & Religion Title Says It All

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 05:30 AM   #1
AlloftheAbove
Points: 23,920, Level: 94 Points: 23,920, Level: 94 Points: 23,920, Level: 94
User owns 1x Purple Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Yellow Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Red Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Light Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Grey Chaos Emerald

My Mood: Gaming
AlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Ice Bucket Challenge Review of the Month Review of the Month Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award NFF Referrer Review of the Month 
Total Awards: 39

3DS Friend Code: 4382-1995-8800 PSN ID: RaptorWaffles Xbox Live Gamertag: RaptorWaffles WiiU ID: AlloftheAbove
ouch Floods in Australia

I'm sure you may have heard already, but this forum is lacking in Australia-related news, so any excuse is a good excuse.

The floods in Queensland, Australia have been no-doubt devastating for everyone living in those areas, and anyone with relatives or close ties with the people affected. Billions of dollars worth of damage has been dealt to Queensland homes, and people are still coming to terms with what has happened.

I'm unaware of whether the floods are still present or if they have subsided, but either way, the community need support. I won't pressure you or guilt you into donating to the organisations helping these Australians, but it would be strongly appreciated.

Anyway, discuss.
Old 01-18-2011, 07:48 AM   #2
Mikematute
Zombie Prosecutor
Points: 12,827, Level: 73 Points: 12,827, Level: 73 Points: 12,827, Level: 73
User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Triforce

Mikematute is a glorious beacon of lightMikematute is a glorious beacon of lightMikematute is a glorious beacon of lightMikematute is a glorious beacon of lightMikematute is a glorious beacon of light

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Royalty Review of the Month Poster 
Total Awards: 4

unfortunatly the only support I can give is my prayer. Im really sorry but I will try to convince some people.

WHO THE **** DO YOU THINK I AM
Old 01-18-2011, 03:20 PM   #3
AlloftheAbove
User owns 1x Purple Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Yellow Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Red Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Light Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Grey Chaos Emerald

AlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Ice Bucket Challenge Review of the Month Review of the Month Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award NFF Referrer Review of the Month 

3DS Friend Code: 4382-1995-8800 PSN ID: RaptorWaffles Xbox Live Gamertag: RaptorWaffles WiiU ID: AlloftheAbove
Well, this thread isn't really just about asking for money, but rather just a regular discussion thread. The donation part was a sidenote.

I just find it strange that this time last year, we had a massive fire that wiped out whole suburbs. Goes to show how unpredictable Australia is.
Old 01-18-2011, 03:43 PM   #4
Colorful CrAzYoNzZ
Pink Pearl Voice
Points: 7,909, Level: 59 Points: 7,909, Level: 59 Points: 7,909, Level: 59
User owns 1x Poke Doll User owns 1x Chao User owns 1x Mr Saturn

My Mood: In Love
Colorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant future

Awards Showcase
NFF Ice Bucket Challenge Game Reviewer Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Royalty Poster Princess Award NFF 3rd Annual Award 
Total Awards: 10

Send a message via MSN to Colorful CrAzYoNzZ Send a message via Skype™ to Colorful CrAzYoNzZ Xbox Live Gamertag: z0mbii baItt
It's terrible, but I'm sure there is a reason for everything...

If you look everybody here is trying on new faces
And the ones that fit are surprisingly contagious
With a shiny new beginning we cordially invite you to
Into the dressing room.
Old 01-18-2011, 04:50 PM   #5
Crazy Chocobo
Points: 585, Level: 11 Points: 585, Level: 11 Points: 585, Level: 11
User owns 1x Cucoo

My Mood: Doh
Crazy Chocobo will become famous soon enough

Yeah it was really bad, I live in Queensland and was affected by it but we were lucky. We had a lot of water lying around our yard but I live up on a slant so my house didn't get flooded. A lot of areas around here though weren't so lucky and it was quite terrible. I got to take a load of photos around the place, it's something I don't think we'll ever witness again in this lifetime. Brisbane and areas of Ipswich are a mess and they are in the process of cleaning up which is going to take months.

Roads are damaged and dangerous but fortunately we can get through to go shopping and what not now. Milk and bread was in short supply all last week, milk still is in short supply but hopefully it'll be more than available to everybody soon. It was just crazy, I know people who have lost houses and its' very sad. I just hope their insurance companies cover everything and don't muck about.

There's a lot of work to be done but everybody is getting together and helping each other, even total strangers to try and get everything back to normal as quick as they can but it's still going to take a long time. People are just starting to go back to work now so it'll be a long journey.

I'm just grateful we got out of it alright, our town got flooded but a fair bit of it was just fine so we are all grateful of that.

Old 01-18-2011, 06:45 PM   #6
Mikematute
Zombie Prosecutor
Points: 12,827, Level: 73 Points: 12,827, Level: 73 Points: 12,827, Level: 73
User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Triforce

Mikematute is a glorious beacon of lightMikematute is a glorious beacon of lightMikematute is a glorious beacon of lightMikematute is a glorious beacon of lightMikematute is a glorious beacon of light

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Royalty Review of the Month Poster 
Total Awards: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlloftheAbove View Post

I just find it strange that this time last year, we had a massive fire that wiped out whole suburbs. Goes to show how unpredictable Australia is.
I dont know why here in mexico those kind of notices dont get to our ears and I know it is awful.

WHO THE **** DO YOU THINK I AM
Old 01-18-2011, 09:31 PM   #7
Brandyn
The Gentleman
Points: 59,285, Level: 100 Points: 59,285, Level: 100 Points: 59,285, Level: 100
User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 2x SNES Controller User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Four Sword
User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 1x Fire Element

My Mood: Lonely
Brandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
NFF Ice Bucket Challenge NFF Annual Awards Brawl AM First Time Award Mufasa Yoshi NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month 
Total Awards: 16

Send a message via AIM to Brandyn Send a message via Yahoo to Brandyn Send a message via Skype™ to Brandyn 3DS Friend Code: 3282-3036-3021 PSN ID: Brandyn_Johnson WiiU ID: Brandyn_Johnson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorful CrAzYoNzZ View Post
It's terrible, but I'm sure there is a reason for everything...
Well, I can't really imagine what could come from such a natural disaster other than sheer devastion.

Anyway, this is bad news, but glad you guys were okay and relatively unaffected by the flood. What's this world coming to? Nevertheless, I'm sure the U.S. will attempt to jump to the rescue, despite that our own economy is in the crapper. But for something like this, I could see why.

Old 01-18-2011, 10:46 PM   #8
Colorful CrAzYoNzZ
Pink Pearl Voice
Points: 7,909, Level: 59 Points: 7,909, Level: 59 Points: 7,909, Level: 59
User owns 1x Poke Doll User owns 1x Chao User owns 1x Mr Saturn

My Mood: In Love
Colorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant future

Awards Showcase
NFF Ice Bucket Challenge Game Reviewer Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Royalty Poster Princess Award NFF 3rd Annual Award 
Total Awards: 10

Send a message via MSN to Colorful CrAzYoNzZ Send a message via Skype™ to Colorful CrAzYoNzZ Xbox Live Gamertag: z0mbii baItt
Natural disasters are becoming increasingly frequent, it's scary.

If you look everybody here is trying on new faces
And the ones that fit are surprisingly contagious
With a shiny new beginning we cordially invite you to
Into the dressing room.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:33 PM   #9
Rin
Nintendo King/Queen
Points: 39,442, Level: 100 Points: 39,442, Level: 100 Points: 39,442, Level: 100

Rin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant future

Awards Showcase
Royalty NFF 3rd Annual Award Level 100 Award Member of the Month Monster Poster Yoshi Poster 
Total Awards: 7

No they aren't. They're just more publicized due to massive media coverage and improving warning systems/tech.

Either way, it sucks that these things happen, but they do.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:05 AM   #10
AlloftheAbove

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase

Our poor, neighbouring countries like Indonesia and Papua New Guinea have sent vastly generous amounts of money and support to the victims, and it's actually quite heartwarming, considering that those countries have very little themselves.

Although I live in the state below Queensland (New South Wales), I have relatives up there that are fortunate enough to have been living on a large hill at the time and were relatively unaffected. My brother, however, was there for a holiday and was trapped in a petrol station for around a day and a half.