Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > General Chat

Notices

General Chat Post away about anything in general just remember no content that would fit in other sections.

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2011, 01:37 AM   #1
Cam3ron36@NFF
NHL Fanatic
Points: 31,949, Level: 100 Points: 31,949, Level: 100 Points: 31,949, Level: 100
User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 3x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Bullet Bill User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Fighter

My Mood: Gaming
Cam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award Royalty Monster Poster Review of the Month Review of the Month Poster Game Reviewer 
Total Awards: 8

Send a message via Skype™ to Cam3ron36@NFF Xbox Live Gamertag: cam3ron36
Kind of curious about some of the harvest moon games...

Yeah, I only ever really played the first game on gamecube and a bit of the tree of tranquility on wii. I enjoy strategy games like this every so often and I like the gamecube one. I realise they go crazy with the spinoffs of this game series and the spinoffs probably suck so I'm wondering what other ones are good? I like the ones where it's just general farming with a lot of farm stuff available for you to do and the gc one seems kind of lacking sometimes, at least in the long run it seems the GC game will run out of things to do though I've never played it long enough to beat it.

So yeah, is there any really outstanding ones on the wii? I never played tree of tranquility enough to know but I'm curious about it. Also curious about the snes, n64 and ps1 games and how they compare.

Let me know, thanks.
Old 02-12-2011, 08:31 PM   #2
Colorful CrAzYoNzZ
Pink Pearl Voice
Points: 7,909, Level: 59 Points: 7,909, Level: 59 Points: 7,909, Level: 59
User owns 1x Poke Doll User owns 1x Chao User owns 1x Mr Saturn

My Mood: In Love
Colorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant future

Awards Showcase
NFF Ice Bucket Challenge Game Reviewer Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Royalty Poster Princess Award NFF 3rd Annual Award 
Total Awards: 10

Send a message via MSN to Colorful CrAzYoNzZ Send a message via Skype™ to Colorful CrAzYoNzZ Xbox Live Gamertag: z0mbii baItt
Is the one you played A Wonderful Life? That one can be kind of lacking, it is a well known fact that they put more effort into making the game "pretty" than into gameplay. It's also ridiculously long and there isn't a lot to do with your vast amount of time. I usually make him fish all day and do something else (like homework) while he fishes until it gets dark. xD

I would recommend Magical Melody, it's also for gamecube. The only downfall would be it is extremely chibi and cute. On MM, you can choose where to live, and build things like barns and all where you want them. :3

Other ones I enjoyed were Save the Homeland (for PS2) and of course, the N64 is my favorite of all time. <3

The 64 version is very limited and old compared to the others, but it's so charming and the simplicity is one of it's best qualities. That is just my opinion, since it was my first HM game, it's my natural favorite. I have a review up for it, if you'd rather look at that then have me explain it here.

I like Save the Homeland because this game is very similar to A Wonderful Life, except there is more to do. Also, it only lasts one year, but you can playthrough several times, since the object is to save the island from being turned into a resort, and there are several ways to do this. The best thing is you can keep all your animals and stuff from your previous file after you finish and decide to start again! ^^

I can't help you with Wii games, I don't have a Harvest Moon for Wii yet. ;~;

I heard Tree of Tranquility was very good, however. I would love to try it sometime.

I would advise you NOT to try the DS games, Rune Factory and Sunshine Islands suck.

Since you like just the general farming series, don't try Rune Factory or Innocent Life. In Rune Factory, you fight monsters and can learn magic and carry weapons, or use your farming tools to fight them. You also can befriend them and they live on your farm and are like animals, pretty much doing the same thing as regular cows or sheep.

In Innocent Life, you are an android, and you have machines that preform farming tasks for you, taking the farming aspect away, since your objective is to focus on finding some stones to save the village. I haven't played it, but this is from what I've heard of the game.

I hope I helped some. I love all Harvest Moon games, but the ones on the DS were very disappointing. I'm planning to get Cute and see if that saves the DS line, but I don't have very high hopes. :/

If you look everybody here is trying on new faces
And the ones that fit are surprisingly contagious
With a shiny new beginning we cordially invite you to
Into the dressing room.
Old 02-12-2011, 08:42 PM   #3
Cam3ron36@NFF
NHL Fanatic
Points: 31,949, Level: 100 Points: 31,949, Level: 100 Points: 31,949, Level: 100
User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 3x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Bullet Bill User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Fighter

Cam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award Royalty Monster Poster Review of the Month Review of the Month Poster Game Reviewer 

thanks, CC. I am hoping to find some more and I always saw magical melody for cheap back a couple of years ago. It looks like the ps1 type layout which is fine. Kind of wish I bought it ages ago now >.<

N64 one is something I may like, looks like the layout found in the ps1 game also, but I guess I can't call it the ps1 layout really, that top down look and tiles or whatever, I like the idea.

and I really enjoy AWL, so if AWL is the weak point then that is great news. Still really curious about the ps1 game since it looks awesome and I can emulate it on psp, same with the n64 one

the ps2 one you were talking about doesn't interest me much if it's that short :-/ Kind of prefer that they be endless.
Old 02-12-2011, 08:44 PM   #4
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1
Points: 59,012, Level: 100 Points: 59,012, Level: 100 Points: 59,012, Level: 100
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom

My Mood: Woot
SuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Level 100 Award NFF Promoter Review of the Month Monster Poster 
Total Awards: 19

Send a message via AIM to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via MSN to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Yahoo to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Skype™ to SuperGamecube64 Xbox Live Gamertag: SuperGamecube64
HMDSC = HMDS + a girl - the glitches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandyn View Post
You wield the banhammer like Thor wields Mjolnir.

"No, you're clearly wrong. A game's success is determined by the score. Opinions are facts now, and if this game gets too many negative facts then this game clearly sucks so we should all just leave and play Kingdom Hearts and Call of Duty.(that hurt to type)" - Sabeta_Sama of GFAQs
Old 02-12-2011, 08:50 PM   #5
Colorful CrAzYoNzZ
Pink Pearl Voice
Points: 7,909, Level: 59 Points: 7,909, Level: 59 Points: 7,909, Level: 59
User owns 1x Poke Doll User owns 1x Chao User owns 1x Mr Saturn

My Mood: In Love
Colorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant future

Awards Showcase
NFF Ice Bucket Challenge Game Reviewer Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Royalty Poster Princess Award NFF 3rd Annual Award 
Total Awards: 10

Send a message via MSN to Colorful CrAzYoNzZ Send a message via Skype™ to Colorful CrAzYoNzZ Xbox Live Gamertag: z0mbii baItt
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGamecube64 View Post
HMDSC = HMDS + a girl - the glitches.

I know. But I'd still like to try it and see if it is any better than Sunshine Islands or Rune Factory. Rune Factory wouldn't be so bad if I didn't DIE all the time from fighting those monsters. >.<'

Grand Bazaar looks like it would be good, but I'm not sure. Guess I'll just have to try that one too. Maybe I should sell Sunshine Islands and Rune Factory, then buy Cute and Grand Bazaar as replacements! ^^

@ Cam Three Ron:

Glad I could help. :3

Helping you has inspired me to write some reviews for HM games...so in the next few months expect Harvest Moon reviews from me. xp

If you look everybody here is trying on new faces
And the ones that fit are surprisingly contagious
With a shiny new beginning we cordially invite you to
Into the dressing room.
Old 02-12-2011, 08:53 PM   #6
Cam3ron36@NFF
NHL Fanatic

Awards Showcase

lol, have fun with that. Still looking for comments on the ps1 and wii harvest moons though if anyone knows, thanks.