Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > General Chat > Debate Forum

Notices

Debate Forum This is the Debate forum engage in serious debates here.

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 05:48 PM   #1
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1
Points: 59,012, Level: 100 Points: 59,012, Level: 100 Points: 59,012, Level: 100
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom

My Mood: Woot
SuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Level 100 Award NFF Promoter Review of the Month Monster Poster 
Total Awards: 19

Send a message via AIM to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via MSN to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Yahoo to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Skype™ to SuperGamecube64 Xbox Live Gamertag: SuperGamecube64
Ask me about Jesus

There are a few topics here concerning religion. I strongly believe in respecting others beliefs, and learning about them. It betters you as an individual, and increases your knowledge of the world around you. I want you to ask me any question you have about the Christian religion, and I'll answer to the best of my ability. I do ask that you be respectful. If you act like an ass, I'm just going to ignore your question. This thread is not for spamming, flaming, or proving anyone right or wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandyn View Post
You wield the banhammer like Thor wields Mjolnir.

"No, you're clearly wrong. A game's success is determined by the score. Opinions are facts now, and if this game gets too many negative facts then this game clearly sucks so we should all just leave and play Kingdom Hearts and Call of Duty.(that hurt to type)" - Sabeta_Sama of GFAQs
Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2011, 06:33 PM   #2
Dudebro
Banned

My Mood: Lurking
Dudebro is a glorious beacon of lightDudebro is a glorious beacon of lightDudebro is a glorious beacon of lightDudebro is a glorious beacon of lightDudebro is a glorious beacon of lightDudebro is a glorious beacon of light

Awards Showcase
NFF 3rd Annual Award 
Total Awards: 1

Why does god/jesus allow bad things to happen to good people?
Old 02-10-2011, 06:38 PM   #3
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1
Points: 59,012, Level: 100 Points: 59,012, Level: 100 Points: 59,012, Level: 100
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom

SuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Level 100 Award NFF Promoter Review of the Month Monster Poster 

Send a message via AIM to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via MSN to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Yahoo to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Skype™ to SuperGamecube64 Xbox Live Gamertag: SuperGamecube64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
Why does god/jesus allow bad things to happen to good people?
There are several reasons. Sometimes it's to better your understanding of a situation. Sometimes you have to become what you hate in order to hate what you've become. Also, it may play a role in the future. If you've been through something, and meet someone who is going through a similar situation that others cannot identify with, you can then help that person in a way no one else can. So, just because something bad happens to you doesn't mean it is punishment. Sometimes it is so you can help someone else.

Quote:

"No, you're clearly wrong. A game's success is determined by the score. Opinions are facts now, and if this game gets too many negative facts then this game clearly sucks so we should all just leave and play Kingdom Hearts and Call of Duty.(that hurt to type)" - Sabeta_Sama of GFAQs
Old 02-10-2011, 06:40 PM   #4
Dudebro
Banned

Dudebro is a glorious beacon of lightDudebro is a glorious beacon of lightDudebro is a glorious beacon of lightDudebro is a glorious beacon of lightDudebro is a glorious beacon of lightDudebro is a glorious beacon of light

Awards Showcase
NFF 3rd Annual Award 

So when a newborn baby dies suddenly for no apparent reason this is gods plan? That doesn't seem cruel to you?
Old 02-10-2011, 06:43 PM   #5
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase

Quote:
So when a newborn baby dies suddenly for no apparent reason this is gods plan? That doesn't seem cruel to you?
It is sad, but ultimately, in my beliefs the baby is in Heaven.

Quote:

Old 02-10-2011, 06:48 PM   #6
Dudebro
Banned

Awards Showcase
NFF 3rd Annual Award 

Yeah but regardless of where it may go after death isn't the death itself inexcusably cruel? Couldn't an all powerful god find a better way to teach a lesson or shape the future?

If Jesus was born in the middle east as a jew, why do people think he's white?
Old 02-10-2011, 06:51 PM   #7
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase

Quote:
If Jesus was born in the middle east as a jew, why do people think he's white?
Because people are racist bastards.

Quote:

Old 02-10-2011, 07:04 PM   #8
Dudebro
Banned

Awards Showcase
NFF 3rd Annual Award 

Ok but what about-
Quote:
Yeah but regardless of where it may go after death isn't the death itself inexcusably cruel? Couldn't an all powerful god find a better way to teach a lesson or shape the future?
Old 02-10-2011, 07:11 PM   #9
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Ok but what about-
I really don't know. I am not God.

Quote:

Old 02-10-2011, 07:24 PM   #10
Dudebro
Banned

Awards Showcase
NFF 3rd Annual Award 

So I guess the next logical question is- how can you put your faith and trust into something that seemingly uses innocent lives to teach lessons. Doesn't that sound more evil than good? I mean, if all life is supposedly sacred, why end it so carelessly? What about the suffering of the loved ones and how it ruins their lives? Some people get stronger because of suffering but certainly not all. For some people the loss of an infant destroys them and they never recover, that doesn't seem like a good plan for a supreme being.
Closed Thread