Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > Microsoft Xbox

Notices

Microsoft Xbox Post anything relating to Microsoft Xbox and Xbox One.

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 07:24 PM   #1
cpmadrid08
Johto Champion
Points: 2,102, Level: 27 Points: 2,102, Level: 27 Points: 2,102, Level: 27

My Mood: Tired
cpmadrid08 is an unknown quantity at this point

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Royalty 
Total Awards: 1

Send a message via AIM to cpmadrid08 Xbox Live Gamertag: cpmadrid10
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Info thread

I will be posting information, and pictures and possibly trailers for the upcoming game Skyrim! I cannot wait. Stay tunes for updates.

Update: 1/20/11
The release date for Skyrim will be 11/11/2011

Update: 1/21/11
Previous announcements have stated that TES V would be built on a new version of the Gamebryo engine used in Oblivion and Fallout 3/New Vegas, but a Tweet from Bethesda Community Manager Nick Breckon stated, "We can now confirm that the TES V: Skyrim engine is all-new. And it looks fantastic." A followup answer stated that the engine was "a new graphics/gameplay engine built internally" and that more details would be forthcoming.

I'll have more updates soon, don't worry

Sig by Cindy

Sig by DragonLX

Last edited by cpmadrid08; 01-21-2011 at 11:38 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2011, 06:07 AM   #2
AlloftheAbove
Points: 24,971, Level: 95 Points: 24,971, Level: 95 Points: 24,971, Level: 95
User owns 1x Purple Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Yellow Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Red Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Light Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Grey Chaos Emerald

My Mood: Gaming
AlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Review of the Month NFF Ice Bucket Challenge Review of the Month Review of the Month Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award NFF Referrer 
Total Awards: 40

3DS Friend Code: 4382-1995-8800 PSN ID: RaptorWaffles Xbox Live Gamertag: RaptorWaffles WiiU ID: AlloftheAbove
I honestly can't wait for this. I loved every little bit of Oblivion and I am so pumped for Skyrim.
Also, it's the fifth game; not the fourth.
Old 01-21-2011, 11:34 AM   #3
cpmadrid08
Johto Champion

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Royalty 

Sorry about that, thanks

Sig by Cindy

Sig by DragonLX

Last edited by cpmadrid08; 01-23-2011 at 11:28 AM.
Old 01-22-2011, 03:30 PM   #4
SirManguydude
LoZ Expert
Points: 11,208, Level: 69 Points: 11,208, Level: 69 Points: 11,208, Level: 69
User owns 1x Gold Coin User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Earth Element User owns 1x Mirror Shield User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Fire Element User owns 1x Master Sword
User owns 1x Heart Tank User owns 1x Z-Saber User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Black Belt

My Mood: Lonely
SirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award NFF 3rd Annual Award Royalty Super Member Good Grammar Award Yoshi Signature of the Month Banner of the Month 
Total Awards: 12

Time for SMGD's Update of cool info about Skyrim, in commercial form.

Have you ever been chased by three knights, low on health, and trying to heal yourself with your magic? How about this scenario, but you turn down the wrong street, and boom, you are cornered. No way you can heal yourself fast enough, and still live to tell about it. I bring you, Elder Scrolls Skyrim's Dual wielding system. Now you can give them a system shock of lightning, while you make your body rock with some nice healing magic. Or how about upping the power of your lightning? Boom, attach lighting to both your hands, and you will spew more lightning death then a storm. Note: Dual wielding also works with weapons, though Duel Wielding incorporated will not take responsibility because no doubt enemies will be able to do it to. Use at your own risk.

Too much work. Ok. Now to Radiant Story. Oblivion, which used the Radiant AI empowered NPC to enact their own daily schedules and needs. In Skyrim, Bethesda has applied the same principles to work at a much wider, moment to moment character interactions with the world. In layman terms, the Radiant story system is about reacting to the player's actions, whether they be tiny, or of the broadest of plot points. You are walking around a city, when a mage comes up to you, and challenges you to a duel. If you had raised your weapons skills higher, that person would have been another knight/adventurer. You are over encumbered and cannot move. You drop this nice broadsword, because it is the least useful heavy item you have at the moment. Lets say a young kid finds it there. All of a sudden, a boy approaches you and talks to you. "Sir, did you drop this on purpose?". Or another instance, you drop the sword, and two men go diving to the cobblestones to get it. They both grab it at the same time, ending up with a brawl over the item. Thus are the ways of Radiant Story.

Menu's have lost the bulk of Oblivion. When you open up the menu, you are treated with a four directional menu. Press up, and it goes to skills. Your character looks to the sky, each constellation represents a skill. You press down, and now you are looking at the ground. It zooms out, and now you are staring at a map of Skyrim. Pushing left will send you into your Magic spells, and right will send you into your weapons and items.

Did you feel uncomfortable with the way Bethesda zoomed in on whoever you were talking to's face? Well that system is now gone. They may occasionally stare back at you, or even turn around to cook, cut timber, use the forge to carve new swords etc. Now, the NPCs will talk to each other, and you can eavesdrop that someone lost something, or hear a comment on an unusual situation, thus leading your log to be updated automatically on the subject.

One more thing before I end this long post. Your character can now engage in more simple activities around town. Make youreself a new weapon, mix strange alchemical substance, enchat items, farm, mine, cut wood, or even cook, when you need a break from the life or death adventuring.

A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit.

Old 01-23-2011, 01:23 AM   #5
Crazy Chocobo
Points: 585, Level: 11 Points: 585, Level: 11 Points: 585, Level: 11
User owns 1x Cucoo

My Mood: Doh
Crazy Chocobo will become famous soon enough

I totally can't wait until Skyrim, I loved Oblivion.. I was very much addicted to it. My best friend got me into it, thank God because it's amazing. He got me the game for Christmas and I was hooked as soon as I started playing. I'm looking forward to seeing other teaser trailers so I'll definitely keep checking back here for any new info.

Old 01-23-2011, 11:31 AM   #6
cpmadrid08
Johto Champion

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Royalty 

Skyrim Teaser Trailer:

(Let me know if the video is working because it isn't working for me)

Sig by Cindy

Sig by DragonLX
Old 01-23-2011, 09:29 PM   #7
Crazy Chocobo
Points: 585, Level: 11 Points: 585, Level: 11 Points: 585, Level: 11
User owns 1x Cucoo

My Mood: Doh
Crazy Chocobo will become famous soon enough

It doesn't work for me, I only see a white box.

Old 01-24-2011, 01:19 AM   #8
SirManguydude
LoZ Expert
User owns 1x Gold Coin User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Earth Element User owns 1x Mirror Shield User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Fire Element User owns 1x Master Sword
User owns 1x Heart Tank User owns 1x Z-Saber User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Black Belt

SirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award NFF 3rd Annual Award Royalty Super Member Good Grammar Award Yoshi Signature of the Month Banner of the Month 

I will steal the spotlight then, since you did the youtubing wrong.

A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit.

Old 01-24-2011, 01:03 PM   #9
cpmadrid08
Johto Champion

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Royalty 

haha that's fine. How would I do it though?

Sig by Cindy

Sig by DragonLX
Old 01-24-2011, 06:45 PM   #10
SirManguydude
LoZ Expert

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase

Off topic tutorial
Spoiler
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5lO3zUYU0o
See the code after the "v="? Copy that then...
[*youtube]b5lO3zUYU0o[/youtube*]

Now it will look like this after you delete the *'s of course.

Closed Thread