Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Nintendo Wii > SSBB

Notices

SSBB Post anything Super Smash Brothers Brawl here.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2011, 05:06 PM   #1
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1
Points: 59,012, Level: 100
Points: 59,012, Level: 100 Points: 59,012, Level: 100 Points: 59,012, Level: 100
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom
 
SuperGamecube64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,389

My Mood: Woot
Thanks: 7
Thanked 15 Times in 13 Posts
Rep Power: 193
SuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Level 100 Award NFF Promoter Review of the Month Monster Poster 
Total Awards: 19

Send a message via AIM to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via MSN to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Yahoo to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Skype™ to SuperGamecube64 Xbox Live Gamertag: SuperGamecube64
Brawl promotes spamming ans n00b tactics

I'm going to take a second to make fun of Brawl. Now, I love this game, so don't get snappy with me.

In 64 and Melee, to continue an attack such as Fox's kick, or Kirby's punch, you had to repeatedly press A. In Brawl, all you have to do is hold A down.

It is much easier to chain grab in Brawl.

Bowser's > +B attack was changed to a body slam with can be used to suicide with the other player in grasp.

I'm not saying I don't use any of these tactics. they are in the game, so of course I pull them out of the bag, especially Bowsers slam, and of course everyone sues the A button. My point is that they should not be. Anyone agree with me that Brawl promotes spamming and cheap tactics?
__________________



Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandyn View Post
You wield the banhammer like Thor wields Mjolnir.

"No, you're clearly wrong. A game's success is determined by the score. Opinions are facts now, and if this game gets too many negative facts then this game clearly sucks so we should all just leave and play Kingdom Hearts and Call of Duty.(that hurt to type)" - Sabeta_Sama of GFAQs
SuperGamecube64 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2011, 05:28 PM   #2
Dudebro
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 300

My Mood: Lurking
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
Dudebro is a glorious beacon of lightDudebro is a glorious beacon of lightDudebro is a glorious beacon of lightDudebro is a glorious beacon of lightDudebro is a glorious beacon of lightDudebro is a glorious beacon of light


Awards Showcase
NFF 3rd Annual Award 
Total Awards: 1

Smash bros has always promoted spamming and unskilled play, it's meant for all ages(the Teen rating is a joke). The difference between spamming a button repeatedly and holding it down is negligible. Both require no skill to use when compared to pretty much any other fighting game.

I do like the games but they have always been easy and designed for anyone to play.
Dudebro is offline  
Old 02-10-2011, 05:42 PM   #3
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1
Points: 59,012, Level: 100
Points: 59,012, Level: 100 Points: 59,012, Level: 100 Points: 59,012, Level: 100
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom
 
SuperGamecube64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,389

My Mood: Woot
Thanks: 7
Thanked 15 Times in 13 Posts
Rep Power: 193
SuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Level 100 Award NFF Promoter Review of the Month Monster Poster 
Total Awards: 19

Send a message via AIM to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via MSN to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Yahoo to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Skype™ to SuperGamecube64 Xbox Live Gamertag: SuperGamecube64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
Smash bros has always promoted spamming and unskilled play, it's meant for all ages(the Teen rating is a joke). The difference between spamming a button repeatedly and holding it down is negligible. Both require no skill to use when compared to pretty much any other fighting game.

I do like the games but they have always been easy and designed for anyone to play.
Of course, I'm not disputing their accessibility. When it comes down to it they are more like party games than fighting games.
__________________



Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandyn View Post
You wield the banhammer like Thor wields Mjolnir.

"No, you're clearly wrong. A game's success is determined by the score. Opinions are facts now, and if this game gets too many negative facts then this game clearly sucks so we should all just leave and play Kingdom Hearts and Call of Duty.(that hurt to type)" - Sabeta_Sama of GFAQs
SuperGamecube64 is offline  
Old 02-10-2011, 06:20 PM   #4
Dudebro
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 300

My Mood: Lurking
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
Dudebro is a glorious beacon of lightDudebro is a glorious beacon of lightDudebro is a glorious beacon of lightDudebro is a glorious beacon of lightDudebro is a glorious beacon of lightDudebro is a glorious beacon of light


Awards Showcase
NFF 3rd Annual Award 
Total Awards: 1

Yeah but because of the accessibility the controls are super simplified. The other games may have been slightly harder overall but by comparison the whole series promotes spamming and cheap tactics.
Dudebro is offline  
Old 02-10-2011, 06:27 PM   #5
Keyman4
The Mega Master
Points: 5,818, Level: 49
Points: 5,818, Level: 49 Points: 5,818, Level: 49 Points: 5,818, Level: 49
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Sapphire User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance User owns 1x SNES Controller
User owns 1x Poke Ball User owns 1x Cane of Pacci User owns 1x Master Sword
 
Keyman4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 1,019

My Mood: Buzzed
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 37
Keyman4 will become famous soon enough

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Poster Royalty NFF Referrer 
Total Awards: 3

Send a message via Yahoo to Keyman4
nah i disagree, i played online alot during the summer of 2010 and I rarely came across anyone who spams moves. however if it is, it's always someone with pikachu
__________________
" The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence"- Gin Rummy

SSFIV Mains: Chun Li/ Blanka





[Click here to see the demon in Keyman's dog]
Keyman4 is offline  
Old 02-10-2011, 06:31 PM   #6
Dudebro
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 300

My Mood: Lurking
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
Dudebro is a glorious beacon of lightDudebro is a glorious beacon of lightDudebro is a glorious beacon of lightDudebro is a glorious beacon of lightDudebro is a glorious beacon of lightDudebro is a glorious beacon of light


Awards Showcase
NFF 3rd Annual Award 
Total Awards: 1

But how would you really know if they're spamming? Because of the way the moves are set up it'd be easy to fake it. I'm not saying everyone, lots of people are way too good at Brawl.
Dudebro is offline  
Old 02-10-2011, 06:34 PM   #7
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1
Points: 59,012, Level: 100
Points: 59,012, Level: 100 Points: 59,012, Level: 100 Points: 59,012, Level: 100
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom
 
SuperGamecube64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,389

My Mood: Woot
Thanks: 7
Thanked 15 Times in 13 Posts
Rep Power: 193
SuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Level 100 Award NFF Promoter Review of the Month Monster Poster 
Total Awards: 19

Send a message via AIM to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via MSN to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Yahoo to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Skype™ to SuperGamecube64 Xbox Live Gamertag: SuperGamecube64
Quote:
Originally Posted by keyman4 View Post
nah i disagree, i played online alot during the summer of 2010 and I rarely came across anyone who spams moves. however if it is, it's always someone with pikachu
Spamming with Pikachu is actually a horrible tactic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
But how would you really know if they're spamming? Because of the way the moves are set up it'd be easy to fake it. I'm not saying everyone, lots of people are way too good at Brawl.
Like my tourneyfag friend, Andy.
__________________



Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandyn View Post
You wield the banhammer like Thor wields Mjolnir.

"No, you're clearly wrong. A game's success is determined by the score. Opinions are facts now, and if this game gets too many negative facts then this game clearly sucks so we should all just leave and play Kingdom Hearts and Call of Duty.(that hurt to type)" - Sabeta_Sama of GFAQs
SuperGamecube64 is offline  
Old 02-10-2011, 06:39 PM   #8
Dudebro
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 300

My Mood: Lurking
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
Dudebro is a glorious beacon of lightDudebro is a glorious beacon of lightDudebro is a glorious beacon of lightDudebro is a glorious beacon of lightDudebro is a glorious beacon of lightDudebro is a glorious beacon of light


Awards Showcase
NFF 3rd Annual Award 
Total Awards: 1

I played against a friend who spends waaaaaay too much time with Brawl. He beat me pretty easily but it wasn't a massacre.
Dudebro is offline  
Old 02-10-2011, 06:48 PM   #9
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1
Points: 59,012, Level: 100
Points: 59,012, Level: 100 Points: 59,012, Level: 100 Points: 59,012, Level: 100
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom
 
SuperGamecube64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,389

My Mood: Woot
Thanks: 7
Thanked 15 Times in 13 Posts
Rep Power: 193
SuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Level 100 Award NFF Promoter Review of the Month Monster Poster 
Total Awards: 19

Send a message via AIM to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via MSN to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Yahoo to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Skype™ to SuperGamecube64 Xbox Live Gamertag: SuperGamecube64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
I played against a friend who spends waaaaaay too much time with Brawl. He beat me pretty easily but it wasn't a massacre.
Well, honestly, that could be any game. Some people take games in general way too seriously.
__________________



Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandyn View Post
You wield the banhammer like Thor wields Mjolnir.

"No, you're clearly wrong. A game's success is determined by the score. Opinions are facts now, and if this game gets too many negative facts then this game clearly sucks so we should all just leave and play Kingdom Hearts and Call of Duty.(that hurt to type)" - Sabeta_Sama of GFAQs
SuperGamecube64 is offline  
Old 02-10-2011, 06:50 PM   #10
Dudebro
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 300

My Mood: Lurking
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
Dudebro is a glorious beacon of lightDudebro is a glorious beacon of lightDudebro is a glorious beacon of lightDudebro is a glorious beacon of lightDudebro is a glorious beacon of lightDudebro is a glorious beacon of light


Awards Showcase
NFF 3rd Annual Award 
Total Awards: 1

Of course it could be any game, I was just relating that so you guys know I'm not being unfair about this game. Anyone can be skillful at it if they spend a lot of time with it.
Dudebro is offline  
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
N00b question time :p Megas75 Computers 5 02-15-2010 01:54 AM
Old School Tactics for Wii? op89x Nintendo Wii 8 07-10-2009 12:36 PM
Brawl's Advanced Tactics (AT's) SB381 SSBB 11 04-12-2009 10:21 PM
The N00b haha DARK8 Introductions! 26 04-12-2009 03:54 AM
Nintendo News ans Rumors around the Net Tencade Kazarian Gaming News 0 09-30-2008 07:05 PM

NFF Youtube Videos NFF Facebook page

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Nintendo Blog

Nintendofanforum.com is a Nintendo fansite and is not associated with or endorsed by Nintendo of America, Inc.
All trademarks and images belong to their respective owners.
Nintendo Wii