Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Creative Corner > Stories and Creative Writing

Notices

Stories and Creative Writing Show off all your Creative Writing and Stories.

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 09:09 PM   #1
Nintenduendo
Estupidez
Points: 16,499, Level: 82 Points: 16,499, Level: 82 Points: 16,499, Level: 82
User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x Super Mushroom

My Mood: Cold
Nintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster NFF Annual Awards Profile of the Month Award NFF's 4th Annual Award Poster NFF Debater 
Total Awards: 6

Super Mario Bros. - The Legend Begins

-Prologue-

Ahem!!

Today, I'm going to tell you the story of the Star Children and the Lost Two.

Long ago, the Mushroom Kingdom was in a war against the fearsome Morton Koopa, king of the Dark Lands, home to the infamous Koopa Kingdom. They battled fiercely, and just as it seemed like the Mushroom Kingdom would win, the Goombas, whose ancestors founded the Mushroom Kingdom along with the Toads, turned on their brethren and joined the Koopa Troop; they joined not because of their immense jealously of the Toads, who had all but shunned them from royalty, but because of their immense fear of Morton.

Things looked like they were at their bleakest, until the Good King Shiitake Toadstool singlehandedly stormed Morton's Castle in the center of the Dark Lands. The two clashed for hours upon a bridge over a boiling pond of lava, until Shiitake took up a Koopa's Axe and sliced the ropes that held the bridge together.

Morton, however, would not go down without a fight. With his last bit of strength, he pulled Shiitake down into the fiery inferno with him, ensuring that the "Good King" would experience the same fate as he would.

The day after Morton and Shiitake's deaths, the Mushroom Kingdom and the Koopa Kingdom signed a peace treaty, both kingdoms swearing that they shall never go to war again.

That night, seven stars rained down from the heavens, finding shelter in the hearts of seven children of destiny. Meanwhile, in the Dark Lands, High MagiKoopa Kamek recieved visions concerning the future of Bowser, Morton's only son. In these visions, he saw two men, dressed in red and green defeating the older King Bowser, and saw the destruction of the Koopa Kingdom.

However, he saw a vision of a lone stork carrying two infants, one wearing a red cap and the other a green cap. Knowing that these two would be the men in the visions, he attacked the stork, only capturing one baby. The other fell into a lone isle, which was, coincedentially, being occupied by the Baby Bowser and a squadron of Koopas. The baby in red knew where his brother was being held, but without help, he would not get far. However, a tribe of Yoshies, the denizens of the island, sought to help the baby, and after an intense battle with Kamek and Bowser, the two were reunited.

Weeks passed...

One by one, babies began to disappear from their homes, carried to a suspicious castle in the sky. The Star Children were being hunted, and with the help of the Yoshi Tribe once more, the baby in red, along with five others, threw off their persuers.

The parents of the two baby brothers feared for their sons' lives. So, with the help of the Mushroom Elders, they opened a Warp Zone to a distant planet, where they could live in peace and harmony.

The story I'm about to tell you now is the story about the Lost Two. It is a tale of hope.

++++++++++

Mario was a mess. He was barely awake, as he was sprawled out on his living room couch. He hesitantly sat up and looked at the wall clock; it was almost 3 in the afternoon. Mario had a thick, black mustache and was wearing a white t-shirt with boxers. He looked around as he heard the front door creak open, following a blinding flood of sunlight.

“Mario? Are you up, bro?” a man’s voice spoke, a heavy Italian brogue accentuating his speech. He was tall, had a black mustache, wore blue-jean overalls hiding a long-sleeved green shirt underneath it, and had a green cap with the letter ‘L’ emblazoned on it.

“Yeah,” Mario croaked, as he finally stood to his feet.

“How long have you been up?” the man asked.

“Not long,” Mario replied, rubbing the sleep from his right eye.

“Right..." the man murmured to himself. "Anyways, I came to get my toolbox. Some lady’s pipe burst down on 4th Street,” the man continued, stating why he was here.

Mario groaned, then scratched his stomach as he sat back down. “Mario, man, what’s up with you? All you do nowadays is sleep and eat. You haven’t looked for a job since you quit the construction company…”

“Why do you care, Luigi?” Mario snapped.

“Because I’m your brother, Mario. I love you. I care what happens to you, even if you don’t,” Luigi answered, taking a seat by his brother on the couch. “What happened?” he asked.

“Pauline,” Mario replied.

“Pauline? The one who dumped you a couple months back?” Luigi replied to his answer.

“Don’t remind me.”

“How?” Luigi continued with the questioning.

“Well, you know how that stupid gorilla from the zoo broke loose, and it got Pauline, and how no one else had the damn spine to climb up there…anyways, a couple months later, she just broke the relationship off,” Mario answered, slumping even further in the couch.

“I loved her, Luigi. Time and time again, I told her as much. Apparently…it fell on deaf ears. After that I lost the will to do anything. I quit, because I knew it was affecting me at work, and you know, in that kind of work, you can’t afford to make mistakes,” He sighed, and then continued. “I don’t know what to do, Luigi…” he hid his face in his hands.

Luigi thought over all this for a couple of minutes, and then broke the silence.

“You know what you do? You pull yourself back up, get back on the scene, and find the one right for you. Like this, you’re no better than Donkey Kong; caged up day after day, bottling up your emotions, and someday, you’re gonna blow, and go on a rampage.” Luigi got up and walked towards the door. “Oh, by the way, you gotta come do this plumbing thing with me. It’s great money. I’m actually thinking of buying this old building a couple blocks down, and we can convert a couple rooms into bedrooms,” he added.

“I’ll think about it.” Mario said. "And...Luigi?" his voiced cracked.

He turned towards Luigi, eyes full of tears. “Thanks. A lot,” Mario said, wiping his eyes.

Luigi nodded and, with a smile, closed the door as he left.

++++++++++

It had been three weeks since Luigi gave his words of encouragement to Mario. To some, it may not have seemed like much, but Mario was grateful to hear it; from his brother, no less! It had seemed like his life was back on track. Mario fastened the last button on his blue-jean overalls, wearing a long-sleeved red shirt underneath.

Luigi knocked on his brother’s open door. “Hey, you about ready?” he asked.

“Just about,” Mario answered. “Hey, have you seen my hat?” he asked.

“You mean this?” Luigi answered with a question, holding up a red cap similar to his. The only difference was that the ‘L’ was an ‘M’.

Mario grabbed it from him, and adjusted it. “All right! Let’s rock n’ roll!!” he announced, grabbing a nearby box. He closed the door to his empty room as he left.

Today was the day the Mario Bros. finished moving into their new home: the building Luigi mentioned weeks ago. They had spent the last week moving the furniture over, but the wait was well worth it.

“You gotta see what I did to the van. I think you’ll like it,” Luigi said, as Mario locked up the apartment. The two headed to their white van their parents gave them on their 16th birthday. It may not have seemed like much, but Luigi used it for his plumbing business, and it got them around Brooklyn, and that’s all that mattered.

Mario exited the landlord’s office after turning in the apartment key, where he saw Luigi anxiously standing by the van. “Okay, what’d you do to the van?” he asked.

“This! Tah-dah!!” Luigi replied with fanfare. He tore off a white cover hiding the side of the van. A decal reading ‘Super Mario Bros. Plumbing Service’ with their phone number was flashed across the side.

“So, what do you think?" Luigi asked.

His brother was in awe. “That’s…awesome, Luigi!! Wow, it’s got our phone number and everything!!” Mario said, excited. The two climbed in, and drove off.

Mario twisted the wheel, directing the van down a side street. “Wow. The house, the van…how loaded are you?” Mario asked.

“Oh, come on! I told you plumbing pays good!!” Luigi laughed. A couple minutes later, they arrived at their destination.

They climbed out, and Mario inspected the building. It looked fairly decent, although he did notice the same logo as the van on the front window.

“Nice touch, Weegee,” he added with a smirk.

“Thanks…” Luigi gasped under the weight of the boxes. Mario helped him out, and the two entered their new home.

That night, the two celebrated with a spaghetti dinner. Mario scooped a forkful of spaghetti, and crammed it in his mouth.

“Man, your spaghetti is the best, Weegee. Just like Momma used to make…” he said through the thick spaghetti sauce.

“Yeah, and that Italian bread she’d make…” Luigi added, scooping spaghetti out of a giant pot and onto a plate.

“And you’d always eat the middle out of the bread!” Mario laughed at the memories.

“Hey, I hated the crust!” Luigi defended himself. Just as he was about to sit down with it, the phone rang in the other room. "In the middle of dinner!" Luigi sighed, and hurriedly paced into the other room.

“Super Mario Bros. Plumbing Service, this is Luigi, can I help you?” he greeted as he answered the phone.

“Luigi?” a feminine voice asked.

“That’s my name!" Luigi chirped with glee. "So what can I…”

“Luigi,” the voice interrupted. It sounded familiar to him. It sounded like....

“Pauline?” he asked. Mario looked up.

“Yeah. How are you?” she asked.

“Good. You, uh, wanted to talk to Mario?” he asked. Mario began to get up, but Luigi motioned him to sit back down.

"No. I mean...! Not that I don't want to..." Pauline stammered. With a sigh, she continued. "I called because my bathtub pipe’s clogged, and I remember seeing your van pass through town earlier…”

“No problem! We’ll be down their as fast as we can! Oh, you’re still living near 42nd and Oak, right?” he interrupted.

“Yeah,” she answered.

“Okay. See you then!” he hung up.

“What’d she say?” Mario asked, getting up.

“She’s got a clogged pipe, unbelievably,” Luigi answered, grabbing the van keys on a nearby end table.

“Huh, I thought she asked you out on a date there for a second…” Mario replied, shutting the front door behind him.

++++++++++

About ten minutes later, they arrived at her place, a small apartment complex. They climbed the stairs nearby to her apartment, and knocked on the door. The door swung open, revealing the beautiful Pauline. She had long, brown hair, and wore her signature red dress and pumps. She was taller than Mario, but then again, everyone was; Luigi, although younger, was about a foot taller than him, and Pauline was taller than Luigi by about six inches.

“Hi. How are you?” Mario asked, a bit nervous. This had been the first time he had spoken to Pauline since the breakup.

“Good. And you?” she replied, with equal nervousness.

“Good,” Mario answered with a smile.

“Good," she smiled. "Anyways, the bathroom is down the hall, the second door on the right," she continued, as she he pointed down the hall.

The two followed her instructions, and entered. Luigi peered into the tub; ankle-high water floated in the tub.

They climbed in, and Luigi examined the drain hole for a couple of minutes. “Oh yeah. This should be easy. The plumber’s snake, bro!” he said.

Mario reached into the toolbox, and pulled out a plumber’s snake.After a quick handoff, Luigi pushed it down the pipe, with high hopes to remove the clog.

After about five minutes of moving the snake about, he noticed the water receding down the pipe.

"Done!!” Luigi said to his brother, who had been watching over his shoulder.

"Let's get out of here, bro," Mario patted his sibling on the back, and climbed out of the tub.

Luigi began to climb out as well, but felt something suck his foot down the pipe.

“What the hell?” he thought out loud, as he tried to loose it out. "Mario!! Help!!" He cried, as half his body was sucked down the pipe.

Mario quickly grabbed his arms and pulled.

“Mario, keep pulling!! I don’t wanna die!! I’m hungry, and I wanna go home, eat that spaghetti, and live for about another 50 years!!” Luigi cried.

“You’re not going to die, idiot!” Mario answered. He wasn’t sure of that, though; this was the first time he heard of someone being sucked down a pipe.

He continued pulling, but his efforts were silenced, as he was sucked down the pipe with Luigi.

"Mario, Luigi, is everything okay?" Pauline asked, as she entered the bathroom. Not a sight of the twins was to be found. "That's strange....I didn't hear them leave..." she mumbled to herself, as she turned to go inspect outside.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2011, 09:14 PM   #2
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1
Points: 59,012, Level: 100 Points: 59,012, Level: 100 Points: 59,012, Level: 100
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom

My Mood: Woot
SuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Level 100 Award NFF Promoter Review of the Month Monster Poster 
Total Awards: 19

Send a message via AIM to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via MSN to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Yahoo to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Skype™ to SuperGamecube64 Xbox Live Gamertag: SuperGamecube64
an interesting take on SMB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandyn View Post
You wield the banhammer like Thor wields Mjolnir.

"No, you're clearly wrong. A game's success is determined by the score. Opinions are facts now, and if this game gets too many negative facts then this game clearly sucks so we should all just leave and play Kingdom Hearts and Call of Duty.(that hurt to type)" - Sabeta_Sama of GFAQs
Old 02-20-2011, 09:28 PM   #3
Colorful CrAzYoNzZ
Pink Pearl Voice
Points: 7,909, Level: 59 Points: 7,909, Level: 59 Points: 7,909, Level: 59
User owns 1x Poke Doll User owns 1x Chao User owns 1x Mr Saturn

My Mood: In Love
Colorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant future

Awards Showcase
NFF Ice Bucket Challenge Game Reviewer Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Royalty Poster Princess Award NFF 3rd Annual Award 
Total Awards: 10

Send a message via MSN to Colorful CrAzYoNzZ Send a message via Skype™ to Colorful CrAzYoNzZ Xbox Live Gamertag: z0mbii baItt
I agree.
Can't wait to see more.

If you look everybody here is trying on new faces
And the ones that fit are surprisingly contagious
With a shiny new beginning we cordially invite you to
Into the dressing room.
Closed Thread

Tags
bowser, luigi, mario, peach, smb