Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Creative Corner > Profiles and Blogs

Notices

Profiles and Blogs Blogs and Profiles written by our members, telling about themselves.

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 02:24 PM   #1
theichibun
The Youngest Old Man
Points: 971, Level: 16 Points: 971, Level: 16 Points: 971, Level: 16

theichibun will become famous soon enoughtheichibun will become famous soon enough

I Think It's TimeTo Share Now

I've been here long enough, so it's time I shared my site. Partly because I think everyone here will enjoy it. Partly because it's the reason I wanted to join NFF anyway. I've run across a few things where it would have been great if I'd had a group of people to ask instead of having to find the information myself.

Anyway, I've come here to share Juggle Chainsaws, my site where I'm attempting to review every NES game released in the United States in roughly chronological order. I wish I could do the order right, but Nintendo of America doesn't keep good records and there are way too many games where I can't get more specific than a month and year.

One of the things that makes my site different from other review sites is the end of the year wrap ups that I do. I'm statistically looking at the number of good and bad games (as decided by me), further breaking that down into separate graphs for the developer and publisher. Starting with the 1987 wrap up (since I combined 1985 and 1986 into one data set) I'll have separate graphs for just that year and everything done so far.

One of the interesting things so far is how Micronics, a notoriously bad developer, has a better good game percentage than Nintendo for the first two years.

Another highlight is how I'm addressing games that are done to death. The best, and ironically enough latest, example is Metroid. Way too much of that post is dedicated to how Nintendo was sloppy in referring to Samus as a male character.

Another highlight is how I'm handling bad games. Instead of just ripping Athena to pieces like it so rightly deserves, I go into a spiel about how the entire concept of the game is just stupid based on their inability to properly apply Greek mythology in a way that makes sense. I mean, really, the goddess of war getting bored on Mt Olympus? When would that ever happen?

I've just finished August of 1987 so I thought it would be a good time to share. Any feedback would be great, and I'm always looking for other sites to link with that I feel like my readers would be interested in.

Finally, I'm wondering if anyone has ideas for something other than game reviews I can work into the mix. I'm thinking that it might be a good idea to write something about the evolution of the cover art used by the different publishers. But I'm sure you can come up with a lot more.

Last edited by theichibun; 02-03-2011 at 07:49 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2011, 04:10 PM   #2
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1
Points: 57,354, Level: 100 Points: 57,354, Level: 100 Points: 57,354, Level: 100
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom

My Mood: Woot
SuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Level 100 Award NFF Promoter Review of the Month Monster Poster 
Total Awards: 19

Send a message via AIM to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via MSN to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Yahoo to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Skype™ to SuperGamecube64 Xbox Live Gamertag: SuperGamecube64
Definitely keeping my eye peeled for the cover art one.

Check me out on Facebook!
Like action figures? Click here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandyn View Post
You wield the banhammer like Thor wields Mjolnir.

"No, you're clearly wrong. A game's success is determined by the score. Opinions are facts now, and if this game gets too many negative facts then this game clearly sucks so we should all just leave and play Kingdom Hearts and Call of Duty.(that hurt to type)" - Sabeta_Sama of GFAQs
Old 02-01-2011, 05:35 PM   #3
Keyman4
The Mega Master
Points: 5,818, Level: 49 Points: 5,818, Level: 49 Points: 5,818, Level: 49
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Sapphire User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance User owns 1x SNES Controller
User owns 1x Poke Ball User owns 1x Cane of Pacci User owns 1x Master Sword

My Mood: Buzzed
Keyman4 will become famous soon enough

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Poster Royalty NFF Referrer 
Total Awards: 3

Send a message via Yahoo to Keyman4
another review site...... *sigh*

SSFIV Mains: Chun Li/ Blanka

[Click here to see the demon in Keyman's dog]
Old 02-01-2011, 05:46 PM   #4
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1
Points: 57,354, Level: 100 Points: 57,354, Level: 100 Points: 57,354, Level: 100
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom

SuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Level 100 Award NFF Promoter Review of the Month Monster Poster 

Send a message via AIM to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via MSN to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Yahoo to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Skype™ to SuperGamecube64 Xbox Live Gamertag: SuperGamecube64
Quote:
Originally Posted by keyman4 View Post
another review site...... *sigh*
Actually, it's not truly a review site. It's quite unique if you ask me. Also, as the operator of my own review site, screw you. People like you who complain over the quantity of such as either jelous of other people's skills and talents or simply can't stomach someone's opinion on things. If you don't like them, don't visit them, but don't bash someone else's passion. He doesn't bash yours.

Quote:

"No, you're clearly wrong. A game's success is determined by the score. Opinions are facts now, and if this game gets too many negative facts then this game clearly sucks so we should all just leave and play Kingdom Hearts and Call of Duty.(that hurt to type)" - Sabeta_Sama of GFAQs
Old 02-01-2011, 06:10 PM   #5
Keyman4
The Mega Master
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Sapphire User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance User owns 1x SNES Controller

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGamecube64 View Post
Actually, it's not truly a review site. It's quite unique if you ask me. Also, as the operator of my own review site, screw you. People like you who complain over the quantity of such as either jelous of other people's skills and talents or simply can't stomach someone's opinion on things. If you don't like them, don't visit them, but don't bash someone else's passion. He doesn't bash yours.

you automatically assumed i bashed this person....i said that because there's so much of these review sites that something inside me forces me to look at it. i don't know if my brain can take it anymore......

sorry, i wasn't trying to sound disrespectful, best luck ichibun!

EDIT: BTW, what other threads have i been disrespectul in besides that waluigi one now that i think about it?

Old 02-01-2011, 06:13 PM   #6
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase

Quote:
you automatically assumed i bashed this person....i said that because there's so much of these review sites that something inside me forces me to look at it. i don't know if my brain can take it anymore......

sorry, i wasn't trying to sound disrespectful, best luck ichibun!

EDIT: BTW, what other threads have i been disrespectul in besides that waluigi one now that i think about it?
the majority of posts you make offering an opinion are disrespectful. You just don't choose your words carefully enough.

Quote:

Old 02-01-2011, 06:51 PM   #7
Keyman4
The Mega Master

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGamecube64 View Post
the majority of posts you make offering an opinion are disrespectful. You just don't choose your words carefully enough.

again the only time i remember doing this is in that waluigi thread........

Old 02-01-2011, 07:48 PM   #8
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase

Quote:
again the only time i remember doing this is in that waluigi thread........
You do it quite consistently, but this really isn't the place to discuss the matter. Back on topic, I really like the goal of his site. What do you plan on doing once you complete this goal, ichi?

Quote:

Old 02-01-2011, 10:46 PM   #9
Colorful CrAzYoNzZ
Tastes like pain
Points: 7,809, Level: 59 Points: 7,809, Level: 59 Points: 7,809, Level: 59
User owns 1x Poke Doll User owns 1x Chao User owns 1x Mr Saturn

My Mood: In Love
Colorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant future

Awards Showcase
Game Reviewer Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Royalty Poster Princess Award NFF 3rd Annual Award Review of the Month 
Total Awards: 9

Send a message via MSN to Colorful CrAzYoNzZ Send a message via Skype™ to Colorful CrAzYoNzZ Xbox Live Gamertag: z0mbii baItt
I like your site.
I find reading game reviews oddly enjoyable.
I'm reading your review on Athena, it's funny. XD

Sig by me! I <3 LSP.

If I never wake up from this bed...
You will be the one good thing I did.
Old 02-01-2011, 11:31 PM   #10
Lukario
Soft Edge
Points: 12,184, Level: 72 Points: 12,184, Level: 72 Points: 12,184, Level: 72

Lukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant future

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Super Member NFF Old Man Award Monster Poster NFF 3rd Annual Award Super Member NFF Artist Joker Inventor Award 
Total Awards: 10

another forum argument...... *sigh*

Tags
blog, nes, nintendo, review, site